Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 06:54 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times

Advertisements

1. cabbage is very gassy so get some beano or gas X.
2. cabbage 3 nights a week? No way!
3. husband telling you what to eat? No way!
4. No meat in the house? Not fair to those who eat it and like it.
5. Let him cook is own vegan dishes while you enjoy a nice thick juicy steak
6. eat what you like and let him eat what he likes
7. If all else fails get a divorce LOL.
No one should dictate who or what you eat that's just ridiculous. Come home with a thick and juicy bacon cheeseburger and eat it in front of him. I am not mocking vegans but he has no right to tell you what to eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 01:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Three days of boiled cabbage sounds like some kind of a 'cleanse' to me, or eating cabbage soup used to be a popular diet fad so maybe it's an attempt to drop a quick 5 pounds.
If you are familiar with OP's post history, she is not overweight. If anything, she is thin. His fad diet should not be her problem.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Nope. Read the OP's previous thread (there are more and all very strange).
The nicest way to sum it up is that OP's husband isn't an adventurous eater, but very demanding and manipulative.
He just wants to eat lentils, rice, and onions, and now cabbage. He also demands that she eats it too (she is not vegetarian)...
Can't wait for OP to chime in a let us know what he eats now, so we can make useful recommendations.
I read that thread, and I think he needs a new cook and she needs a divorce lawyer. His diet isn't healthy by any standard, not even that of the strictest vegan.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Throw in some Caraway seeds.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:47 AM

61,741 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I read that thread, and I think he needs a new cook and she needs a divorce lawyer. His diet isn't healthy by any standard, not even that of the strictest vegan.
Classic example:
What's for dinner? (Food forum), and OP's answer is...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/52527074-post4553.html

Last edited by elnina; 07-18-2018 at 04:07 AM..

Old 07-18-2018, 08:17 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
This girl is going to be anorexic if she eats what he eats. She needs protein on her diet, fruits and veggies.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:49 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Whoa I forgot about this thread. Yeah I didn't end up eating cabbage all three nights, though he of course threw a hissy fit.

Basically he thinks that if we eat anything other than a spartan vegan diet, we'll both die within 5 years guaranteed. We're in our late 20s...

I usually tell him to go stuff a tofurkey and eat what I want (and I'm not a huge meat or cheese eater anyway, so yeah), but sometimes I relent if I'm really not in the mood to argue.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:27 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Whoa I forgot about this thread. Yeah I didn't end up eating cabbage all three nights, though he of course threw a hissy fit.

Basically he thinks that if we eat anything other than a spartan vegan diet, we'll both die within 5 years guaranteed. We're in our late 20s...

I usually tell him to go stuff a tofurkey and eat what I want (and I'm not a huge meat or cheese eater anyway, so yeah), but sometimes I relent if I'm really not in the mood to argue.
He needs some therapy and/or a visit with a registered dietician. I’m not kidding, it might help him a lot. If he’s going to be a health nut, he should at least arm himself with some facts.

I’m glad to hear YOU ate what you wanted!

Old 07-20-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post

I'm glad you had something better than plain cabbage those three nights.

It sounds to me like hubster needs some kind of help with his anxiety issues. I am not a vegan, or even a vegetarian, but I promise you I could create meals that would satisfy either of those criteria without resorting to such a bland, flavorless, and unbalanced diet. What's up with his objection to more variety: different vegetables, legumes, whole grains, nuts, fruits, oils, herbs and spices, etc? He's not eating more healthily, he's doing penance to ward off his fears, and demanding that you go along for the ride.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:54 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm glad you had something better than plain cabbage those three nights.

It sounds to me like hubster needs some kind of help with his anxiety issues. I am not a vegan, or even a vegetarian, but I promise you I could create meals that would satisfy either of those criteria without resorting to such a bland, flavorless, and unbalanced diet. What's up with his objection to more variety: different vegetables, legumes, whole grains, nuts, fruits, oils, herbs and spices, etc? He's not eating more healthily, he's doing penance to ward off his fears, and demanding that you go along for the ride.
He's very picky, even for a vegan lol. He hates tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini or any kind of squash, bok choy, coconut, vegan meat/dairy substitutes, vinegar, cucumber, olives, among many other things.

I'm working on it with him (both encouraging him to try new foods and not complaining so much when I eat something other than his gruel), but my god... I imagine this is what having toddlers is like. lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes