Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 05:59 PM

112 posts, read 569,326 times

Advertisements

Chivalry is not dead it is just on life support.

OR

Chivalry is dead and women killed it.

Which is true? Beats me.

Regarding #1, I present women rather than introduce them. And, I maneuver to walk on the outside when on a sidewalk. And, I stand when a lady enters or exits a room or leaves and returns to a table. Every female reading this-- and indeed alive in a First World country-- knows of what I speak. Yet... why do women not DEMAND this behavior from the men in their lives?

Regarding #2, I cannot count the number of incredibly rude reactions endured while holding doors open for women. Total strangers, it was just situationally the thing to do.

Sure wish I knew the answers. Heck, I hardly know the questions.

But for the OP: I gather that total abstinence is non-negotiable in your "relationships." That could be a place to explore. Ever wonder why strip clubs are so popular? (I have worked in more than one, at least two exceptionally classy.) Dancers are, by and large, not exceptional physical specimens. They are, however, experts in one thing: they feed the male fantasy world. How they dress, walk, smell, their (LONG) hair, toned bodies. But I noticed (could be wrong) that the top earners were generally not the hottest babes in the clubs. One in fact paid the DJs to keep her out of the lineup--meant she never had to go on stage. Where she would die since she was... well, to say more would be mean.

But that lady was always giving lap dances (@ 20$/ea). Even when the room was dead, deserted, maybe two tables... she would be dancing at one. I spoke to her a few times, never made an attempt at "becoming friends," but... she had a way of getting inside men's heads. And she gave them what they were willing to pay for.

So it is not all looks. As I put it (rather crassly): Tit dancing is not about body. It is about attitude. I have never had a professional dancer challenge that.

My $0.02.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 10:30 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
You must be one crazy ass attention seeker. To ask a question like this shows to me you are very full of yourself. Is that what you feel guilty about in your relationship?

Old 01-21-2008, 03:30 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
You only like tall men? Maybe that is part of the problem, you really shouldn't judge a guy based on something he can't control. Also, many women love tall men so these tall guys have an endless supply of booty to beat. Try dating someone who isn't considered normal to you.
She didn't say she *only* likes tall men.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:49 AM

48 posts, read 151,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
that doesnt mean anything

they could be faking it. i have a friend thats been married for 20+ years, and everyone thinks she and her hubby are a great couple, and she cant stand him. but she feels obligated to stay married. and they havent had sex in over ten years now!!!
The difference between my friends and this couple, (or the dog, Freddy) is that they are not stuck! They are not married, he can walk out any time he pleases, and he's a confident self assured individual, so he would. Thing is he loves her.

In the 8 years they have had a break, which lasted about a month, but they both realised that they wanted to be together again. They just got tired of eachother, everything got monotonmous, they breaked and it gave them the boast to re-kindle. No body feels obligated to do anything.

I can't believe you lot are so skeptical!

And even if you are skeptical.... the bottom line is, he wouldn't be with her if he didnt love her. I mean would you be with someone you didnt love for 8 years with no sex?

I get the feeling you wouldn't....!

Old 01-22-2008, 05:17 AM

64 posts, read 333,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2575 View Post
Okay so here is the deal. All guys say that they want a nice pretty girl. Well let me tell you a little about myself and then all you guys out there can give me some advice. I am tall about 5'10 slendor and toned and I'm not trying to be stuck up but I'm trying to paint you a full picture...I have long blonde hair and hazel eyes I'm attractive. I am very independent and successful. I am a Christian I go to church every sunday and attend various bible studies during the week. I love to go to the beach and I love to play sports and watch sports. I also enjoy surfing and well I guess just about anything outside. So anyways everytime I meet guys they always lie and cheat on me and I don't understand why. I am very kind and generous and take pride in being kind to the people that are around me. I was with a guy for about two years and I loved him very much and I thought that he loved me but he cheated on me a few times. He cheated on me with really nasty women and when I found out and asked him why he couldnt give me a reason. So pretty much every guy that I have ever dated has done me wrong. Is it because I won't sleep with men??? What am I doing wrong? Please help
Guys do like nice pretty girls. If you were with a guy for two years and loved him then why wouldn't you sleep with him? I don't think being a Christian has anything to do with that. I don't think most guys would wait that long. I'm assuming you are at least 17
Remember rule #34

[SIZE=2]34. God loves you because of who God is,
> not because of anything you did or didn't do.
[/SIZE]

Old 01-22-2008, 07:17 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,463,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass-Stained Feet View Post
The difference between my friends and this couple, (or the dog, Freddy) is that they are not stuck! They are not married, he can walk out any time he pleases, and he's a confident self assured individual, so he would. Thing is he loves her.

In the 8 years they have had a break, which lasted about a month, but they both realised that they wanted to be together again. They just got tired of eachother, everything got monotonmous, they breaked and it gave them the boast to re-kindle. No body feels obligated to do anything.

I can't believe you lot are so skeptical!

And even if you are skeptical.... the bottom line is, he wouldn't be with her if he didnt love her. I mean would you be with someone you didnt love for 8 years with no sex?

I get the feeling you wouldn't....!
umm, no matter how much i loved someone, after a few months of no sex, I would be thinkings its time to move on.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
umm, no matter how much i loved someone, after a few months of no sex, I would be thinkings its time to move on.
Which is why the girl (as I originally posted) is probably better off finding someone with the same outlook as her.

Each to their own, isn't it really.

The dude above is quoting about God to demonstate that it is ok to have sex....I'm not a believer, if there is a God I'm pretty sure he'd want us to have respect for other people choices, if she choses not to have sex then that is her choice, if you chose to do so then that is your choice.

I personally wouldn't love someone who didn't believe in sex before marriage/after years of knowing someone, because we'd just be too different people. But I see no reason to try and enforce that on anyone else.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:40 AM

Also I'd be *******ed cuz I don't believe in marriage

well not in a church anyway.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:43 AM

320 posts, read 954,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydawg View Post
Guys do like nice pretty girls. If you were with a guy for two years and loved him then why wouldn't you sleep with him? I don't think being a Christian has anything to do with that. I don't think most guys would wait that long. I'm assuming you are at least 17
Remember rule #34

[SIZE=2]34. God loves you because of who God is,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]> not because of anything you did or didn't do.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
IT has EVERYTHING to do with being a christian, just because you lowered your standards does not mean she has to. Go to the religion forum and read the "lets talk about sex" topic in the christianity section...you will find some answers there. She just lives by different morals then you and i highly respect her for them...i TOO follow her morals... I DON'T believe in sex before marriage....and its possible to accomplish ...you learn self control by GOd's help
but like the above poster said...to each his own

Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
no everybody is looking for a nice girl/guy.
dating one however gets your family off your back and makes you "look good".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships