Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:42 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,798,510 times

Advertisements

OP's new girlfriend could be a girl who has a history of picking the wrong guy, so her friends may want to protect her. My college roommate was like that, always falling for the wrong kind of guy, and she knew it, so she asked me to be the "bulldog".
It took her 30 years to finally find a good guy,( I hope).

If OP is the right kind of guy, her girlfriends may very well ease up on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 04:47 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
Have it ever happened to you that you met a girl that you actually like you somehow manage to get her to like you then suddenly she gets the bright idea of presenting you to her friends and her friends look at you like you were a real monster even thou its the first time you met them. You managed to get the most attractive of the bunch.

How do you deal with this kind of situation??

and Why do girls actually become real bulldogs in that kind of situation??
No, because I am the bodyguard!LOL.......

Old 07-15-2010, 05:09 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,296,843 times
Women have a mother hen's instinct when it comes to protecting their friends.I swear that it is wired into our DNA.I am the very type of chick the OP was introduced to.I don't like anyone that I see who poses a potential threat to my friends happiness.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:13 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
My defense to this is pay attention to the friends and ask them question about themselves. be interested in both the girl and her friends. It's the best way to win over all of them.
I can see right through that game.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:14 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missvang View Post
onihC; No girl is going to talk to my brother(s) (guy friends or biological brother) until they pass me
Really? I find that quite nice. Seems like people don't really give a rat's tail aboug a guy, even his own family. It's refreshing to hear a woman say she protects a guy as much as she would protect a female friend or relative .

I remember how my brothers would either laugh about it or just shake their head in disagreement the way I treated some girls who were after them. If a girl would drop by late at night, say, 1am or something. I would stay at the door with a poker face and be like "Is there anything important you want to do with my brother this late at night? You can come back tomorrow in the morning. I'll take a message if you want. " I would do the same with my sister if a guy wanted to be a wiseguy.

Quote:
I did, to my friend Q's fiance before he married her. Almost those exact words, too. She treated him badly, as we suspected she would, and she literally ran from me when I saw her. Then she moved. Not because of me ... well, probably.
Good job JustJulia
I don't feel emasculated or less of a man if a female friend did something like that for me. Actually, I like it . No need to get violent or anything but it shows people care for me as well regardless of me being a guy. I remember while in my teens that I was leaving for a date and we had relatives at home. My parents wanted to know who this girl was, what she was up to, etc. And my relatives were like "If you take care of Onih like that, I wonder how you take care of your daughter". My parents responded with something like "We love our children the same. Don't see why we would take care more of one or the other" .

A guy/girl or two have given me the "Mess with her and you'll regret it" looks. Either her brother(s) or friends. I have nothing to be afraid of unless my intentions were bad. I remember not having a problem at all if a girl's brother or friends came with us because I would treat her the same anyways with or without company.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:19 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Because of this phenomenon, I actually prefer drinking with my girl friends, instead of guy friends.

The cattiness will keep other girls away from the table. But girls are also good ice breakers if they do see somebody good for you.

With guys, it's pretty much bombs away. I know a lot of guys on here like to be approached, I don't know how you do that. It is almost impossible to nicely tell a woman you are not interested.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:29 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Women are actually trained at birth to be CIA special agents and interrogators, as such they can instantly tell whether a guy is bad news or not without even saying a word to him, dontchaknow?

I experienced this in high school once. A girl I knew expressed her feelings for me and we decided to idk, 'date' I guess (it didn't last very long). During the whole courtship if you will, her friend was ALWAYS being a total control freak nanny-statist ***** even though she barely knew me and if she did, she'd know I'm one of the nicest people she'd meet and that I'm a very good person. And of course, since I don't really take **** from people, it took a long time for her to 'accept' me since I didn't just bend over and acquiesce to her.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:05 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Really? I find that quite nice. Seems like people don't really give a rat's tail aboug a guy, even his own family. It's refreshing to hear a woman say she protects a guy as much as she would protect a female friend or relative .
Yep. Seriously.. I'll protect my man if girls are pounding at his door. Ugh, can't stand that.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that there are men out there that has no bad intention to hurt a gal (or vice versa). I detest those kind of people.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:33 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
It could be:

- They are being protective
- They don't trust you
- They are jealous of her, and project it on to you

Points 1 and 2 are should be met with meeting them halfway and earning their trust and respect. Point 3 is not necessarily your issue, but don't aggravate it. Be cordial and civil to them.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:16 PM

283 posts, read 458,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
OP's new girlfriend could be a girl who has a history of picking the wrong guy, so her friends may want to protect her. My college roommate was like that, always falling for the wrong kind of guy, and she knew it, so she asked me to be the "bulldog".
It took her 30 years to finally find a good guy,( I hope).

If OP is the right kind of guy, her girlfriends may very well ease up on him.

Falling for the wrong kind of guy. This is where I think many girls make mistakes doing their over protective Bulldogs thing. What you consider to be a good choice may only fit your needs not the needs of your friend. Sometimes its better to get burned and learn by experience that it hurts that to learn by somebody else telling you hey this hurts if you touch it.

My Mom Always told me while I was younger you are not allowed to date any girl before you actually finish your studies and filled my brain with traumatic stories of her co-workers sons who where oppressed by their girlfriends. I dated a girl and got burned in the process. I'm awfully happy I didn't listen to my mom on this.

By the way how do we deal with a girls bulldog army? Do I need to apply every concept of the Art of War by Sun Tzu or do I need to make fun of the most confident and make her friends laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships