Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 12:24 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,031,991 times

Advertisements

I have a so called friend who has some relatives that live about 3 hours away. They dont pay rent & utilities & they live with some generous lady most of the time in her house. They go to my friends house every weekend & stay anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. They sometimes buy food but its mostly for them.

My friend needs to grow a pair cause what they do is call him when they are in the area & ask to come over & he says sure. He says its family & i wont say no (he rarely says no to them).
They are on welfare & food stamps & dont work at all. Next week one of his relatives is bringing her bf & her bfs sister with her. They run the ac, eat & watch tv all day. These people are classic freeloaders.

It would NEVER happen at my home relatives or not. We have a pool & pool table here & they once hinted to my friend about visiting me & using them. I told my friend "NO WAY"!. SO....any freeloader stories ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 02:33 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
WOW!! Your friend really does need to grow a pair!! He needs to ask them "how long are you staying? If it's more than 3 days, I expect rent!" What a bunch of losers.

Or he could make an excuse every time they call and say he is out of town or has other visitors.

Or he could say "My house is quaranteed--bad case of lice!" LMAO--that will make them run for the hills!

Old 08-15-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
WOW!! Your friend really does need to grow a pair!! He needs to ask them "how long are you staying? If it's more than 3 days, I expect rent!" What a bunch of losers.

Or he could make an excuse every time they call and say he is out of town or has other visitors.

Or he could say "My house is quaranteed--bad case of lice!" LMAO--that will make them run for the hills!
He wont say no to them & charge rent or anything to family & if we say anything to him about them he gets all defensive. Hes leaving on a short trip next weekend & they asked if they could hang at his place. He said ok. Their are basically 5 of them (2 adults/3 kids) but next weekend the freeloading # will go to 7 people total.

Another friend of mine shares the house with him & shes going nuts with these losers. Its never ending now & his niece & obese teen kid may ask to move in. He has a 3 bedroom house. They start their day @ 7am (the freeloaders) & go to bed around midnight or so. The ac is on all day & his electric bill is quite high but he pays it & dont ask them for any money even though they get more then i thought.

The nieces teen son has a disability & gets around 1600.00 month plus she gets alot of foodstamps. The sister of this guy has 3 kids & gets the whole kit & kaboodle. Its unbelievable. They can work but wont. Lets not forget the high water bill plus they (niece & sis) smoke alot. His brother wants to move in now as well as his baby sister.

This is one family im glad i have nothing to do with cause they would be a knocking on my door & i would turn the water hose on them. Freeloaders are pathetic people. Last month the obese kid was riding my friends sons scooter (his son moved out yrs ago & married) & he fell down & broke it. The scooter was never replaced. I would NEVER loan out anything to anyone....PERIOD!

Old 08-15-2010, 08:04 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
^^^^I'm afraid there are a lot of assumptions in that description without knowing the reasons or circumstances. We really can't judge others we have no relationship with.

Now, my own brother used to show up at my house right around dinner time 4 times a week. Don't think I wasn't on to that.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I have a so called friend who has some relatives that live about 3 hours away. They dont pay rent & utilities & they live with some generous lady most of the time in her house. They go to my friends house every weekend & stay anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. They sometimes buy food but its mostly for them.

My friend needs to grow a pair cause what they do is call him when they are in the area & ask to come over & he says sure. He says its family & i wont say no (he rarely says no to them).
They are on welfare & food stamps & dont work at all. Next week one of his relatives is bringing her bf & her bfs sister with her. They run the ac, eat & watch tv all day. These people are classic freeloaders.

It would NEVER happen at my home relatives or not. We have a pool & pool table here & they once hinted to my friend about visiting me & using them. I told my friend "NO WAY"!. SO....any freeloader stories ?
Well he must not mind - so why should you? That's what you get when you associate with welfare type freeloaders. They've most likely always been handed everything and life is just a piece of cake for them. They're not going to change now. No one has ever told them no or expected anything out of them, that's why they're living the way they do and living it up on their welfare checks.

As for his roommate - she should pack up and leave the moment she sees these bums moving in.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
^^^^I'm afraid there are a lot of assumptions in that description without knowing the reasons or circumstances. We really can't judge others we have no relationship with.
Their are no assumptions. The freeloaders have never had to work for a living thanks to public assistance, etc. They have no home to call their own even though they can afford it. I guess the people who let them stay in their houses like the company. They dont really clean up after themselves in the kitchen & bathroom. I did once tell my so called friend "better you then me". He didnt say anything.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:24 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Well, I think its up to the "So called friend" to stand up and tell his relatives that he has had enough.
But yeah....Freeloaders are just that. Freeloaders.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
My sister in law is a HUGE freeloader, even though she and her husband make very good money...when her parents go out of town, she will go to her parents house and take all of the food from the refrigerator...ALL OF IT!

A few years back my SIL and BIL wanted to sell their house but he would not let her look for a house until they sold theirs...well, their house sold and lo and behold my SIL just couldn't find another house that was suitable for her, so they moved in with her parents...my SIL, BIL, and their 3 children under the age of 6 moved in with her parents. Nice, huh? Lived there for about 20 months and only mowed the lawn 4-5 times....

I could go on and on...this is going to be a funny thread! Can't wait to read the stories!

Last edited by mrstewart; 08-15-2010 at 04:22 PM..

Old 08-15-2010, 04:21 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
OK...I`ll come clean. My youngest sister lives across the street from my mom.
Well, when I was up there visiting here several weeks ago, I had went to the grocery store and did some shopping for mom, since she had gallbladder surgery. She needed to watch her diet, so I bought her some low fat foods, and chicken noodle soup was one item.
Well, my sister was making something that she needed chicken broth for...and she called to ask if they had any? Mom said, "no, but she had a can of chicken noodle soup that she could have, and use the broth out of it. Uh, I said.."Mom...I bought that soup for you."
Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Old 08-15-2010, 04:39 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,955 times
I think freeloaders should received some kind of grace if they are in a tough situation or some kind of situation. Usually people who are hospitable or generous don't mind it at all. I would say something if I know that these friends of mine, for example, are taking advantage of some lady who is freaken generous and they're not doing anything about their situation. Otherwise, I could careless if the situation was slowly being taken care of or is already taken care of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships