Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 07:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times

Advertisements

Finally done with an almost 4-hour battle with a simple damn printer! I swear the more this technology "advances," the crappier everything is! Acquiring any new gadget must shorten my life by a year! And that's just the very beginning - PC & monitor to come! Still can't make up my mind on that crapola.

Thank goodness at least I had the old USB cable because since this piece of shi*t is wireless (but I'm not using it as such at this point), it didn't even come with that!

Happy vacation to me!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:53 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Which leads me to believe the exact opposite about the stuff. Disinformation dominates our world.
Go for it. You can start your own Blue Man Group.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Finally done with an almost 4-hour battle with a simple damn printer! I swear the more this technology "advances," the crappier everything is! Acquiring any new gadget must shorten my life by a year! And that's just the very beginning - PC & monitor to come! Still can't make up my mind on that crapola.

Thank goodness at least I had the old USB cable because since this piece of shi*t is wireless (but I'm not using it as such at this point), it didn't even come with that!

Happy vacation to me!
What the hell are you fighting with the printer for???

Old 10-04-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What the hell are you fighting with the printer for???
To accept its friggin' cartridges, to quit reproducing itself, to not jam paper on first friggin' try, and to make it friggin' print in general because the print jobs kept being sent to its evil twin! What did YOU think? Sometimes NOT sharing is a whole lot less irritating, but I'm still working on this lesson. I'd expect such a question from a guy.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
To accept its friggin' cartridges, to quit reproducing itself, to not jam paper on first friggin' try, and to make it friggin' print in general because the print jobs kept being sent to its evil twin! What did YOU think? Sometimes NOT sharing is a whole lot less irritating, but I'm still working on this lesson. I'd expect such a question from a guy.
Oh good lord. I thought you were trying to do something with it other than simply PRINT. And I missed the part about the PC and monitor - so did you get a new toy? I'll agree - 4 hours is nuts! I think I'd have packed the damn thing back up before that.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:37 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
It must be an HP printer. I bought one a year ago and I wonder why. When the wireless networking part of it works it works great.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh good lord. I thought you were trying to do something with it other than simply PRINT.
Actually it was copying and scanning fine. It just refused to print and it's called a "printer"!

Quote:
And I missed the part about the PC and monitor - so did you get a new toy?
Not yet. Still researching and thinking... The PC is likely to be HP as I'm used to it and it served me well for many years. I don't like the new HP monitors, though. Probably will get Samsung. I am tempted by others (there is a Dell with a better panel), but I'll probably end up getting a monitor from a store because the dead-pixel stories and return policies make me sick. I don't look at this stuff as new toys - to me it's a new headache and I only do it when absolutely necessary, which is the reason I try to be careful and buy top of the line, so I don't have to bother again for quite some time.

Quote:
I'll agree - 4 hours is nuts! I think I'd have packed the damn thing back up before that.
I doubt the rest would be any different... It might've had something to do with the interaction with the old drivers. Could've been OK on a new setup, but I had to make sure it works now 'cause Office Depot has only a 14-day exchange (no returns) policy!

Anyway... feeling a bit better on some food and 2nd beer.

Sorry for chewing you up, but you got me in a bad moment with this question.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It must be an HP printer. I bought one a year ago and I wonder why. When the wireless networking part of it works it works great.
Yeah, it's HP. All my old stuff is HP and I was happy with it for a long time.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,876,358 times
I'm disgusted with myself for going to college. Too much of that propaganda growing up in public schools. Opportunity cost approaching $20,000. That's some real capital down the drain.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I'm disgusted with myself for going to college. Too much of that propaganda growing up in public schools. Opportunity cost approaching $20,000. That's some real capital down the drain.
Well, there are still strawberry fields in CA, aren't there...? Ooops, there might be too much competition for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships