Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 12:28 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times

Advertisements

John Candy was a genius. RIP Genius.

YouTube - George Michael - Careless Whisper (Extended Version)

Old 07-05-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Mr. Sizzle, I'm shocked you don't know who Katy Perry is.

Even I know who Katy Perry is.

Katy Perry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have no clue. I spend a lot of money on my music I guess. I have Rhapsody, XM, Slacker on my phone...and the few times I listen to Terrestrial radio it is 100.7 or 98.7.2.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:40 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Have no clue. I spend a lot of money on my music I guess. I have Rhapsody, XM, Slacker on my phone...and the few times I listen to Terrestrial radio it is 100.7 or 98.7.2.
Well, I wouldn't necessarily purchase her music - and since I don't live in your area I have no idea what those two radio stations play for music.

I've seen her on the internet news and my boyfriend and I saw her on the Palladia channel - we actually like her "California Girls" song.

When I read the news and I keep on seeing a name pop up or people constantly mention a person's name on television, it piques my interest, so I research it.

Maybe it's a female thing?

We have become so individualized as a society in what we listen to and watch and do.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Well, I wouldn't necessarily purchase her music - and since I don't live in your area I have no idea what those two radio stations play for music.

I've seen her on the internet news and my boyfriend and I saw her on the Palladia channel - we actually like her "California Girls" song.

When I read the news and I keep on seeing a name pop up or people constantly mention a person's name on television, it piques my interest, so I research it.

Maybe it's a female thing?

We have become so individualized as a society in what we listen to and watch and do.
Well if it is popular music I won't know what it is. I actively go out of my way to ignore Hollyweird. NO TMZ or stuff like that for the Sizzler.

My opinion is that Popular Culture isn't sending the right message to young people. Or at least not a message I care about in any way, shape or form. I'll just ignore it, that is what HollyWeird hates anyways. It's all about flash and style, and marketing...and not about soul.

Bob Seger said it best, I still like that old time rock and roll.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:33 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Tis NO RUMOR!!!
The Smurfs (2011)

What is a Katy Perry and why is it Smurfette? Um...Reece Witherspoon is the ONLY choice for a Smurfette.

Katy Perry is that woman that sings the very popular song "I kissed a boy and he liked it".

Damn right, he did!

Old 07-05-2010, 05:24 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Katy Perry is that woman that sings the very popular song "I kissed a boy and he liked it".
I don't care for that one. But I always liked this one...

MySpace Player

Old 07-05-2010, 05:29 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
We're fixin to make a cassoulet for dinner.

We're feeling rather French this evening.

Is there someone we could surrender to........

Old 07-05-2010, 05:35 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Tell Sea to get out her "French Maids outfit!" Whoo Hoo!!

Old 07-05-2010, 05:40 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I think you should surrender to each other.

Sounds yummy. We just had Chicken Pot Pie...I make a pretty good one.

We had a run-around day today. Ran all over town just checking things out. BF almost bought another gun (no he does not need another one but he loves old rifles); he bought a bike seat for the bike he's building (one of those skinny little seats - hurts my @ss just to look at it); made my bi-monthly trip to Trader Joes, checked out some new cars, and bought 2 new kayaks...the surf variety. We'll probably try 'em out next weekend. Hope I don't fall off the damn thing - should be hilarious watching me try to climb back on!

Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Tell Sea to get out her "French Maids outfit!" Whoo Hoo!!
I'm already in my Julia Child outfit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think you should surrender to each other.

Sounds yummy. We just had Chicken Pot Pie...I make a pretty good one.

We had a run-around day today. Ran all over town just checking things out. BF almost bought another gun (no he does not need another one but he loves old rifles); he bought a bike seat for the bike he's building (one of those skinny little seats - hurts my @ss just to look at it); made my bi-monthly trip to Trader Joes, checked out some new cars, and bought 2 new kayaks...the surf variety. We'll probably try 'em out next weekend. Hope I don't fall off the damn thing - should be hilarious watching me try to climb back on!
**waves white flag**

I think you mentioned the pot pie before; I remember because I tried making it once. I think it was just a bad recipe.

We want to at least rent some kayaks this summer. That little outdoor restaurant on the marina that we frequent has an area of the dock where boaters and kayakers can "park" and go to the restaurant. Looks so fun. Good exercise, you're in the sun... Everyone's always happy and in a good mood down there... Have fun with them, Chessie.

EDIT: I tried a chicken pot pie recipe, not yours. Sounds like I made your recipe and didn't like it, heehee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.