Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 10:06 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,682,596 times

Advertisements

Me too! I have been reading and catching up on this most beautiful story........that even comes with pictures! How awesome........a real fairytale come TRUE.
I hope someone does a video. Wonderful...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 11:59 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,170,079 times
OK now that I'm over the surprise from reading it on another thread, I'm still very excited because I have followed this love story from the beginning and it is the nicest story.

Rance, how did you guys pick Florida? I think it's cool. The idea, not the weather.

I'm about 6 hours away from Jax by car and I'd love to be there but I'm going to be in North Carolina. Can't you change the date?

Speaking like a mother now: Sweden needs to continue her schooling. She is extremely bright. Whatever she can't do at the Community College, she can try and do online or she can even register for those weekend college things and maybe go to one of the bigger universities in AK on the weekends. So don't lose the thought!

Old 08-24-2008, 02:07 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,627,730 times
Been reading some of this...and wanted to say CONGRATS!! What a lovely story, full of photos and wonderful memories.
http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/4.gif (broken link)

Old 08-24-2008, 07:19 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,139,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
OK now that I'm over the surprise from reading it on another thread, I'm still very excited because I have followed this love story from the beginning and it is the nicest story.

Rance, how did you guys pick Florida? I think it's cool. The idea, not the weather.
lol vpcats I told them "you should get married here in FL on the beach at sunset and hey I will even do the ceremony"
and here we are !!!

quite a twist on the rances caravan isn't it

I am going to ask them about the cam when I go to make sure they will let us have the wedding there
good thing I am pretty persuasive

Old 08-24-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol vpcats I told them "you should get married here in FL on the beach at sunset and hey I will even do the ceremony"
and here we are !!!

quite a twist on the rances caravan isn't it

I am going to ask them about the cam when I go to make sure they will let us have the wedding there
good thing I am pretty persuasive

Persuasive? I believe it! I don't know how you convinced Rance and Sweden to come to Florida from halfway around the world, to get married no less.
I wish I could go up and be a part of this but I will be in NC, or just coming back from. I think I come back Sept. 27th.

Oh it's going to be so beautiful I could cry.

Yeah, remember the caravan???? LOLLLLLL

Old 08-24-2008, 07:46 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,139,917 times
hey vpcats
just leave a day later and you can stop on your way home
you will be driving right past just turn left off of 95

Old 08-24-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
hey vpcats
just leave a day later and you can stop on your way home
you will be driving right past just turn left off of 95
LOLLL.. I wish. We're flying.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:56 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,226,279 times
Where is Sweden on all these threads?? Is she weaning off CD?? Probably too busy for it at the minute what with wedding planning.

I think it's all very exciting - I hope that the logisitcs work out ok, it's not an easy process getting a foreigner a green card post 911 .
Honestly I would advise applying for citizenship when she is IN Alaska with you (assuming Alaska has the same immigration policies as the mainland). Otherwise you could find yourselves apart for longer than you intend.

At one point I got deported into Canada after a trip there (long story lol) and they said I would have to remain outside the US until my greencard came. My DH was on business there and had to fly back to Newark and spend 9 hours battling with immigration to get them to let me back in. He tried being nice, tried being persuasive and eventually had to get nasty. They let me back in, but it wasn't very funny at the time. My greencard took more than 6 months after that to arrive.

I hope things are easier for you - it took us well over a year to actually get the greencard. Luckily I was able to stay in the States during the wait. It would have been awful to be seperated from my new husband for that long!

Good luck and enjoy your wedding!!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:44 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,861,165 times
She's busy knitting a sweater! And packing! We're not even worrying about green cards at this point. We can be in each other's countries 90 days with just a passport. We're going in to talk to immigration in Anchorage when she get's here. First things first and thats getting married.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:51 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,226,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
She's busy knitting a sweater! And packing! We're not even worrying about green cards at this point. We can be in each other's countries 90 days with just a passport. We're going in to talk to immigration in Anchorage when she get's here. First things first and thats getting married.
Ok, just trying to share my experience with you. I am a bit surprised that you aren't worrying about immigration seeing as I am assuming that you are getting married because you want to live togther before too long, but I am sure that you will work things out your own way. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships