Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 01:51 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
ok I'm the size of the one wearin the black on the top... child bearin hips!! as my mom always said.

..they have more power when they collide
And your lucky to have hips , try not having any hips at all, even after pushin two 9 pound babies out

Ain't nothing wrong with curves baby!!

Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Who cares? Be happy, enjoy life and just be yourself. Life comes at you like a trainwreck, before you know it we're all old anyway so just be happy. I'd much rather be around someone that laughs and finds joy in each day than one that worries and sweats the small stuff, in the end it's your spirit that shows and there are some fantastic spirits here

Old 10-26-2007, 04:37 AM

249 posts, read 473,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
Like others, I was expecting the capitalized "BIG" to be referring to a woman who was morbidly obese which would get a different response from me. Every person carries their weight differently, but 30 lbs. in general isn't a HUGE amount so it generally wouldn't be a problem for me. As a whole, being honest, for me overweight is fine, but obese is not. Personality matters more but there does have to be a certain level of physical attraction there. Ideally, a high amount of both, but at the very least, a good balance, and for me obesity (again, NOT being just overweight or chubby) is not attractive.

If I had to pick my ideal female body type, I would say curvy but not necessarily overweight; women like Scarlett Johansson, Beyonce and Salma Hayek. Of course, this is my ideal, but a deviation from this is perfectly fine. The extremes on either end though (obese or very very skinny) are not my thing.
The definition of obese is determined by this Body mass index, or BMI, is the most common measure of an individual’s
weight relative to his or her height. Evaluating BMI helps physicians
determine the severity of an individual’s condition and his or
her class of obesity.

The average woman in the U.S. is 5’4”. If she
weighs 152 pounds, her BMI is 26.1 – overweight.
A healthy weight for a woman of average height
would be approximately 134 pounds.
This is how doctors measure obesity BMI = weight (lbs.) x 703/
Height2 (in.)
So if you weight 180 lbs at 5'4 you would be obese. It does not matter where it is proportioned on you.... you would be called obese

Old 10-26-2007, 07:36 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Oh Lion, what the heck is "within reason" regarding cellulite and rolls!!

The model you show here is yuck! way too skinny, and the other two, the one on the left, yeah I can see the attraction, the other one doesn't look too bad ~ but I would think that the weight she is at is very unhealthy - VERY VERY pretty though - the one on the right.

I don't really fit any of these categories above, top heavy, but not on the bottom ~ I'm glad to hear cellulite is attractive too bad my husband don't think so ~ I'm also glad to hear I can just stop working out too!

Oh and by the way, I'm ready for dinner anytime, I'm no salad eatin Bi@ch either ~ I can out eat you anyday ~ oh and the more carbs the better.
Oh I can't give a definate answer or measure,her hips shpould be alot wider than her tummy,I guess that's where I draw the line between phat and fat.It all depends really,I mean I am attracted to thinner girls besides voluptuous girls,I just don't like skiiny muscle type girls.My friend does though,so it just shows that different people favor different things.

MJB,I wouldn't worry about it too much though,I think you are very sexy,and really it's your hubby that matters anyway,seems like you 2 got a good thing going.

The photo I posted,actually the girl in bluejeans is sexy in my opinion though her legs are big for her other attributes,actually the girl in white has the Betty Boop attributes that I prefere.The other photos just posted,yeah those are good looking girls too.

I could post more photos to explain more in detail and give contrast to what I consider voluptuous verses out of shape but ugh,in wouldn't fit in the mold of this forum...ya' know.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:23 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,733,418 times
Default Yeah, it is a very common problem

Most women that you meet today over the age of 30 will tend to be a bit overweight. The skinny ones will tend to have some type of medical problems.

30 pounds is not that bad. That isn't even a big beer belly worth. I just quit drinking alcohol totally because I could never get down below 188 pounds. Would blossom well over 200 pounds on binge party time. The booze and snacks were the cause. Lost a lot of weight in about 4 months. Something like 30 pounds, my beer belly is just about gone. Maybe another 10 - 15 pounds will put me at the ideal weight.

Any man probably can get his honey to lose weight but you have to be diplomatic about it. Might be best to set the example yourself first. I have one potential long term GF that I have been working on. She has a nice body but does have the extra flab in the belly. If she lost 30 pounds would be a super body.

Again all depends on where it is. I hate them super big thighs / legs. If it is in the hips / bum can actually make her more sexy. If it is not fat but toned flesh, usually looks ok. Big wrinkles of fat are a real turn off. Some women look better with their clothes on, others with them off.

As I have found, get into the correct weight range for your height / age, you feel so much better too.

But them big porkers, forget it. Those 300 pounders and up. Babe do something, if you want a man. I just ain't going there.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:58 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
I have a different theory. I think most men are attracted to a face first. If gaining weight affects your face (which it does for many but not all women) it causes you to appear less attractive. And what do you see when you look in the mirror in the morning? Unless you have eyes on the sides of your thighs, it isn't your cellulite. The women above in the white shirt has a pretty face. Some men "forgive" a lot for a pretty face (i.e. cellulite, a little pooch, extra pounds) just like some women "forgive" a lot for money and security (i.e. looks like Joe Torre, is much older or makes mice seem hung).

Old 10-27-2007, 04:05 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
I would still see this as healthy. larger, but healthy and attractive.

Guys ? Girls ?

Those look fine to me, I've never been attracted to thin girls, so it hasn't been an issue. The women, however, keep thinking they are too big and want to get thinner. What I find interesting is that they want to get skinnnier to be more attractive to the guys, even if the guys claim that isn't their preference.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:08 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
I think the key word here is moderation. No one can set in numbers age and height and weight whether you are fat, compared to the next person.. cause guess what, everyone is shaped differently and carries it different and it affects them differently

If you have to hold up your gut, when you're going to the bathroom, you're probably overweight.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:24 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
I would still see this as healthy. larger, but healthy and attractive.

Guys ? Girls ?

very attractive!

Old 10-28-2007, 12:43 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,179,268 times
Quote:
Cosmic;1844204]
Any man probably can get his honey to lose weight but you have to be diplomatic about it. Might be best to set the example yourself first. I have one potential long term GF that I have been working on. She has a nice body but does have the extra flab in the belly. If she lost 30 pounds would be a super body.
If you feel that the woman you love or care about needs to do certain things to make herself better to you then who/what are you more interested in, her happiness and well being or how she looks to you and others?? When you lose weight for others you rarely keep it off and it is usually a difficult and unhappy experience. And when is enough change enough?
BTW no diplomacy on earth is good enough to hide the fact that someone is critising your body. If you think she is taking it well you are fooling yourself.

Quote:
Again all depends on where it is. I hate them super big thighs / legs. If it is in the hips / bum can actually make her more sexy. If it is not fat but toned flesh, usually looks ok. Big wrinkles of fat are a real turn off. Some women look better with their clothes on, others with them off
As I have found, get into the correct weight range for your height / age, you feel so much better too.
But them big porkers, forget it. Those 300 pounders and up. Babe do something, if you want a man. I just ain't going there.
That's very unkind. If you don't like it that's fine but as you can see there is someone for everyone. These woman do not appeal to you but they need not change for a man. If they choose to change for themselves great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships