Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:37 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times

Advertisements

She doesn't look like a potential anything.

Hint: "I'm really busy" and "I like being alone and doing my own thing" mean: "I'm really busy" and "I like being alone and doing my own thing."

It's really not that cryptic or hard to understand. But go ahead, pursue her as a "potential friend with benefits." If you need her to say, "GO AWAY, I DON'T LIKE YOU," I'm sure she will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 12:57 PM

263 posts, read 757,714 times
I didn't add that she is always on the go, contantly out of town at the beach almost every weekend and contantly partying with friends and golfing when she's not at the beach. She never signs-in to any the dating site either (maybe once every 2 weeks) and I know she's a payed premium member. So I really dont see her actively looking for someone right now. When I asked her at one time how the site was working out for her she said that she knows she has emails from members but doesn't log on that much to check them. I just thought maybe she can't get into the online thing, but I wonder if anything works for her?/!!,,lol

Old 07-22-2010, 07:04 PM

525 posts, read 948,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
This girl that I knew online for a few years contacted me out-of-the-blue on Match and sent me a wink and message saying: "What the hell, she needs to get back into the dating scene". I replied back saying I would like to meet for lunch, coffee whatever. She never replied back to that specific response. Was I too quick maybe? I ended up meeting her in person for the first time (not as a date) though about 4 months later. I offered her some camping equipment that was left to me so we met so I could give it to her. As I was going to leave she gave me a peck/pop type kiss on the lips. Being that I'm interested in her I gave her the same type of kiss back and then after she directed me back to the highway, she gave me another peck/pop kiss. We've spoken on the phone a few times since then. I finally came out and said thru a text message "I think you're really attractive and I would like to get to know you better and that I'm never that forward" she replied back: "life is short, always say what's on your mind. Thank you, but at this time with me I'm really busy, enjoying myself and not ready quite yet. I like being alone and doing my own thing!"

Would you take that as flat out not interested or is it just maybe the timing really isn't good for her right now?

Flat out not interested AND out of line with the kisses! Makes me wonder why my post about teases was removed. I never said it was ALL girls. But hey, there you go.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:07 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

Hint: "I'm really busy" and "I like being alone and doing my own thing" mean: "I'm really busy" and "I like being alone and doing my own thing."

It's really not that cryptic or hard to understand. But go ahead, pursue her as a "potential friend with benefits." If you need her to say, "GO AWAY, I DON'T LIKE YOU," I'm sure she will.
Exactly.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Op it seems rather weird and strange.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

but it is cryptic for her to be giving him kisses and spending time with him on the phone..

Old 07-22-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Op it seems rather weird and strange.

Ha! now that made me laugh!! repped ya for that!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
but it is cryptic for her to be giving him kisses and spending time with him on the phone..
She was testing herself, that she still got it, and can get it, but doesn't want it.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
She was testing herself, that she still got it, and can get it, but doesn't want it.
spoken like a true player... testing herself? pleeeeez

Old 07-22-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
spoken like a true player... testing herself? pleeeeez
No I am not, but I believe that's what she was doing. I think it was awful to confuse a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships