Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM

645 posts, read 1,451,784 times

Advertisements

My husband is becoming more crazy and ridiculous, he criticizes everything now. Criticizes me everyday. Tells me I need to tone up my arms, thighs and stomach. I work out 4days a week, and he gives me know credit. When I get upset about it he tells i'm being too sensitive and i'm childish. He goes through my phone, but yet I can't go through his. He gets mad at me if I"m laughing on the computer(he says I laugh too loud) which is a lie. He doesn't initiate sex at all. He wasn't like this before we got married, he always wanted sex. He doesn't like that I wear extensions, although this is how I have been wearing my hair now for quite a while because my hair was badly damage. He tells me my feet are rough(but he use to rub my feet, but that stopped), every little thing he complains about. Never compliments me. He was not like before we got married. He have became very mean, I don't know how much longer I can deal with him. I thank God that we do not have any children, because I don't think he would be nice to them.
Any married folks on here who can help me out, or give some advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 04:29 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Yeah. Tell him to mellow out.
Talk to him, and tell him exactly how you really feel. If he acts like he don`t give a damn, then give him the ultimatum. Change his ways, or get out!

Old 08-06-2010, 04:33 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
How long have you been married ? How long did you date prior to marriage ?

Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Yeah. Tell him to mellow out.
Talk to him, and tell him exactly how you really feel. If he acts like he don`t give a damn, then give him the ultimatum. Change his ways, or get out!

I'll amend this post by saying "Change his ways or get the F out."

The only thing I can think of way a man would do this is because he doesn't want to be married and is trying to get you to do the "dirty" work. IDK, I could be wrong, but that seems to be the first thing to pop in my head.

Best of luck to you, No one deserves to be nit picked to death.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:36 PM

645 posts, read 1,451,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll amend this post by saying "Change his ways or get the F out."

The only thing I can think of way a man would do this is because he doesn't want to be married and is trying to get you to do the "dirty" work. IDK, I could be wrong, but that seems to be the first thing to pop in my head.

Best of luck to you, No one deserves to be nit picked to death.
This is what I'm thinking as well, is that he doesn't want to be married anymore

Old 08-06-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
This is what I'm thinking as well, is that he doesn't want to be married anymore

Then talk to him...seriously talk to him, because Chow is right. Noone should be, or wants to be treated like this..

Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
I would recommend a book by Michele Weiner-Davis: Divorce Busting.

The gist of this book (or any book on the subject that makes sense) is: change your ACTIONS! Whatever you're doing obviously isn't working. Change it! Change it 180 degrees. It already is bad enough, isn't it? It can't get worse, but it just might get better. Solving problems with men by talking is for the birds. Granted, the therapists build mansions out of it, but you're not one of them.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

The gist of this book (or any book on the subject that makes sense) is: change your ACTIONS! Whatever you're doing obviously isn't working. Change it! Change it 180 degrees. It already is bad enough, isn't it? It can't get worse, but it just might get better. Solving problems with men by talking is for the birds. Granted, the therapists build mansions out of it, but you're not one of them.
I totally agree about changing her actions or better stated her REACTION.

OP, you didn't mention when he started acting this way, but he's getting under your skin and he's getting some kick out of it. I don't want to justify his jerky behavior, but if this has started somewhat recently, I would think that something's up with him (depressed, threatened, unhappy), who knows.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Yep. Go read a book to help you out of your major marriage problems, instead of directly communicating with him? Not!!

Communication is the *key* to any happy marriage. Good luck!!

Old 08-06-2010, 08:26 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,380,345 times
If you want me to be blunt, I will: It sounds like your husband is either in love with someone else or is having an affair. I went through the same thing with my ex-H--the constant criticism, no sex (for an entire year once), etc. He was also a white-collar drug addict, so I wrote it off to his addiction. But I was wrong, entirely wrong.

Don't fall into the trap of perpetual self-improvement. Make yourself better for YOU, never another person. If he's this critical, once you fix one thing, it'll be something else. You could get an entire physical overhaul, and he'd be picking at you for the way you pronounce the word "yellow" or some b.s. thing like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships