Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 03:51 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,488 times

Advertisements

This is only a hypothetical situation of what would occurred if I ever bumped into my ex...... loser
I would pretend to have a nice chit-chat with him and then just spill it on him. I can't help it but laugh at this situation.I know he won't go crazy over this anyways.

However if it others saw it can you still get in trouble for it? Or if he was stupid enough to actually report this can you get in trouble too? Legally that is......

Old 10-09-2010, 03:57 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times
Let's put it this way - if you were at a bar and the waitress threw water on you because you were being mean to her, what could happen to the waitress?

Yes you could get in trouble.

But besides that, why would you resort to such immature, childish behavior? Don't you know it only makes you look bad?

Old 10-09-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
Let's put it this way - if you were at a bar and the waitress threw water on you because you were being mean to her, what could happen to the waitress?
I would be like ''What the hell'' and give her a nasty look followed by probably reporting it. However, you're comparing a complete stranger with someone you knew and had shared an emotional bond with long ago.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
But besides that, why would you resort to such immature, childish behavior? Don't you know it only makes you look bad?
I guess it would be to surprise him and then laugh when seeing the look on his face.... LOL

Old 10-09-2010, 04:09 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
I think it's a very immature and childish thing to do. You will end up looking like an idiot if that's what you choose to do. Why not just ignore him?

Old 10-09-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I think it's a very immature and childish thing to do. You will end up looking like an idiot if that's what you choose to do. Why not just ignore him?
We've been in NC for 2 months now and will continue to be this way. I was just stating what would happen if I ever were to bump into him one day.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:16 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I would be like ''What the hell'' and give her a nasty look followed by probably reporting it. However, you're comparing a complete stranger with someone you knew and had shared an emotional bond with long ago.....
My point is, the same legal consequences that could happen to the waitress, could happen to you. You could cause a big scene, have the police called on you, be kicked out of the bar. You don't know how he is going to react, and chances are, he's not going to be happy about it.

Quote:
I guess it would be to surprise him and then laugh when seeing the look on his face.... LOL
Seriously? How about you move on with your life and show him what an a$$ he is by being happy without him? Do you really need to get back at him by throwing a drink on him? He's just going to think you're completely nuts and immature.

The best thing you can do is ignore him and avoid places that you would see him.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:36 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
It would be pathetic and make you look like a loser who is still pining for him. It would be obvious to everyone in the room that you got played and are seeking revenge. I've seen it happen before, and as soon as the drink-thrower was kicked out of the place, everyone pointed and laughed. Most assumed the girl was a chump and the guy was a player. And then the guy did a little mini comedy routine about what a looney toon the girl was.

The best thing you can do if you run into the guy is give the polite head nod and continue with your business. Causing a scene only works well in movies.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:45 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
You're probably not alone with your ill will and fantasies about what you'd like to say or do to an ex if you ever ran into him.

The probability of a chance run in is zilch. Its been three years since you left the US. When are you going to let it go?

I'd wager a bet you're you're still emailing, facebook and other means of communication. aren't you? Fortunately for him theres a zillion miles between you.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You're probably not alone with your ill will and fantasies about what you'd like to say or do to an ex if you ever ran into him.

The probability of a chance run in is zilch. Its been three years since you left the US. When are you going to let it go?
I know but this doesn't mean I'll never come back to the US.... I will on my own. I know, even if I'm back in the US, the chance of running into him would be slim but this was just a ''what if'' position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'd wager a bet you're you're still emailing, facebook and other means of communication. aren't you? Fortunately for him theres a zillion miles between you.
We haven't been in contact ever since I send him to hell and basically hanged up on him. I already erase him from facebook, myspace and even destroyed pictures.

Come on haven't all of you imagine doing that to someone who either have you a hard time or you simply dislike?

Old 10-09-2010, 07:35 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
What if you do? He's wins, and you lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.