Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 05:37 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

Your life is perfect and you know everyone yet you don't find quality dating partners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Wow, just wow

I have a job where 90% of my co-workers are men. I belong to a running club. I'm on a few different dating websites. I volunteer. I travel (37 countries and counting) and generally meet dozens of new people on each trip. I have a wide circle of friends. Oh, and I post on C-D. None of these things has landed me with dozens of dates. shyyt happens!

My life is great. I am not needy and I am also not ugly (for those who are wondering). However, I'm sorry Ron, but I am not going to date every guy who asks me out (usually from the dating sites). I get contacted by some of the strangest people, and just because they're breathing and have a penis doesn't automatically make them suitable dates. I have standards. By "standards" I don't mean I have some ridiculous list of criteria, but I want someone I find attractive and who I can carry on a conversation with. Someone who approaches me by saying "How U Doin, wanna ****?" doesn't qualify
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 05:38 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
My point is stop making things so darn complex and difficult. Just have fun.

So of you lead very boring lives and may not even have any friends outside of the nuts of this forum.

Don't be such an island. Don't look so needy. That's a vibe people can pick up on.

Have fun and enjoy dating don't make it a job.
Ron
Are all these written on little post-it notes, stuck to your bathroom mirror?

Old 08-08-2010, 06:24 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Are all these written on little post-it notes, stuck to your bathroom mirror?

Old 08-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times
i skydive through rings of fire while pirates riding sharks are shooting guns at me in the sky. women dig. you guys should try it

Old 08-08-2010, 07:11 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
How long is your beef-log?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i skydive through rings of fire while pirates riding sharks are shooting guns at me in the sky. women dig. you guys should try it

Old 08-08-2010, 09:57 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
This is about as genuine, as Barry Bonds telling Little League kids, to not take steroids.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:09 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times
If you want to get a pilot license or set up a marketing business that's fine if you are doing it for yourself. If you are doing it just so that you'll be able to brag about it to people that's not so good. There nothing I can't stand more than a braggart.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:13 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Can you get off my back just once? Please, I'm begging you.
No, I can't. Writing nonsense has its prerequisites - like never mentioning anything about your real life. Unfortunately, you're years past that.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:40 AM

896 posts, read 1,400,370 times
Quote:
Yup,
it's like one big competition...that cannot be fun.

My most exciting dates were when things just happen.....
I can definitely agree with some of the most exciting things just happen. However, most guys are not just trying to become your friend first and you know that too. lol. Lastly, I will admit that I can be uptight and I feel like when you date you are just trying to prove yourself to someone. What kind of job, car, are you interesting...etc. It is not that great and people in Chicago particularity the Northside can be very snobby. Sorry I know that is where you live

Old 08-08-2010, 10:45 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I agree that dating should not be complex, but I disagree that people should be more interesting. A person should be themselves, if this means being boring, so be it. Boring is relative, as is exciting. Everything is subjective. A person who goes out every night and gets wasted may be boring to some.
The thing is that what one finds interesting, another would find boring. If someone is not interested in doing something 'cool' or 'interesting' to expand the number of feathers in their hat, than so be it.

I make friends easily and have many good friends in my life. I also have a good amount of dating possibilities, although I tend to blow most of them off. The thing is that I rarely try to impress anyone. The person you meet in the beginning is the person who I really am. So far, that approach works well.

Quote:

Why are you guys so against being a more interesting person?

I thought that would be a good thing.......hmmm
Being 'interesting' needs to stem from a person's own personality. While most people where many hats, it defeats the purpose of being interesting when all you are doing is being interesting for the sake of being interesting. I mean c'mon, is this reality or a Dos XX commercial?

As an aside, I just watched the old Hitchcock film Rebecca. In this film it is the boring, plain, woman who ends up happily married to the obscenely rich guy, and his ex-wife -a woman whom was witty, smart, and the 'most beautiful person that anyone ever saw' that everyone loved- turned out to be a real b**ch and bore.

Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships