Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which man do you prefer?
A man that makes maxiumum money, but travels a lot and works 100+ hours with max stress 5 17.24%
Makes less money, but works 40-50 hours and has less stress 21 72.41%
I prefer to be the breadwinner or I'm a man 0 0%
I have taken a vow of poverty...this is offensive to me 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 07:22 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times

Advertisements

There is a similar thread on here, but it is fatally flawed. The question does have me interested in something, though.

The setup:
2 men have cloned themself. They both have equal passion for their jobs. The only difference lies in compensation, and how much time they put into it.

Which one would you prefer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 07:34 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
I would chose either of those men. I mean THEY CLONED THEMSELVES! They must be geniuses!!!!

Old 07-18-2010, 07:37 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I would chose either of those men. I mean THEY CLONED THEMSELVES! They must be geniuses!!!!
Have you ever seen Multiplicity? If the clone clones himself, then you will have a guy that puts pizza in his wallet. Not good, Steve.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:39 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Have you ever seen Multiplicity? If the clone clones himself, then you will have a guy that puts pizza in his wallet. Not good, Steve.
You are killing me this morning with all the movies I haven't seen!!!

On a more serious note, give me a man who works less hours and has time to spend with me but still makes a decent living over a rich overworked dude any day!

Old 07-18-2010, 07:46 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Hmm... being a guy and thus a poll addressed to the gals concerning employment status of who they would prefer, does not apply. (I note the guy answer in your poll).

I will instead state what I prefer in a gal.

Money!!!

Intelligence and fair looks are helpful but not required. Education level and/or relationship status are meaningless to me if you are rich. I do not know what it is, but Wealthy women get the old libido up. Now most guys worry about looks and other foolish things like professional status. Heck I do not care if the gal made her fortune by gun running and being the founding Madam of "Slores are Us" (the highly succesful franchise with HOP's located in most metropolitan areas). So long as shes got the money honey, I got the time.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:01 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
As a teacher, I know I should have checked the last one. I swear people think we took a vow of poverty and get offensive when we talk about low paying teaching jobs, lol.

I chose #2. Money doesn't replace a partner in your life. I have a step son who makes good money, travels a lot and rarely sees his kids. They are growing up without a male role model. On the bright side, it's still like they're dating because they see each other so infrequently.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:40 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Less money, fewer hours. If there's one thing I learned living in the D.C. area for 20+ years, it's that wealthy workaholics make lousy partners.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:45 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Someone who makes a lot less money but has more time to spend with me. Hubby chose early in his career to go for the public sector where the pay is much lower ( he could earn at least twice or three times what he does in the private sector) but where he has more vacation and is less stressed generally speaking.

Which means we have a lot of time together , have wonderful long holidays and week-ends away etc... and he is happier . A happy husband makes for a happy wife and happy marriage IMO.

We live in a small Edwardian cottage which suits us fine, and live a comfortable middle class life. We go out to eat twice a week, same with movies and go to the theatre/concert/opera about once a week usually.

What would be the point of him earning lots of money if he had no time to spend it.... Money is nice, it certainly helps make life easier and more comfortable but it's not as important as his time and company to me. We have enough not to worry too much about stuff and that's fine with me.

I always wanted a partner in life not a provider and CEO. It is him I want to be with not his money.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:49 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
As a teacher, I know I should have checked the last one. I swear people think we took a vow of poverty and get offensive when we talk about low paying teaching jobs, lol.

I chose #2. Money doesn't replace a partner in your life. I have a step son who makes good money, travels a lot and rarely sees his kids. They are growing up without a male role model. On the bright side, it's still like they're dating because they see each other so infrequently.
Ms. Ivory, that statement had me giggling. I'm guessing you didn't mean it this way, but I saw it as another way of saying "familiarity breeds contempt."

"Yeah. It's like he's still a new boyfriend, instead of the same ol' boring same ol'."

Old 07-18-2010, 11:14 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
i dont want to live with someone who is working 100 a week and is so stressed. i mean where is the together time? it's not worth it to me to have all the luxuries in the world and no one to truly share it with. i would rather be poor--which i am LOL
but of the selections, i chose the second one. i dont WANT to be poor, but i dont want a workaholic either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships