Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 06:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Sadly a lot of men seem to think male dancers or men that can dance are gay.

I sense a little bit of jealousy.

I'm also hearing similar remarks about men who take care of themselves and are in great shape.

Who else is gay?

Martial artists, Boxers, athletes,

Sounds like the bitterness of some towards who have some of the more desirable traits.

Pretty soon it will progress to any man who has a job as being gay.
Nah a wussy is when i can picky up a daddy-long legger, and he can't.lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 06:32 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Nah a wussy is when i can picky up a daddy-long legger, and he can't.lol
How Emasculating.

Good thing I'm the Spider Man.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
LOL Just yesterday i danced with my wife in a parking lot in biker boots. Man I was planted to the pavement. At the ripe age of 58 I was forced to jump so I could move off that dammed pavement. At least is was full blown mid 70's rock n' roll, what I grew up with. There were real big biker DUDES laffin at me, but I sure didn't care. I was more concerned about having a very real heart attack!

Well that did it and all the gals wanted a dance with me too. I swear women just wanna kill me!

After I was done, I took the mic, and told all them bikers I was a lesibian and I just found out, which set the place on fire as laughter.

Kiddo yer a fool to not have just stood up, and acted like you were havin a fit. So long as I don't hurt anyone I couldn't care a bit about what another person thinks of me and my doin's.

Dancing isn't exactly rocket science.

BTW all them big biker dudes of which I am one, understood they had a wild cat of a little older guy on their hands if one wanted to get personal over some gal.

I'ld say live a little, but it seems you have to learn how to be free first. Get that figured out and you will be free. I am 100% more free than you and all them big biker dudes.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:20 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default She asked me to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I don't get your point. Why would you question my physical condition. I'm 52 and can still play football with the college kids like I did 30 years ago. I work out very very hard to stay young. Given some dancing skills I would out do the best of them. I just don't know how. And just as you admitted, you were embarrassed too when you hopped up and danced. What's the difference?

Whatever the case I have arranged to barter my professional services with a professional dance teacher. Almost even swap. I found her on Craigslist. I already met up with her in a local mom and pop coffee shop and struck a deal.

Being asked by that singer must have made you feel really awesome. I can vouch for that feeling. I just wish I could have acted on it. Good day to you!
The point is I take acception to what you say, you say "Men are so awkward on the dance floor..". And you say: " Men who dance are looked at as not straight..". Where do you get this information? In my opinion it is not true. Men who know how to dance are not awkward, nor are they gay. And are considered gay by a few misinformed men that probably can't dance. Good for you if you're learning to dance. You will find there is more to dancing than just learning a few steps. If you don't have rhythm,you will have a hard time 'keeping time' to the beat. Without rhythm you will have trouble dancing.

Yes, I was embarrassed because my friends were all watching me and the lady was having a hard time following me, since we had never danced together before, and she was very close in my arms. I'm certainly not embarrassed dancing with my wife, no matter who is watching.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:07 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Learn to dance, my friend, and trust me on this..........if a woman knows you can dance, she'll know you can do other things as well!
This is very true. How you dance tells women how you will (likely) perform in bed later on. If you are stiff, scared and awkward -- or are a wall flower -- you are a dud. If you are fun and fluid and can gyrate your hips even half as well as say, Ricky Martin, you are golden. You will never sleep alone.

It's so ironic that young guys will go to bars and clubs to pick up women for one-niters, but are afraid to do the very thing that will most rapidly assure their success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

YouTube - Basic Club Dancing 101

This one is so true.
Indeed it is. This man knows what he is talking about.

Someone made a remark that this "only works for black guys." Wrong. It is interesting that the song in the video is "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics which is not the R&B or Hip Hop the commenter might typically identify as "black" music.

What this video does not point out is that by the time that song ended, if you performed as this man did, the woman would have no further questions or desire to stick around. She would be ready to go home. With him. In my experience, it has always transpired that way.

Last edited by SomeGuyInFairfax; 06-20-2010 at 12:02 PM..

Old 06-20-2010, 11:27 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
This thread reminds me of my favorite Ramone's Song; Do you wanna dance?

I think I'm going to take lessons at the local CC to see if I can learn Tango dancing, or at least how to properly do the Funky Chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships