Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 01:18 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,388,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag08 View Post
I work with a boring guy. He's very socially inept but he's a very nice guy. He's somewhat recently gotten a divorce and hates being single been interested in just about all of us girls at work, but none of us can find any enthusiasm or positivity in him. And now because he's made friends with so many of us girls, all the guys we work with think he's gay.

We all went out recently and he spent the whole time pretending to be busy on his phone. I tried twice to make conversation with him and both times, his response was "Yep!" and that's it lol.
so you don't recognise that people are different? fool lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 02:04 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,708,397 times
Default i've been told

that i can easily come off as boring but when someone gets to know me it's then not the case at all

Old 11-06-2010, 02:17 PM

182 posts, read 503,308 times
I'm incredible boring...That's all I've got.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:24 PM

8,967 posts, read 20,395,429 times
From what I've learned over the years, most people would much rather be around a "fun" type person than a boring type person! Some people change from boring to fun, while others just like their lifestyle even when the know it's boring. "Fun" type people are just that......."fun" to be around!!
And, by the way, I'm not at all telling anyone how to live their life. If a person wants to be boring, all I can say is "have fun" doing it, but as for me, I like people who know what the word FUN means and do it!!
I don't need to be "the life of the party", I just like the word FUN!! As I said before, if you or any one else wants to be dull and boring........fine with me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Fun is subjective.

Also, shouldn't somebody in their 60s have the life wisdom to let others live their own lives? or to discern that there is no inherent good in being the life of the party?

Old 11-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
From what I've learned over the years, most people would much rather be around a "fun" type person than a boring type person! Some people change from boring to fun, while others just like their lifestyle even when the know it's boring. "Fun" type people are just that......."fun" to be around!!
And, by the way, I'm not at all telling anyone how to live their life. If a person wants to be boring, all I can say is "have fun" doing it, but as for me, I like people who know what the word FUN means and do it!!
I don't need to be "the life of the party", I just like the word FUN!! As I said before, if you or any one else wants to be dull and boring........fine with me!!

So what is the issue? Who gives a **** if you like fun? Fun to the people you look down on is obviously different to you. Fool.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:43 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,125,811 times
Quote:
Fun is subjective.

Also, shouldn't somebody in their 60s have the life wisdom to let others live their own lives? or to discern that there is no inherent good in being the life of the party?
I can co-sign this. Going further, shouldn't people in their 60's have outgrown the party-fun stage already I find that overly social, fun people are overcompensating for some lack in their lives that they mask it by going out and "having fun" as they say. There's a time to have fun and a time to slow down.

Quote:
I don't need to be "the life of the party", I just like the word FUN
Ummmmm.....when you're being and having fun, you're essentially trying to be the life of the party.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:38 PM

First of all, our idea of the word "party" is a few beers at home, some snacks and watching a good movie or NFL football game...........NOT the kind of "partying" that the young generation does!!
Just because we are in our early 60's does that mean we aren't suppose to have fun around more? Geshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
And, for "samston": I really don't give a crap what you think of the word fun! I done this Thread as a curiousity type thing......NOT for wife and I to be bashed for enjoying life!!!!!!!!!
If anyone who has replied to this Thread likes being around boring type people, that's there thing. If we choose not to be, that's OUR thing!!
As far as "judging" people goes, I can judge anybody at any time for anything! Thing that really gets me, MOST people do judge others.......they just won't/don't admit it!!

Old 11-07-2010, 06:54 PM

nobody judges. you're a fool since you cannot accept that others are different from you.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:37 AM

SORRY, SORRY to break the news to you.......there are a heck of a lot of people in society who DO judge others! Just ask some folks what they think about tattoos, body piercings, drug/alcohol use, mohawk haircuts, call-girls, prostitution, gay/lesbian issue and the list goes on and on!!!!!!!!
The word discrimination is used a lot in todays society and that is a "judgement" type word.
Shoot, unfortunately, even children and adults with mental and physical impairments are judged by many.
So, with that being said, we ARE a VERY "judgemental" society........like it or not!!

Quote:
nobody judges. you're a fool since you cannot accept that others are different from you.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:05 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,393 times
I find that most people are boring.

The majority of people are stuck in their daily routine of commute, work, sleep, eat, watch television...and never even TRY to get out of it.

Hard to have anything interesting to say when you're like a fish in a tiny bowl going in circle. Their world is so small and their only real connection with the world is through a TV. Sometimes they will go on shopping spree to bring some novelty to their life and then go back to work to pay down that loaded credit card.

Having a conversation with them makes me want to jump off a bridge because you realize how everybody sounds the same. But that's when I'm forced to be around them, like relatives or coworkers.

I wouldn't care so much about these people but I think that what bothers me is that more often than not, they are detractors. They are so stuck in their 'normal' lifestyle that all they do is being critical when you try new things. We all have a boring couple in our family members who you know spend their nights gossiping about the rest of they family who can't refrain from having a critical opinion of ANYTHING you do.

I try to hang out with active but most importantly, open-minded people. I have friends of all ages, background with a large array of different interests but they all share the same traits. They are interesting and I have real conversations with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships