Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 12:00 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times

Advertisements

Assualt, battery. Even if the charges are eventually dropped, don't forget about wasted money in attorney's fees.

How would this be funny? Maybe just use this as a learning experience on how to take the high road.

Move on. Even if no charges were pressed, there's absolutely nothing to be gained from it.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:25 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,988 times
Wow, that is very mature of you.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:34 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Dumb. Stupid, simply stupid. Move on. The best revenge is totally ignoring them. Living well and being happy.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:38 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
This is only a hypothetical situation of what would occurred if I ever bumped into my ex...... loser
I would pretend to have a nice chit-chat with him and then just spill it on him. I can't help it but laugh at this situation.I know he won't go crazy over this anyways.

However if it others saw it can you still get in trouble for it? Or if he was stupid enough to actually report this can you get in trouble too? Legally that is......
Yes, it's an assault.

You're not very intelligent, are you?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:13 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,862 times
Default Had 13 hours of work but I'm back now...... so couldn't answered before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family_Guy27 View Post
If a guy threw a drink at you would it be funny?
Well there would have to be a reason why he would act so disrespectful. If I was a cheating tramp and the man throws a drink in my face, then there would be nothing to complain about. If I'm minding my own business and some jerk comes to me throwing a drink, then it would be upsetting. My guess is it would probably create some commotion if many people are there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family_Guy27 View Post
You have some growing up to do. If the guy's a jerk then try staying away from him. Try and be a little more forward thinking. You think you can throw a drink on him, and that's the end of it? He could retaliate. I saw a girl do this once, and ruined a friend's new cellphone that was $500. He flipped out, threw a drink back at her, grabbed her purse and threw her cellphone at a wall. They both got in trouble for disturbing the peace.
It was stated before that I would know who I'm throwing the drink at. I know some men will retaliate in return but with my ex, yes that would pretty much be the end of it. I know my people..... so yes if I was about to do something silly/stupid then it would be thought out. I don't just go at random.... I'm selective about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Yes, it's an assault.

You're not very intelligent, are you?
I wasn't aware of that. I've seen that on either certain movies or hear about it on other forums.... it was usually the woman getting mad and throwing it at him so I figure it's not so bad but yeah there's no point to it.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Dumb. Stupid, simply stupid. Move on. The best revenge is totally ignoring them. Living well and being happy.
I've been working for 13 long hours to the point of not even getting enough sleep that it's working..... maybe it's helpful when something keeps you busy.....

Old 10-22-2010, 11:47 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Seriously can you get in trouble for throwing a drink or water at an ex?
Seriously a person who is a sophisticate and/or have at least some sense, common decency and is not an idiot would NOT throw a drink on a person.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:01 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
I've been working for 13 long hours to the point of not even getting enough sleep that it's working..... maybe it's helpful when something keeps you busy.....
Yup. Finding things to keep busy is alway helpful.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:14 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
This is only a hypothetical situation of what would occurred if I ever bumped into my ex...... loser
I would pretend to have a nice chit-chat with him and then just spill it on him. I can't help it but laugh at this situation.I know he won't go crazy over this anyways.

However if it others saw it can you still get in trouble for it? Or if he was stupid enough to actually report this can you get in trouble too? Legally that is......
If you are underage, then your legal liability is limited. If you act underage, well...I don't know.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
If you are underage, then your legal liability is limited. If you act underage, well...I don't know.

Nope I'm 23 years old... will be 24 on April.

Come to think of it I've thrown water or a drink on two different occasions (both different guys).
One was in 8th grade where sometimes (when I had a chance) I would spend my time annoying this dude. It was either lightly kicking his desk, his sneakers, sticking my foot and almost tripping him 3 times and lastly actually throwing water at him (it spill all over his desk and shirt). His response was something like ''Oh here goes again''. I just wanted another friend and him to like me.... that's all but didn't really know how to express it well......

The second time was around 2 years ago with my drink but I was super intoxicated and it was a joke (it spilled all over a co-worker's pants). Everyone knew how I used to get in my younger years when overpassing the drinking limit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships