Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 11:15 AM

525 posts, read 1,555,331 times

Advertisements

I went off at a guy by texts and facebook messages who is now an ex-friend. I know, sort of impersonal and being crazy. He betrayed my trust by abusing my credit card. I don't care anymore now that he hasn't replied to any of my messages. Told him I was breaking up with him though we were never dating, just FWB. He didn't say anything then either.

I may of made of mistake by telling one of his siblings what he was doing with my card and was giving him money. I also get the gut feeling that he's lying about stuff though I can't prove it. We used to be really tight-knit, hanging out together a lot for a couple years then things fell through between him and ex-finance. That's how I met him, through his ex. Since that happened, our visits were very brief and infrequent. And we weren't hanging out together anymore on the weekends in the evening.

Our friendship got complicated, sex being one of the factors and our friendship wasn't the same after a couple years we started hanging out together. So, I've decided to end it and move on now. Its hard, I really liked him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,553 times
He was wrong to use ur creditcard. And as you said he was also untrustworthy in other ways. You might of liked him... but if you love yourself you made the right choice leaving this person. You can't control your emotions, they are bound to appear, you can only control what actions you do. Hey at least you didnt stab him

Old 11-12-2010, 12:34 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,463 times
Sometimes I do, but if my creditcard was involved then no I wouldn't.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:39 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Sometimes I do, but if my creditcard was involved then no I wouldn't.
I was going to say the same thing.

The other night I wasn't feeling good and my wife was trying to do too many things and wound up overcooking my dinner. Probably if I was feeling well I might have gotten mad but I definitely would have felt bad afterwards (considering that we both watch the dinner in case one of us is trying to do something else). But its just a dinner and she's always prompt on watching it when she's cooking. It just happened to be a hectic night.

However in the OP's situation, no need to feel bad. That person abused the credit card.

Seriously, unless you're married, don't let someone else use your credit card, and even then, set boundaries.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:11 AM

648 posts, read 3,090,785 times
I feel bad when my anger is prompted more by the stress in my life than the actual event that caused me to loose my cool. I apologized to my son a lot as a single mom when I got overly upset with him! And I apologize to my students sometimes as well when I yell at them mostly because I'm stressed out! Usually when I get angry at my love interest it's warranted and I don't feel bad for getting angry but I usually wish I could have handled my anger in a less emotional way!! I can be an emotional basket case where love is concerned!! LOL So, I guess the bottom line is I only feel bad about anger if it's overly emotional or misdirected

You definitely were right to be angry with someone abusing your credit card! I also would have trouble remaining friends if someone did this to me. That person abused your trust and that's a difficult thing to repair.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:44 PM

f u c k everyone!!! wanted some thought on this and barely got any. I hate the government and the health care system fukital. I hate this s h i t hole that we live in where everything is getting worse and isolated.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:04 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
I went off at a guy by texts and facebook messages who is now an ex-friend. I know, sort of impersonal and being crazy. He betrayed my trust by abusing my credit card. I don't care anymore now that he hasn't replied to any of my messages. Told him I was breaking up with him though we were never dating, just FWB. He didn't say anything then either.

I may of made of mistake by telling one of his siblings what he was doing with my card and was giving him money. I also get the gut feeling that he's lying about stuff though I can't prove it. We used to be really tight-knit, hanging out together a lot for a couple years then things fell through between him and ex-finance. That's how I met him, through his ex. Since that happened, our visits were very brief and infrequent. And we weren't hanging out together anymore on the weekends in the evening.

Our friendship got complicated, sex being one of the factors and our friendship wasn't the same after a couple years we started hanging out together. So, I've decided to end it and move on now. Its hard, I really liked him.
Well, I will say this as gently as possible. It was totally appropriate to get mad at him for essentially stealing from you. But I think you should steer a little anger your own way.

The guy was an ethically-challenged loser who used your credit card. But, c'mon. Weren't there clues about this guy from the get-go? And you were essentially sleeping with the guy without having some defined kind of relationship with him. And then you handled the breakup badly. Anything short of calling him up and saying, "You stole from me. You are dead to me now," is not respecting yourself. In fact, I'd call the credit card company and see how you can get the charges corrected.

And don't sleep with losers anymore. I think the concept "Friends With Benefits" is an incredibly destructive one, namely because it implies there are no consequences. There are always emotional ties established one way or another, and you are learning that painful truth right now.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
f u c k everyone!!! wanted some thought on this and barely got any. I hate the government and the health care system fukital. I hate this s h i t hole that we live in where everything is getting worse and isolated.
What does the government and the health care system have a cotton-picking thing to do with this mess? And now you're lashing out at us because we didn't give you 100% validation?

Look, do yourself a favor and read carefully: You are ultimately responsible for your own life. The pickles you get into are the result of your own choices, whether in friends or actions. The sooner you realize this, the more emotionally healthy you will be.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, I will say this as gently as possible. It was totally appropriate to get mad at him for essentially stealing from you. But I think you should steer a little anger your own way.

The guy was an ethically-challenged loser who used your credit card. But, c'mon. Weren't there clues about this guy from the get-go? And you were essentially sleeping with the guy without having some defined kind of relationship with him. And then you handled the breakup badly. Anything short of calling him up and saying, "You stole from me. You are dead to me now," is not respecting yourself. In fact, I'd call the credit card company and see how you can get the charges corrected.

And don't sleep with losers anymore. I think the concept "Friends With Benefits" is an incredibly destructive one, namely because it implies there are no consequences. There are always emotional ties established one way or another, and you are learning that painful truth right now.

yes, it was a little bit of my own fault for getting involved in a FWB relationship and knowing that he was a "loser" I was just desperate for a little love. He put on an act of being very sweet and charming which was why I was drawn to him

Old 11-14-2010, 01:18 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:

Wow I like how you got around the profanity filter by spacing out the fword
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships