Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,315,893 times

Advertisements

Usually people speak of love at first sight. This I don't believe in so much. But hate at first sight? Recently there was a guy who showed up at my workplace. For a combination of reasons, I found myself really hating everything about him. The arrogant mannerisms, the proselytizing manner of speech, the rudeness and abruptness of the strange things he says, how he brags about his wife and kid (neither of whom are anything special). He is fairly unattractive, but probably doesn't know it. I'm not sure if he is being a dbag on purpose.

I am probably being a bit harsh but the nasty chemistry cannot be denied. I've tried to be friendly at first but so far it has backfired and made me hate him even more. We might have interacted for 20 minutes at most in 2 weeks but it is enough to permanently close the doors of interaction. It does not help that his face is devoid of expression (can't stand people like that).

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 09:58 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,819,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Usually people speak of love at first sight. This I don't believe in so much. But hate at first sight? Recently there was a guy who showed up at my workplace. For a combination of reasons, I found myself really hating everything about him. The arrogant mannerisms, the proselytizing manner of speech, the rudeness and abruptness of the strange things he says, how he brags about his wife and kid (neither of whom are anything special). He is fairly unattractive, but probably doesn't know it. I'm not sure if he is being a dbag on purpose.

I am probably being a bit harsh but the nasty chemistry cannot be denied. I've tried to be friendly at first but so far it has backfired and made me hate him even more. We might have interacted for 20 minutes at most in 2 weeks but it is enough to permanently close the doors of interaction. It does not help that his face is devoid of expression (can't stand people like that).

Yep. I don't know if I could say I "hated" someone at first sight, but I've definitely known when someone and I were just not going to get along. Ever. And I'm pretty easy to get along with, so that's saying a lot!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,279,301 times
LOL...oh yeh...

This title just made me laugh because its the phrase that pops into my head when it happens.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,821,003 times
Living in NYC, EVERYBODY I see I hate at first sight.
Everybody.
No exceptions.
None at all.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:46 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,264,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish22 View Post
Living in NYC, EVERYBODY I see I hate at first sight.
Everybody.
No exceptions.
None at all.
How about at second sight?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:53 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,382,825 times
I wouldn't call it "hate" at first sight, but there were several times when my twitchy little internal antennae told me to beware of certain people -- something about them seemed "off" to me or dangerous. And it turned out every time I was right; they were abusive, mean, angry, unethical, violent, etc. Far more bad than good in the mix. I'm not sure if that counts.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:01 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,111,704 times
Hate is a pretty strong word. There are people I don't like, but I don't think I could really hate anyone at first sight. Oh, wait, I forgot about my ex wife.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:04 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,158,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post

It seems like there is one in every office. I hate moody people. People who are your best friends one day and won't even speak to you the next for no reason. WHere I worked last winter there was a gal like that there. Drove every body nuts. I couldn't stand her.

Yeah, they're out there.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-12-2010, 11:14 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,942,699 times
Not hate, but there are some people that I have never gotten along with. One co-worker in particular, I remember the first time I saw him he was eyeing me suspiciously, as if to say "you're my enemy until you prove otherwise".

Since then, the guy just doesn't even give me the time of day. He talks to others right in front of me as if I'm not there. He exudes a lack of respect for me.

We are cordial, but we just don't get along, and never have.

He's also got my biggest pet peeve, which is whispering. that's my pet peeve. I positively hate the sound of whispers, especially when accompanied by laughter.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:29 PM

23,238 posts, read 29,085,198 times
I can't believe it that people would be so ignorant and stupid enough to
spill their hates to anyone else.

Watch out for those with elaphantine memories and meticulously recorded diaries!

They're gonna getcha one of these days! One of those days when you're trying to clear a smudge from your mirror that won't go away, won't go away!

You'd make Sigmund Freud's job too easy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships