Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 02:01 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,620,342 times

Advertisements

How about MW (short for meat wagon)? For both men and women alike as long as there's a certain look of being in proportion you can still be considered overweight but also look pretty good. Men tend to gain weight around the stomach of course so if it gets too big not only is it unattractive, it's also very unhealthy. I don't know why I see so many guys where I live wear ridiculous clothing that makes it look even worse. I've seen quite a few guys in public who wear those bib overalls like Junior Samples used to wear on Hee Haw. I can't imagine that too many of them have girlfriends.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 02:02 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
What's The Male Equivalent of BBW?
You know, now that I think about it, I remember what a lot of our resident BBW wrote in threads about what types of guys they like/prefer. We all know that 98% of the time they can only get big dudes, and that they usually are too nice to say "fat guy" or "beer bellied dude", so they call call their big/fat guys:

"Manly Man"
"Strong Hands man"
"Barrel chested man"
"Brawny type guy"
"Warm smile guy" - this is where they purposefully say nothing about the guy's fatness.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:29 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
They are called Chubs or Bears ....

Old 08-15-2010, 03:39 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Women often describe themselves as BBW. Of course, that means a heavy gal, anywhere from say, 20 lbs overweight to super duper morbidly 3 steps from the ER obese.

What would be the male equivalent that would impress a woman? BBD (Big Bodacious Dude)? How about BGG (Big Gut Guy)? Maybe throw some numbers into the mix? How does 3CC (3 Chin Chap) sound?

You could also add descriptive phrases like "Ladies, wouldn't you love to be enveloped in my folds?" Also, "I couldn't fit into the Grand Canyon so you know there's more of me to love."

On the other hand, women are mostly impressed by financial status so let's try a different approach here. The key is to make a negative seem like a positive the way women do with their BBW description.

How's this for size? ZDD (Zero Dinero Dude)? Maybe an acronym? I'm a DANCE, (Desperate And Needing Cash Eternally). Your tagline could be "Ladies, don't worry about loving me because of my money because I have none." Or 'The purest love is the poorest love." Or "Poor men are the hungest".

Any other suggestions? Please don't make me do all the work!
You heard the Antlered Chamataka coin this one folks.

I christen it the BMW series.

Big Male Walrus

Old 08-15-2010, 04:28 PM

http://www.celsias.com/media/uploads...guy_in_car.jpg

Old 08-15-2010, 04:41 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
Wink lol :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
This is WHO you are really talking to on the dating site : lol !

Old 08-15-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
This is WHO you are really talking to on the dating site : lol !
Might be the one who wants to be Melissa's boyfriend

Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
There isnt one because big fat dudes dont need some catchy acronym or word to help them feel better about themselves. They are fat and accept their fatness. They just call themselves FAT or Big Beer Belly dude.
I prefer "King."

Old 08-15-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
BBW, I guess usually that's just a desperate defense mechanism. Maybe it is an illusion that keeps ugly fat women from hating themselves and heading for the next railroad bridge
But there are a few beautiful big women, maybe 5% of them. Jill Scott is kind of cute, Vesta Williams, too. A lot depends on the face, even more so than with normal people.
You can talk about fitness, mobility, athleticism, but there is no correlation between weight and beauty. Some fat women are gorgeous, some cute, some average, some ugly. Just the same as thin women.

Quote:
Is there a connection between BBQ and BBW?
That I would say yes to.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You know, now that I think about it, I remember what a lot of our resident BBW wrote in threads about what types of guys they like/prefer. We all know that 98% of the time they can only get big dudes, and that they usually are too nice to say "fat guy" or "beer bellied dude", so they call call their big/fat guys:

"Manly Man"
"Strong Hands man"
"Barrel chested man"
"Brawny type guy"
"Warm smile guy" - this is where they purposefully say nothing about the guy's fatness.

One of the funniest things I often see when I look at online ads are women who are often morbidly obese who insist that they can't stand fat men. I always send them notes telling them that I hope they look forward to being alone the rest of their lives............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships