Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:33 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,978,122 times

Advertisements

After having a great time with my fiance yesterday I started thinking how I really wouldn't want to live without him and how hard it would be to do so if/when that time comes. Below is a article about a husband and wife that was in a house fire and the wife couldn't get the husband out so she laid beside him and they died together.

Dallas Cowboys' Jay Ratliff to miss practices after grandparents' tragic death - ESPN Dallas

So how do you feel about possibly living without your husband/wife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 10:41 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
We have 4 kids together so assuming something awful were to happen to him, yes I'd have to continue living. I'd try to raise our children in a manner which would honor him and make him proud.

I'd never remarry though.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:44 AM

109 posts, read 325,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
After having a great time with my fiance yesterday I started thinking how I really wouldn't want to live without him and how hard it would be to do so if/when that time comes. Below is a article about a husband and wife that was in a house fire and the wife couldn't get the husband out so she laid beside him and they died together.

Dallas Cowboys' Jay Ratliff to miss practices after grandparents' tragic death - ESPN Dallas

So how do you feel about possibly living without your husband/wife?

I'm going through that now... the love of my life, my one and only, my darling died on October 28th after a short battle with pancreatic cancer... we were only together 9 short years and had tons of plans for our future.... I can only take one minute/hour at a time and put one foot in front of the other.... I DON"T want to go on alone.... And for some reason all my friends and family tell me I HAVE to go on alone.... This is the worst time of my life.... and before anyone says, it will get better, I've heard that enough in the past 10 days.... I'm going to be 53 in a month and I keep wondering what's the use of continuing on? Why?

Old 11-07-2010, 10:48 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Unicorn,

I am so, so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your beloved late husband.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:22 AM

Sorry to hear that UNICORN and I won't say anything else as I really don't think there's anything that can be said that can take away your pain.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:28 AM

[quote=justthe6ofus;16562037]We have 4 kids together so assuming something awful were to happen to him, yes I'd have to continue living. I'd try to raise our children in a manner which would honor him and make him proud.

I'd never remarry though.[/quote]

Yea I feel that way too.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:11 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,740 times
I wouldn't remarry either. I'd have to be strong for my daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn1209 View Post
I'm going through that now... the love of my life, my one and only, my darling died on October 28th after a short battle with pancreatic cancer... we were only together 9 short years and had tons of plans for our future.... I can only take one minute/hour at a time and put one foot in front of the other.... I DON"T want to go on alone.... And for some reason all my friends and family tell me I HAVE to go on alone.... This is the worst time of my life.... and before anyone says, it will get better, I've heard that enough in the past 10 days.... I'm going to be 53 in a month and I keep wondering what's the use of continuing on? Why?
I have no words to ease your pain, but do want to express my deapest sympathy for your loss. My thoughts are prayers are w/ you. I'm close to your age. If I were to lose my husband, my daughter would keep me going, but so would the pets that we shared together, especially his dream dog he finally got a couple years ago.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:04 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
continue on Unicorn1209 , your darling would have wanted that.Let the dreams you and your love made move forward..Only time can ease your pain, live your life in honour of your fallen mate.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:33 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn1209 View Post
Oh unicorn, my heart breaks for you!

I say all the time that even if my husband and I are married 50 years it won't be long enough or enough time to enjoy all the things we'd like to together I am SO SORRY your time with your beloved was so short!

You ask "what's the use of continuing on?" - a very natural thing to ask this soon after losing your mate.

I would say, PLEASE, give yourself a little time to get over the shock and grief, this is all so fresh and new your emotions will be all over the place heading toward the depths of despair initially.

It is my sincere hope that given some time you will be able to feel like life is truly worth living again. Please, just take things one hour at a time for now. Hugging you in my heart....

Old 11-15-2010, 10:36 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,648,464 times
I've been with my b/f a little over 5 years now and while I do enjoy spending time with him, if some tragedy happened and he lost his life, I'd still mourn the loss, I'd grieve but I'd get on with life eventually. You have to. You can't just give up on life because your life partner is gone. and yes, if the roles were reversed, I'm sure he'd move on with his life as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships