Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:49 PM

113 posts, read 108,870 times

Advertisements

Im a young guy in my twenties and Im currently single. To me, dating and everything just seems exausting. Dont get me wrong, I like to go out and party and have fun but its like I would just like to skip ahead about fifteen yrs. have a good women to love and chrerish, have a small family and just be done with it. I realize you cant have a wife without dating but realy? I dont want to go out there and play all these games that are being played by my generation nowadays. Is this normal???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 02:51 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo2929 View Post
Im a young guy in my twenties and Im currently single. To me, dating and everything just seems exausting. Dont get me wrong, I like to go out and party and have fun but its like I would just like to skip ahead about fifteen yrs. have a good women to love and chrerish, have a small family and just be done with it. I realize you cant have a wife without dating but realy? I dont want to go out there and play all these games that are being played by my generation nowadays. Is this normal???

It is normal and I find your attitude very refreshing. You are going to make some woman very happy someday
That being said I think you need to experience dating a few women before you settle down so that you can be sure what it is that you want out of a relationship.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
I'm about 15 years ahead of you at 39 and I'm still not interested in being married or having kids. Have a good time and live a fulfilling life. Don't skip the dating, though. That's part of it.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:08 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Quote:

Dating can be exhausting, especially if you are trying too hard. Don't play games, be yourself, have fun, and hopefully, you will meet a woman with the same goals you have .

Old 11-14-2010, 03:15 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:

HAHA~ Don`t feel bad. Every episode I watch of "Little house" and "The Waltons" I wish I was living back then, so its normal to fantasize to what you enjoy the most!
I can`t say that I blame you wanting to skip the generation!

Old 11-14-2010, 03:21 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Yeah I think it's different from the norm. Seems like most people your age are just interested in ****ing like wild rabbits with a new person each week. I get how you feel though, I'd like to just press 'skip' and end up with "the one" and not have to deal with the bull**** that is dating.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:28 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
It is not normal at your age because you are showing restraint and maturity instead of being a follower of a decandent and dangerous culture which makes fun of sexual hedonism despite the many thousands that have lost their lives / have become sterile / get a permanent 'companion' from STD's . I personally commend you for your desires to be mature and bypass very real and potential trouble. You are part of a responsible minority for sure. There are also women out there who feel the same way you do , but nowadays i think they are the minority too. Your best bet is going to be to meet women who have a walk with God and desire values, morals, and ethics for her life ; you can often find this variety at larger church Singles Ministries , Christian Online Dating, and Christian Dating magazines . I really wish you well in your endeavor because you display wisdom and concern...and i hope you are rewarded with a like minded lady that you can build a future with .

Old 11-14-2010, 04:31 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:

I hear you Buddy.

Lot of stuff in between what you want.

I hope you find that someone that can walk those roads with you with limited drama.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:42 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I'm about 15 years ahead of you at 39 and I'm still not interested in being married or having kids. Have a good time and live a fulfilling life. Don't skip the dating, though. That's part of it.
That's when they are on their best behavior. hahahaha!!!

Old 11-14-2010, 11:41 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,041 times
Find someone conservative with good family life. Perhaps they have more similar goals to you. BTW if you think your problems are over when your married, I'd disagree. Thats when all the problems you didnt have while you were dating come out. I suggest you date "nice" girls with a good dating history, ie. not TOO many relaltionships, relationships are long and steady, less emotional baggage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships