Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:26 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,284,539 times

Advertisements

Pop Star Nadja Benaissa Convicted of Spreading HIV | Celebrity-gossip.net

I know that a lot of guys in here are delusional to think that you can't get aids as a male or are highly unlikely. Apparently by this POS's words that is what her doctor told her too.

"Nadja said, “I am sorry from the heart.” She also explained that she didn’t tell anyone about her illness for fear of tainting her pop group’s reputation and harming her daughter."

Yeh right. SOOO sorry.
This woman makes me sick!
If it happens and you don't know you are sick that is bad enough. But to just date like that is so crappy. I also thought it was a great example of how people with AIDS can look healthy. I know a lot of people seem to think you can tell if someone is sick.

What do you think? For some reason I think this is worse coming from a female because well... isn't there suppose to be some sort of mothering vibe always on or something ?

Think twice before you go ooooh no raincoat, thats nice!

If I ever have to date again...I think I am going nun.

Do you guys think of this possible problem when you date and go to that level or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 09:07 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,599 times
I'm not gonna defend this woman because obviously, her behavior was reckless and inconsiderate of others.

However, I'm a bit skeptical about the man who claims she is the source of his own HIV infection. The chances are pretty low for a man to get HIV from vaginal intercourse (around 1 out of 500 Risky Business - The Body). Even for Moderator cut: snip sex between two men, which is the riskiest practice of all, the incidence is still relatively low.

So the one man (out of the three) who contracted the virus is either very unlucky or he was her regular lover.

But I would tend to think that he also had a reckless lifestyle, which is the cause of most HIV infected people. I know a lot of gay men and they tell me that most those who get the virus all have the same profile...heavy drug use combined with regular unprotected group sex with strangers.

All I'm saying is that we don't know the whole story of this guy so I'd be careful before pitying him. Regardless, that woman is still guilty of not informing her partners so it doesn't change anything. Gambling with people's health is disgusting.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-03-2010 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: keep it PG13

Old 09-03-2010, 09:23 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,686,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
I'm not gonna defend this woman because obviously, her behavior was reckless and inconsiderate of others.

However, I'm a bit skeptical about the man who claims she is the source of his own HIV infection. The chances are pretty low for a man to get HIV from vaginal intercourse (around 1 out of 500 Risky Business - The Body). Even for Moderator cut: snip sex between two men, which is the riskiest practice of all, the incidence is still relatively low.

So the one man (out of the three) who contracted the virus is either very unlucky or he was her regular lover.

But I would tend to think that he also had a reckless lifestyle, which is the cause of most HIV infected people. I know a lot of gay men and they tell me that most those who get the virus all have the same profile...heavy drug use combined with regular unprotected group sex with strangers.

All I'm saying is that we don't know the whole story of this guy so I'd be careful before pitying him. Regardless, that woman is still guilty of not informing her partners so it doesn't change anything. Gambling with people's health is disgusting.
I have to agree with you about not pitying the guy. This is the chance you take when you have unprotected casual sex. You are rolling the dice; sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Pitying him makes as much sense as pitying a smoker who has been diagnosed with lung cancer. It's a sad situation, but sometimes risky behavior doesn't pan out.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-03-2010 at 04:18 PM..

Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post

This lie is why people get aids. They think they have to be having group sex with a bunch of junkies. The truth of that is that its people who don't have a healthy body (drugs) so the immune system will let any sickness show sooner.
AIDS can hide in the body for up to a year (been proven) without even testing positive for it. Those types don't exactly go to the doctor for check ups either. Seems people who date don't get check ups either. They don't even bother to test! That is stupid and insane and why its spreading. And they believe that BS that strait guys don't get AIDS. PLEASE.
Its aids, not the flu. But maybe if someone is dumb enough to sleep with people on impulse before testing the deserve to die as they are going to be nothing more than a vector for disease?

Also the number game of the more exposures, the more chance you could get anything. But it only takes ONE chance to infect you.

And its extremely HIGH chance to get aids from Moderator cut: snip sex. That is just a lie.

She was convicted so I am going to assume she did it. She admitted to it and they can type match different strains of AIDS to the carrier.

How Many Strains of the HIV Virus Are There? | eHow.com

Last edited by Keeper; 09-03-2010 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Keep it PG13

Old 09-03-2010, 10:07 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
This lie is why people get aids. They think they have to be having group sex with a bunch of junkies. The truth of that is that its people who don't have a healthy body (drugs) so the immune system will let any sickness show sooner.
AIDS can hide in the body for up to a year (been proven) without even testing positive for it. Those types don't exactly go to the doctor for check ups either. Seems people who date don't get check ups either. They don't even bother to test! That is stupid and insane and why its spreading. And they believe that BS that strait guys don't get AIDS. PLEASE.
Its aids, not the flu. But maybe if someone is dumb enough to sleep with people on impulse before testing the deserve to die as they are going to be nothing more than a vector for disease?

Also the number game of the more exposures, the more chance you could get anything. But it only takes ONE chance to infect you.

And its extremely HIGH chance to get aids from Moderator cut: snip sex. That is just a lie.

She was convicted so I am going to assume she did it. She admitted to it and they can type match different strains of AIDS to the carrier.

How Many Strains of the HIV Virus Are There? | eHow.com
First of all, you don't get AIDS, you contract HIV. AIDS results from HIV.

Second, it certainly is true that HIV hides in the body before becoming active, usually between 2 weeks and 3 months...sometimes up to a year. Which make it even more difficult to pin point when the infection occured.

Third, I never said straight guys don't get HIV. I'm a straigth guy and I get tested all the time even though I'm in a long term relationship. I simply mentionned the documented riskiest practices.

Fourth, I know it only takes one chance, but still, you'd have to be very unlucky to get infected after having sex with a person just once because the chances ARE relatively low. This is documented also. What I'm saying is there's a good chance this man had a risky lifestyle already. Or maybe he was just out of luck. Regardless, it doesn't change the outcome.

Fifth, the chances to get HIV from anal sex are not that high, compared to sharing needles. This is documented...are you gonna provide a link to say this is a lie? But like you said, it only takes one chance to infect you.

Sixth, people don't play russian roulette with this disease because of the small chance of getting the virus. Not a lot of people know that you have a low percentage of getting the virus. In fact, most people wrongly believe (like you do) that you'll get automatically infected if you have sex with an HIV infected person. If HIV infection is resurging recently, it is mostly because of the misconception that it can be treated with tritherapy. Young kids percieve it as "curable" when in fact, even if you keep HIV under control, it remains a very serious and chronic condition. Btw, I'm very well-informed on this disease because of an organism I took part of. I will assume you're not since you refer to it as "getting AIDS". If anything is also helping to spread HIV, it is the contradicting information. When it's written in black and white that you have about 3% (highest figures I found) chance of getting HIV through anal sex and someone like you gets out of nowhere and says this is a lie, you start making up your own information because you don,t know who's saying the truth. There are a lot of myths and urban legends surrounding STD's. They should be explained toroughly in our schools. Just saying put on a condom or die isn't enough. Scare stories don't work with teenagers, factual information does.

Anyway, all I was saying is that this guy shouldn't be pitied because not only didn't he protect himself with this girl, but chances are that he probably lived a risky lifestyle already.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-03-2010 at 04:22 PM..

Old 09-03-2010, 10:30 AM

Talking about AIDS or HIV you know what I am talking about. BOTH = death.

I don't think you will automatically get it. But I am not taking any chances. Don't put words in my mouth.

interesting eh:
" High rates of infection have been linked to a pattern of overlapping long-term sexual relationships. This allows the virus to quickly spread to multiple partners who in turn infect their partners. A pattern of serial monogamy or occasional casual encounters is associated with lower rates of infection"
AIDS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Needle sharing is only a cause of 1/3 of infections in NA. Besides...I think if you are using needles you have a lot of problems. That does not pertain to dating. This does.

I worked at a job where I had to counsel people that did "get aids" and other STDs/STIs. That is what HIV turns into so to argue to call it AIDS or HIV in everyday conversation is not really a point. It only matters really when speaking to your doctor to discuss the disease's phase.

also under misconceptions on wiki:
"Three of the most common are that AIDS can spread through casual contact, that sexual intercourse with a virgin will cure AIDS, and that HIV can infect only homosexual men and drug users. "

Also its a living creature that adapts quickly. The news today could be tomorrow's lie because it learned how to adapt to survive. I don't think anyone deserves aids because of "lifestyle"...well maybe hitler.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:31 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,019,140 times
Let this be a warning to all you horn dogs who constantly defend sleeping around (cheating) as harmless. Imagine if this woman was one of your casual encounters.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:32 AM

Thats what I was thinking!

She is very pretty and "healthy looking" too. I think most think of the face of aids a lot differently.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:35 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,653,894 times
Yet another reason to wear your raincoat men!!! This woman should be charged with attempted murder. Knowing that she was carrying a disease that you DO die from and having unprotected sex and not telling these men she was having sex with is just the same as taking a gun and shooting them. Their lives as they knew them are now over once they get infected. Granted, the disease today is FAR more manageable but still. You are infected and it does change the course of your life and it's not a guarantee that you can be maintained on these drugs. Essentially it's a death sentence and a long death too.

The men shouldn't have had unprotected sex and she shouldn't have been having sex at all knowing her condition. It's "shame on both parties".

Wear protection, period.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:37 AM

You have a "script" that you give them and I really don't give a crap if you believe me or not. The truth IS they both = death. Its just a matter of time. Of course you don't say" get ready to die kids" Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships