Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:46 PM

193 posts, read 842,733 times

Advertisements

I had posted for a good roll recipe last week, and someone posted about lamberts rolls. I just wanted to share that this is their actual recipe that I just got from my aunt who lives in missouri (where lamberts is). I tried it and it is identical. It's their rolls!!

Ingredients
Directions
  1. Combine sugar and yeast in tepid water.
  2. Let stand 5-10 minutes until yeast begins to foam.
  3. Thoroughly mix milk, butter, sugar, egg and salt in large bowl.
  4. Stir in the yeast mixture and 3 1/2 cups of flour, adding a bit more if necessary to make a soft, pliable dough.
  5. Turn dough out on floured board and let rest while you clean and butter bowl.
  6. Knead dough gently 4-5 minutes, adding flour if necessary, until dough is smooth and silky.
  7. Return to bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in warm place until doubled in size (1 1/2 hours appoximately).
  8. Butter a 12 cup muffin tin.
  9. Punch down dough.Pinch off pieces that are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, (enough to fill one-half of muffin cup), and roll into smooth spheres.Place two such pieces in each prepared muffin cup- it will be a tight fit.
  10. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap for 45 minutes.
  11. Bake rolls in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until light brown.
  12. Serve as soon as they are cool enough to throw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 05:03 AM

540 posts, read 1,329,150 times
By "throwed," you mean toss? I ask because I saw a piece on the Foodnetwork,about a restaurant that threw rolls to people. I was wondering if this was the same restaurant
And what makes the rolls stand out, besides the throw part?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:51 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,575,016 times
Quote:
And what makes the rolls stand out, besides the throw part?
Because they are SO GOOD and that they throw them, sometimes across the room and it it hits the floor, no problem, they throw you another one.

zebrashoes- You compare that recipe to mine and it is pretty much the same one except I do not dissolve my yeast first (I use the instant yeast, cuts out that step) and add a little more sugar. That recipe make less than mine so what differences there is in the two recipes is because mine makes more. Ha! No wonder people compare my rolls to Lambert's!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 AM

193 posts, read 842,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
Because they are SO GOOD and that they throw them, sometimes across the room and it it hits the floor, no problem, they throw you another one.

zebrashoes- You compare that recipe to mine and it is pretty much the same one except I do not dissolve my yeast first (I use the instant yeast, cuts out that step) and add a little more sugar. That recipe make less than mine so what differences there is in the two recipes is because mine makes more. Ha! No wonder people compare my rolls to Lambert's!

Actually I had your recipe and was telling my aunt you had said they tasted like lamberts rolls. Thats when she told me she had lamberts recipe. I am going to try your recipe as well just to compare. They are very very similar. I know you had said you were a tug boat cook and had tons of recipes. Soooooo you have a good potato soup recipe lol? I dont want to bug you for recipes but you seem to have it going on in the kitchen, so i had to ask.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:38 AM

737 posts, read 2,586,818 times
Just made these - definitely needed more flour. To cut down on the yeast-y flavor, I'll add more sugar next time. Also, I think a light brush of butter on the top, or maybe an egg wash to give it more texture is needed. Yep, they were good but I did poke toothpicks holes in them and swathed some melted butter across the tops while they were still slightly warm. I think a heated jelly might fit very nicely in the middle - it was my lunch and not a side dish and I thought they were good enough NOT to toss indiscriminately - although the dogs definitely thought otherwise.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrashoes View Post
I dont want to bug you for recipes but you seem to have it going on in the kitchen, so i had to ask.
Here is a whole thread she has shared her recipes with us. Enjoy! Some of my most often used recipes

Old 06-13-2009, 07:28 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,575,016 times
While I make potato soup, I don't have a recipe for it. I just boil my potatoes with some chopped onions until all is done, mash up the potatoes til they are like I want them, add milk, salt pepper and sometimes cheese. It depends on what your tastes are, sometimes I add celery to the boiling potatoes and onions..It would be something like this one I found online... (I would add more salt and pepper.)

Potato Soup Recipe
40 min |
SERVES 4
6-8 medium potatoes
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
6 cups milk
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 lb cheddar cheese
Peel, cube, boil, drain and "mush" potatoes to the consistency you like In separate pan, melt butter, add flour and cook while stirring for about a minute or so.
Add half the milk and stir until lumps are out of flour mixture.
Add remaining milk and on med-high heat, heat to a boil.
Stir almost constantly or it will scorch.
After boiling, turn heat off and add remaining ingredients.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:32 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
Thank you so much for the Lambert's rolls recipe! I'll definitely have to try it, and throw them at the kids,lol...we miss Lambert's!

Old 06-14-2009, 07:49 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrashoes View Post
I know you had said you were a tug boat cook and had tons of recipes. Soooooo you have a good potato soup recipe lol? I dont want to bug you for recipes but you seem to have it going on in the kitchen, so i had to ask.
I also love Laura's recipes! She really does have it "goin on" in the kitchen!

Old 06-14-2009, 07:51 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
Saw the word "lamberts" and jumped into this discussion - but no Adam ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes