Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 09:02 PM

29 posts, read 169,920 times

Advertisements

As much as you want her to warm up and become closer please know that you cannot change a person. They are who they are. It sounds as if she has some trust issues, you are not a trained shrink which is what it sounds like she needs.
Time to move on to a girl who is more grounded and sable. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 03:41 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
I know you don't want to be alone, but this girl is not the right one for you. You deserve to be with someone who will love and cherish you. You are settling because you're lonely. This is a major mistake because you'll put up with just about anything she dishes out. You deserve better and don't need to be anyone's doormat.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:35 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
You didn't say what your 'particular taste in girls' is, all you said is you have one. That may have something to do with her being cold, or the fact that you have been alone for a while. Maybe you need to 'broaden your horizons', there are many suitable girls out there if you look and have an open mind.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:47 AM

3 posts, read 8,688 times
Well we broke up.
I met her again and she was very cold again so I confronted her and got her to admit she doesn't have feelings me... like I didn't know it... I just needed to hear it from her mouth...but I know it is the right thing .. I hope things get better someday.. thx for the advice everybody.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:34 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynz View Post
Well we broke up.
I met her again and she was very cold again so I confronted her and got her to admit she doesn't have feelings me... like I didn't know it... I just needed to hear it from her mouth...but I know it is the right thing .. I hope things get better someday.. thx for the advice everybody.
I know you must be so disappointed Kynz, and I'm sorry

I'll tell you what I tell my kids when this happens to them - when a relationship doesn't work out you just have to have faith that something better is out there waiting to be discovered

Keep your chin up, there really are other girls of your "type" (whatever that is!) out there!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
You said she was your first. How can you catagorize her as your particular taste in girls? If you set up a criterium for your prospective girls to pass, you're setting up a criterium for failure. Relax... enjoy the dating process, ..you might discover that quality and beauty can be in the person you'd least suspect it.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:20 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,862,283 times
from what you wrote it honestly sounds like your only attaracted to her on the physical level...she "fits" your "particular taste in girls" on a physical level, but has nothing personality wise to keep you.

im sorry, i know it hurts to break up, but it realy does sound like you were putting the physcial apearance over what realy matters.
youll find that special girl eventually, just dont push it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships