Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Especially smart magazines like:

The Economist
National Geographic
Reader's Digest
and the Incredible Hulk
While on or off the toilet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 04:51 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Especially smart magazines like:

The Economist
National Geographic
Reader's Digest
and the Incredible Hulk
Gosh, at this point a woman is lucky enough to find a man that READS, period...
To me, it's important that he likes reading in general and hopefully likes reading the same type of things so we can talk about it afterwards.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:52 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Gosh, at this point a woman is lucky enough to find a man that READS, period...
To me, it's important that he likes reading in general and hopefully likes reading the same type of things so we can talk about it afterwards.
Same here. I once went out with a guy who only read tabloid magazines. I found that to be a turn-off.

I'm a bit of a nerd. I love reading stuff related to history, the government, politics, and any other types of current affairs.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:55 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Same here. I once went out with a guy who only read tabloid magazines. I found that to be a turn-off.

I'm a bit of a nerd. I love reading stuff related to history, the government, politics, and any other types of current affairs.
A guy who reads tabloids only??? Are you sure he wasn't hiding a nookie in those pants?

I love to read, I read so many different type of things, so I can relate.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:57 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
A guy who reads tabloids only??? Are you sure he wasn't hiding a nookie in those pants?

I love to read, I read so many different type of things, so I can relate.
I don't mind tabloid magazines but if that's all a guy is going to read, I won't be interested.

But yea, I'm a big-time nerd. In high school, I was the type of girl who looked nerdy, wore big glasses, and hung out in the library reading historical biographies. I'm still an avid reader to this day.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:31 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times
Quote:
I don't mind tabloid magazines but if that's all a guy is going to read, I won't be interested.

But yea, I'm a big-time nerd. In high school, I was the type of girl who looked nerdy, wore big glasses, and hung out in the library reading historical biographies. I'm still an avid reader to this day.
Oooh I love it when women talk dirty. Nothing more sexy than a gal with glasses and a book.

I used to be a big reader of magazines, periodicals, newspapers, books, ingredient labels and anything containing print. Thank goodness for Public Libraries, cause my addiction could never been fed otherwise. I would have been forced into a life of crime to gain the money for my daily "fix". Magazines are a bad use of money since they only take a few minutes to read and cost so much for the pleasure. Though some like Nat Geo can be found in Doctor Offices most can only be acquired through street pushers. You live on the fringes of Society if your addiction becomes common knowledge.

Luckily the young people today can avoid suffering through the debilitating scourge that reading produces. Schools and parents have learned to discourage its insidious effects on the nations tender youth. They can now grow up with nothing more dangerous than having to decipher a food menu or mortgage application.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:40 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
How about Playboy? I heard they have good articles.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:54 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
A handyman, eh?
Yep. I made sure I found me a man who was good with his hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
He's a keeper!
Yeah, I'm not about to kick him to the curb yet...I've got some other projects for him to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
That subscription was in my name.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:00 PM

326 posts, read 838,085 times
A man that reads anything is a PLUS!!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 10:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
It actually does!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships