Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 05:48 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times

Advertisements

The best way to meet women who like the country is to go live in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 06:12 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
The only country music I listen to is by JR Cash and old school country/Rockabilly. My friends and family are heavily exposed to it when they ride with me in my car.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:21 AM

8,956 posts, read 20,376,989 times
Eleven years ago, I found my lady (now wife) and, unfortunately, it took me many years to find her! Met a some ladies before her, but they were only interested in Country music and dancing......there was more to me than that! I was involved with rodeo when I met my wife, but could also do a good 2-step as well. She loved wearing Western clothes, including her black Resistol hat (of which she looked hot in either a felt or a straw). She loved going to rodeo's with me and our relationship grew and grew from there. And, I met her in Southern California, not in Montana or Wyoming! Now, the real kicker is.......she was born/raised just outside Detroit, Michigan. She was a "Motown girl"! And, she loves boating, fishing and shooting! Pretty cool for a somewhat of a "city slicker"! Me, I grew up on a hog farm in Indiana. No more hog farming for me though; that ended after I graduated from high school.
Some ladies like country music, some don't. With the way country music today has changed from years ago......more rock than country, more ladies like it.
Good Luck........you'll find someone!
By the way, my wife loves wearing a baseball cap and I love it when she wears one. And, she is 62 yrs old!!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:37 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Move to TN.
Im not a big country music fan. I like some of it. My bf and about half the ppl I know are fans tho.

As Stepka said if you want to meet country women, live country. You will meet them at the county co-op, local feed store, horse shows/rodeos, ag extention office, county/bluegrass festivals, etc.

I drive an old pick up, live on 45 acres, take care of horses, goats, chickens, ducks and turkeys, dogs, cats, oh my. Have to drive 7 miles into a small town and nearly 30 miles one way to work each day.
The life is growing on my bf. I am accommodating him somewhat. I have agreed to let him have satellite installed . And we just got a used hot tub and pool .

Old 09-13-2010, 06:37 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
So look for women at the next barn dance instead of a nightclub.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Start going to country concerts. Maybe you'll meet women there.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:25 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
I was born and raised a city gal and I have come to love the country. I enjoy country music, but I can live without it. I'd be happy on a ranch somewhere with my closest neighbor a mile or three away, but I can live in a high rise condo just as comfortably.

Everyone has their preferences and their idea of what success and ambition means. You wouldn't want to be expected to live in the city any more than anyone should be expected to like country music or the country life. Find someone with similar interests, it's that simple.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:28 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I come across this problem all the time, I am a huge country music fan, when I mean huge, I mean, it is something I could never live without. Even here in Iowa, which is an agricultural state, you will find those types who do not like or hate country music, sometimes, women get turned off when you start talking about country music or country things.

Also, when I tell some women that I will never drive anything but a pick up, that eventually I want to live on 10-15 acres and live in the country, it seems like they think it is bad or like I am a person with no "ambition". Actually, I just happen to be a person who is not materialistic and I enjoy the simple things in life like being in the country, being in contact with nature, could care less about cars, huge mansions, material crap, I like the simple life and I don't see what is bad about that, oh well
I live in dc, and I think of myself of somewhat successful and I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC

Old 09-13-2010, 09:46 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,947,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I come across this problem all the time, I am a huge country music fan, when I mean huge, I mean, it is something I could never live without. Even here in Iowa, which is an agricultural state, you will find those types who do not like or hate country music, sometimes, women get turned off when you start talking about country music or country things.

Also, when I tell some women that I will never drive anything but a pick up, that eventually I want to live on 10-15 acres and live in the country, it seems like they think it is bad or like I am a person with no "ambition". Actually, I just happen to be a person who is not materialistic and I enjoy the simple things in life like being in the country, being in contact with nature, could care less about cars, huge mansions, material crap, I like the simple life and I don't see what is bad about that, oh well
You know, you could rewrite these paragraphs about ANY passion a person has. For me, it would read something like,

Quote:
I come across this problem all the time, I am a huge animal lover, when I mean huge, I mean, I could never live without a dog or two or three in the house. Even here in Northern Virginia, which is a dog-lover mecca, you will find those types who do not like or hate pets, sometimes, men get turned off when you start talking about dog training or taking your dog to the park.
So what? Not everyone HAS to like dogs (though I think the ones who don't are crazy ). The moral of the story is, you have to seek out people who share your same interests. I joined a dog therapy volunteer group who I go visit nursing homes with, train my dog in agility classes during the week, and hang out at the dog park on weekends. You just need to find the country-equivalent

Old 09-13-2010, 09:48 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Country music and country living may be part of your identity, but they are not part of everyone's, nor should they be. I can tolerate some country music, and enjoy living in the country, but certainly like easy access to the cultural and social offerings of a city.

No doubt you would get turned off by women who start talking about jazz or classical music, and city things like theatre and art museums. Many such women aren't interested in material things, either, but do enjoy the fruits of civlization (and many also enjoy contact with nature, even if they don't get that daily).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships