Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 11:19 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
My personal context to finding this disturbing is an incident I had with a former classmate in high school. We just happened to sit near each other in class and I found out on a website that he had taken every single innocuous thing I had done and weaved into into some extraordinary tale about how I had feelings for him and I was showing him "signals". Needless to say I felt he was stalking me and he was crazy and that was very scary. So I am sensitive to those sort of things.
Okay..I see what you're saying about the perception being so askew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 12:13 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
I big smile followed by "hello, how are you today"? Would be easy enough to say, if she answers take it from there. It is hard for me to believe anyone couldn't carry on a conversation if they wanted to. I can chat with people in line at the grocery store. No body has ever been rude to me before for starting a conversation. Once you start doing this it gets easier. You can not be a mute forever and expect a girl to come along and rescue you.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Coincidence. Wait, are you a good looking guy? Maybe she's intrigued by you and that's her way of getting you to say something corny like, "I see you stole my seat.."? I don't know but.. I'm going to say coincidence. If it's cold, she's letting her hair down to keep warmer.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:30 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
Default hey xxabee chick

lighten up. Since i am avoidant and don't engage readily in convos there ain't no way i can actively bother anyone so it's hard to understand why you find this so "creepy". all the staff in that store likes me because they know they're gonna make $$$ off me and have been for the past 5 years

secondly, there is an annoying yenta lady my age my job who thinks that because i had a conversation with her 6 years ago I am interested in her. so i hope you see this kind of 'creepy" thing cuts both ways. she thinks cause i'm her age and unnattached i'm gonna do her bidding for the rest of our lives and sit home and babysit her stupid kids from different dads

Old 10-15-2010, 01:34 PM

Default adreas-

well i personally think i'm ugly but for some reason I'm told i have Armand Assante's eyes and have been hearing that for years

when i was 21 i was told i looked like Elvis. when i was in my teens my mom used to say I looked like Roland Smith the newscaster from channel 5 in NY

now it's more like George from Seinfeld(hairloss) and Newman's weight (tho I don't think I'm as heavy as him)

but to be fair to myself, women are always smiling at me and indicating something positive about me. maybe cause they sense i'm hardworking and dedicated

Old 10-15-2010, 01:37 PM

Default hey xxabee chick

if i needed psych help it would only be to be more confident in talking to others

yep i am an avoidant character disorder but it's not the same thing as being narcissistic or a psycho/sociopath

Old 10-15-2010, 01:39 PM

Default hey virgode

you'd be great to testify on behalf of my mental sanity!! virgode speaks "RLRL is NOT a stalker!!!"

Old 10-15-2010, 01:49 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
rlrl,

I believe I read a post saying you're over 40 ? Am I wrong ? If not, how many college girls do you think want to go out with somebody who is middle aged, balding, and overweight ? Yes, that is a rhetorical quesiton.

I think you are dreaming about the unattainable here. Let's face it, neither you nor I is going to be going out with somebody who looks like Emmanuelle Chriqui. If you want to date somebody, you are going to have to settle for someone who has some flaws.

And let me guess, you still haven't even said "hi" to her, have you ? Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe you should stop thinking about this girl as a romantic interest. She's half your age. She's a patron at a coffee shop you're a patron of. She changed seats and ordered a bagel. Let it go.

I would recommend focusing your dating interests on women who are closer to your age, and who are more likely to be interested in actually dating you. I'm not trying to be harsh, but middle aged men chasing after college girls is a waste of time, avoidant or not.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:57 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
lighten up. Since i am avoidant and don't engage readily in convos there ain't no way i can actively bother anyone so it's hard to understand why you find this so "creepy". all the staff in that store likes me because they know they're gonna make $$$ off me and have been for the past 5 years

secondly, there is an annoying yenta lady my age my job who thinks that because i had a conversation with her 6 years ago I am interested in her. so i hope you see this kind of 'creepy" thing cuts both ways. she thinks cause i'm her age and unnattached i'm gonna do her bidding for the rest of our lives and sit home and babysit her stupid kids from different dads
You're not creepy. You're just lonely and shy. There are many of us who are lonely and shy.

You can better your situation by actively seeking out women that are realistically "attainable" for you given your age. Yes, this may involve putting up with some of their faults. I'll give you a hint. Young, attractive women aren't flawless either.

Therapy, especially group therapy, for avoidant personality disorder can make a big difference in your life. Don't go with somebody who's just going to put you on prozac though. Go to a licensed clinical social worker. They can't prescribe meds, so they're going to focus on how to help you improve your life.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:14 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times
I think she felt like putting her hair down. Maybe it was giving her a headache. I also think she felt like eating a bagel and having a coffee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships