Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:59 AM

46 posts, read 74,515 times

Advertisements

I previously posted a couple of threads regarding the situation with my wife. How she left me for the 5th time, and had been having an affair for almost a year. This time I let her go and have made it clear that she can not come back.

So can someone tell me why, she insists on trying to keep the line of communication open between us. I have made it clear that she has choosen her path, and its over. She left me for someone else, and she can not accept that I am moving on.

So why wont she just leave me alone? I dont care if she loves me, loving me didnt mean s*** when she had me. So why cant she let me go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 12:11 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYSEXYCOOL View Post
I previously posted a couple of threads regarding the situation with my wife. How she left me for the 5th time, and had been having an affair for almost a year. This time I let her go and have made it clear that she can not come back.

So can someone tell me why, she insists on trying to keep the line of communication open between us. I have made it clear that she has choosen her path, and its over. She left me for someone else, and she can not accept that I am moving on.

So why wont she just leave me alone? I dont care if she loves me, loving me didnt mean s*** when she had me. So why cant she let me go?

Because you allow her. You have stated that this is the FIFTH time ya'll have broken up? C'mon. Do you really want it to be over?? I think you like that she keeps coming back. If you want it to truly be over then make it so. Don't answer her calls, don't respond to emails, don't let her step foot in the door. It's not impossible to end a relationship unless you don't truly want it ended.

Good luck.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:13 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
If she refuses to leave you alone, I suggest you cut all ties with her. Change your number, e-mail, etc. If she shows up at your door, tell her she's trespassing and you'll call the cops to have her physically removed. (I'm suggesting based on the assumption you don't have kids? If you do, that's a toughie.)

Old 08-05-2010, 12:15 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
You just asked this a few days ago in another thread. You've asked this over and again, no wonder she left you 5 times. Go start a blog if you aren't looking for constructive advice, because you've received plenty in your other threads but it's not sinking in. The same way her leaving you 5 times hasn't sunk in that she doesn't love or respect you.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:19 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:

She wants to keep the line of communication open with you because you're her backup plan. If things don't work out with the new guy, she knows that she's kept you buttered up to fall back on. Don't be her bailout plan.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM

936 posts, read 2,060,440 times
Quote:

Because when you say it's over, she doesn't believe you.

In fairness to her, you did take her back four times before. So she kinda has evidence that you don't really mean "it's over" when you say "it's over". You two have developed a habit: you break up, she manipulates you, you take her back...lather, rinse, repeat. She's learned--or, not to put too fine a point on it, you've taught her--that you don't really mean what you say. And just like little children step up their tantrums when their parents learn to resist, your soon-to-be-ex-wife is stepping up her manipulation to get you to buckle.

So exactly where is the mystery here?

It's going to get worse before it gets better. She has not yet begun to twist your cojones; better get a cup.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:34 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You just asked this a few days ago in another thread. You've asked this over and again, no wonder she left you 5 times. Go start a blog if you aren't looking for constructive advice, because you've received plenty in your other threads but it's not sinking in. The same way her leaving you 5 times hasn't sunk in that she doesn't love or respect you.
Helllz yes...

Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 PM

I have not emailed, called, text, messaged on facebook, called her job, or even come in contact with her in 2 weeks. I have no desire to hear exuces, yes I alloweed her to come back 4 other times. But I also made a promise to myself when she came back the last time, that if she left she could never come back. I dont care if God himself came down and told me to let her in, she has no access. I gave her everything out of our house that belonged to her. So I have done nothing to give her any reason to think that we have a future together, because we dont.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:45 PM

I have never told her it was over. I have always begged her to come back, now I dont want her back. Enough is enough.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:50 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,524,876 times
You allowed her (and even begged her) to come back. She thinks she owns you and now that you said enough is enough, she's trying to keep control. It's a power thing. It's only her ego acting out. She doesn't want to be the one who gets dumped. We all do that, to a different levels. She'll quickly lose interest once she gets over her ego.

You're doing the right thing by putting an end to this before she wrecks your self-esteem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships