Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 02:36 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,603,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
He's very picky, even for a vegan lol. He hates tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini or any kind of squash, bok choy, coconut, vegan meat/dairy substitutes, vinegar, cucumber, olives, among many other things.

I'm working on it with him (both encouraging him to try new foods and not complaining so much when I eat something other than his gruel), but my god... I imagine this is what having toddlers is like. lmao
Lots of people are picky eaters. What he's doing goes beyond that, since he's insisting you adapt your own eating habits to his pickiness. (Actually, I wouldn't call him picky, I would call him obsessive, but that's just me.)

It sounds to me like you are already bending over backwards to make him happy, and if he can't meet you halfway, I would say that's his hard luck.

Who does most of the cooking at your house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 03:24 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,351,290 times
Yikes.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:28 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,157,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Lots of people are picky eaters. What he's doing goes beyond that, since he's insisting you adapt your own eating habits to his pickiness. (Actually, I wouldn't call him picky, I would call him obsessive, but that's just me.)

It sounds to me like you are already bending over backwards to make him happy, and if he can't meet you halfway, I would say that's his hard luck.

Who does most of the cooking at your house?
We take turns, because the last time I suggested that we just cook for ourselves what we like, he went full on soap opera on me, waterworks and all. To him, families eat the same thing together for dinner.

Even his mom tells him to chill. lol

Old 07-21-2018, 01:33 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,089,788 times
There is a Chinese restaurant near my house that makes delicious and delicate wonton soup.

The wonton balls are a dollop of pork on a shrimp and covered in thin dough to make balls. The only vegetable is large pieces of American cabbage, and its delicious.

Some vegetarians eat seafood, so I mention the wontons because of the shrimp.

At a fair in Nanticoke, PA, I once had fried cabbage with bow tie noodles. The cabbage had been cut into 1/2 inch ribbons that were about 3" long, or consistent with the size of the bow tie noodles. I guess they were fried (sautéed) in butter and seasoned with salt and pepper. It was said to be a local specialty dish.

At first I was like, meh. But, the more I ate the more I wanted more.

If it hasn't been mentioned, a cheese cloth-sachet of caraway seeds adds a nice flavor to cabbage as well. If you don't mind eating the caraway seeds then you don't need to bother making a sachet.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:03 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,603,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
We take turns, because the last time I suggested that we just cook for ourselves what we like, he went full on soap opera on me, waterworks and all. To him, families eat the same thing together for dinner.

Even his mom tells him to chill. lol
Wow. I really don't know what else to say. There is absolutely no way I would be willing to accept that behavior. You must have the patience of a saint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes