Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,018,602 times

Advertisements

Now ladies, play nice... and in this tub of oil...

Old 09-17-2010, 12:08 PM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Now ladies, play nice... and in this tub of oil...
Chocolate syrup, much nicer to clean up afterward.

Urb, I'm glad there are no Perv's hanging around here. They made us normal guys look bad.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Chocolate syrup, much nicer to clean up afterward.

Urb, I'm glad there are no Perv's hanging around here. They made us normal guys look bad.

Years ago a pretty young thing who was most perkily noticeable was walking past me at a theater, accompanied by her young boyfriend. She was not so much skimpily clad as scantily, leaving precisely NOTHING to the imagination. She may as well have been wearing a thong and pasties.

Of course I looked. Everyone was looking, I just happened to be closer.

As she walked past me she loudly said "Pervert...!"

Seriously, I have to wonder what's causing this all-too-common birth defect, so that oxygen never quite seems to reach any higher than the mouth.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:26 PM

I've wanted to start a thread about male reduction surgery. It's been a burden all these years that women never look me in the eyes when we talk.

Even church moms turn "Purvy" and ask if they can take a look.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:29 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,689,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I guess I’m surprised that it came down to her choice of clothing when it’s obvious that it’s more complicated then that. A woman can dress revealing and still attract quality men regardless of how much cleavage she is showing. Concentrating on her choice of clothing is misleading when there is a bigger issue at hand (like insecurity). Quite honestly it matters very little whether or not advice is solicited or not. It just shows that subconsciously we all judge people based on the way they dress, just often keep our mouth shut not to appear judgemental.[
MM, I hate to point out the obvious, but our choice of clothing certainly says something about how we want to be perceived. When we put on an outfit, the way we look represents what we want other people to see -- and depending on what kind of outfit it is, certain reactions are predictable. It is therefore disingenuous to display one's cleavage to be seen, then complain that people are looking at it. Perhaps it's judgmental of me to say this -- but just because it's "judgment" doesn't mean it isn't accurate.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Seriously, I have to wonder what's causing this all-too-common birth defect, so that oxygen never quite seems to reach any higher than the mouth.
I suppose exceedingly tight clothing has the potential to cut off circulation.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
MM, I hate to point out the obvious, but our choice of clothing certainly says something about how we want to be perceived. When we put on an outfit, the way we look represents what we want other people to see -- and depending on what kind of outfit it is, certain reactions are predictable. It is therefore disingenuous to display one's cleavage to be seen, then complain that people are looking at it. Perhaps it's judgmental of me to say this -- but just because it's "judgment" doesn't mean it isn't accurate.

It IS judgmental, Redisca -- but that doesn't mean you shouldn't say it. More people need to remember that "judgment" is what keeps us from turning into pudding-heads rather than some uber-liberal "bad word".

Old 09-17-2010, 12:33 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,563,354 times
Quote:
I've wanted to start a thread about male reduction surgery. It's been a burden all these years that women never look me in the eyes when we talk.

Even church moms turn "Purvy" and ask if they can take a look.
trun.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
MM, I hate to point out the obvious, but our choice of clothing certainly says something about how we want to be perceived. When we put on an outfit, the way we look represents what we want other people to see -- and depending on what kind of outfit it is, certain reactions are predictable. .
Have you followed the news this week about the ex-Miss Spain who filed the harassment suit with the Pro Football team ?

Women go into a mens dressing room dressed sexy with half her stuff showing and she gets upset over guys saying guy stuff. I'm all for being a gentlemen and not harassing women but come on lady what can you expect from some 20 something athletes in their dressing room.

A little personal responsibility seems to be in order.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Have you followed the news this week about the ex-Miss Spain who filed the harassment suit with the Pro Football team ?

Women go into a mens dressing room dressed sexy with half her stuff showing and she gets upset over guys saying guy stuff. I'm all for being a gentlemen and not harassing women but come on lady what can you expect from some 20 something athletes in their dressing room.

A little personal responsibility seems to be in order.
Rakin, that's a different issue. I don't think being dressed in a revealing outfit justifies actual harassment. Despite that "boys will be boys", I believe that even "boys" can control themselves when they feel they have to. And moreover, women shouldn't have to operate on the possibility that some 20-something will think a pair of jeans and a turtleneck are sufficiently sexy to justify physical assault. What I was talking about is the intent and the attitude of women to being looked at, and how they want to be perceived. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships