Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:24 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,990,673 times

Advertisements

A month ago I purchased a new phone and had good conversation with the girl who sold me the phone. I ended up captivated by her. We both have uncommon first names and she was amazed when I knew the origin of hers. That is what got the ball rolling. We talked for awhile and I thought there may have been a connection.

I've been back in the store for various reasons, most of them, though, just to get back there to chat with her. I would just come out and ask her out but she's never alone. There's no way I could go about it without doing it in front of customers or her co-workers. I'd be putting her on the spot and possibly embarassment for myself.

Once I went in near closing and mentioned I was heading to the Starbucks next door hoping she'd show but she didn't. Not interested, busy or didn't catch my message, I don't know.

I can't keep going back for b.s. reasons. Someone is bound to catch on and I don't want to come across as the stalker or annoying customer type.

Any advice on how to approach this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times
mention she should join you when you go to starbucks next time

you didnt really extend an invite

Old 09-20-2010, 09:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Ask her for her business card. Say you have trouble with the phone. Then call her. Also maybe ask her co-worker if she "is" single.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:44 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,990,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ask her for her business card. Say you have trouble with the phone. Then call her. Also maybe ask her co-worker if she "is" single.
The business card angle is good but I'm not sure if she has one. The co-worker thing won't work unless the girl isn't there. It's a T-Mobile shop so it's very small and someone is always around. She must work a lot because she's always there when I go. Thanks for the tips, though.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:41 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
mention she should join you when you go to starbucks next time

you didnt really extend an invite
I agree. Go in before closing, suck it up and ask her if she'd like to join you at starbucks - you could even write an invitation I guess. She'll either say yes or no but be prepared that it is easy to misread the interest of someone who is trying to be friendly in order to sell you something.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
A month ago I purchased a new phone and had good conversation with the girl who sold me the phone. I ended up captivated by her. We both have uncommon first names and she was amazed when I knew the origin of hers. That is what got the ball rolling. We talked for awhile and I thought there may have been a connection.

I've been back in the store for various reasons, most of them, though, just to get back there to chat with her. I would just come out and ask her out but she's never alone. There's no way I could go about it without doing it in front of customers or her co-workers. I'd be putting her on the spot and possibly embarassment for myself.

Once I went in near closing and mentioned I was heading to the Starbucks next door hoping she'd show but she didn't. Not interested, busy or didn't catch my message, I don't know.

I can't keep going back for b.s. reasons. Someone is bound to catch on and I don't want to come across as the stalker or annoying customer type.

Any advice on how to approach this?

Are you the same guy who wanted to know how to ask shopgirl out LOL
I say this because there is another thread on here pretty close to yours.

Anyways ,if as you say she is NEVER alone how about giving her a little note with your phone # on it/email address. That way nobody around her knows what its about and that leaves the ball in her court. If she doesn't contact you then assume she is not interested.
Please keep us updated. Especially if you follow my advice. I'd love to know how it turns out.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,972 times
be bold. ask her out when others are around. The only thing she can do is say no and at worse humliate you. But c'mon man, don't let the opportunity for her to say yes pass you by.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:09 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Especially if you follow my advice. I'd love to know how it turns out.
Did he get a camera phone?

Old 09-21-2010, 10:41 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,144,735 times
Next time you mention going to Starbucks, ask her if she'd like you to bring something back for her.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:44 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I don't agree. It makes the OP come off as sneaky. And it means that you're using a professional reason to get into her personal life.

I always found that the direct approach was always best. Don't treat her like some goddess. Simply stroll in and ask her for coffee. Simply say, "I really enjoyed our conversation from a few weeks back. I know this is unconventional, but I was wondering if I can buy you a cup of coffee and talk some more."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships