Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 01:49 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times

Advertisements

I was going to try this when I had guests coming a few weeks ago -- we had a bit of a storm that day so we had to postpone. I already had the items for it so I tried it the next day. It didn't turn out well at all (just didn't taste good) -- honestly, I was glad I'd had to postpone having my friends over so I hadn't made it for them!!

I like all the ingredients individually, and I use my slow cooker all the time, so I still don't know what went wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 02:04 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,763,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I was going to try this when I had guests coming a few weeks ago -- we had a bit of a storm that day so we had to postpone. I already had the items for it so I tried it the next day. It didn't turn out well at all (just didn't taste good) -- honestly, I was glad I'd had to postpone having my friends over so I hadn't made it for them!!

I like all the ingredients individually, and I use my slow cooker all the time, so I still don't know what went wrong.
I looked at the recipe and thought that it probably needs more seasoning - garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and a dash of red pepper flakes. I have not tried pasta in my Crockpot - I like my pasta just a bit above al dente. Therefore, if I were to try a pasta dish, I would add the pasta in the very last hours of cooking.

Just my thoughts.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:08 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:

Oh man. I hope mine turns out ok. I did use seasoned diced tomatoes, so maybe that will save me. If not, I may get the pizza I was wanting for lunch!

=)

Old 01-01-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Oh man. I hope mine turns out ok. I did use seasoned diced tomatoes, so maybe that will save me. If not, I may get the pizza I was wanting for lunch!

=)
Pik, let us know!! I may have done something wrong.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:29 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Pik, let us know!! I may have done something wrong.
It turned out really good, IMO. I used diced tomatoes that had rosemary and I am thinking oregano in it. I did cook up some chicken breasts and put it on top of each serving at the end. Very good and plenty flavorful.

I prefer it without the chicken but I was feeding an SO and two teenagers as well.

I will be making it again.

I put the cream cheese in after it had all cooked for 4 hours and for the spinach, I did use frozen, the block style.

Very easy and such minimal prep. If not for the chicken, the most prep I had to do was the cutting up of the cream cheese!

Old 03-02-2014, 12:11 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I saw this on Facebook last week and it was a keeper. It couldn't be easier and it comes out nice and creamy.
I made this a couple of weeks ago. It was very good, but next time I'd have several people over to eat it all in one night. (By the next day, it was runny and unappetizing in appearance....my major complaint with many slow cooker recipes.)

Old 03-02-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I made this a couple of weeks ago. It was very good, but next time I'd have several people over to eat it all in one night. (By the next day, it was runny and unappetizing in appearance....my major complaint with many slow cooker recipes.)
Wow, I don't experience that at all with my slow cooker, at least not with my favorites -- beef stroganoff, chicken cacciatore, lime chicken with rice, and (now, since I just made it!) chicken corn chowder. They all taste good the first night, but most taste even better the next day. The chicken corn chowder was AMAZING the second and third days!!

Old 03-02-2014, 01:03 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Wow, I don't experience that at all with my slow cooker, at least not with my favorites -- beef stroganoff, chicken cacciatore, lime chicken with rice, and (now, since I just made it!) chicken corn chowder. They all taste good the first night, but most taste even better the next day.
For me, isn't the taste, it's the LOOK of it, and it isn't until the next day....and usually only with beige- colored food....chicken, white potatoes, pasta, etc.

I usually use my crock pot only for pot roasts, fajitas, spaghetti, etc.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
For me, isn't the taste, it's the LOOK of it, and it isn't until the next day....and usually only with beige- colored food....chicken, white potatoes, pasta, etc.
lol, the chicken corn chowder was pretty beige so I just added lots of multicolor freshly-ground pepper to it ... YUM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes