Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:08 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,043,294 times

Advertisements

Women like beards i.e., fur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Usually I'm a pretty tidy dresser / grooming.

Due to circumstances I was out on the town and not dressed or groomed to my usual standard eg. unshaven, clothes pretty casual. But got alot of female attention, even more than usual. Makes no sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 02:31 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,459,938 times
Was in the City in a night out again recently again unshaven and dressed pretty casual. Exact same thing, got more female attention than I would if I was dressed formal and shaven......Weird!!!!

Old 12-14-2010, 03:24 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,262,613 times
Quote:
Due to circumstances I was out on the town and not dressed or groomed to my usual standard eg. unshaven, clothes pretty casual. But got alot of female attention, even more than usual. Makes no sense to me.
First, define 'attention.' Is it just a look or are you actually being approaced and engaged in conversation with them. They mght actually be thinking you're an odd man.

If not, I totally agree with the following and most likely are more approachable. It's no different the other way around. Think about it - who would you find more approachable if it was a woman you were looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
maybe you looked more relaxed? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
I might define it as looking high maintenance.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
First, define 'attention.' Is it just a look or are you actually being approaced and engaged in conversation with them. They mght actually be thinking you're an odd man.
The works. Looking at, flirting with but mainly starting conversation with me. Helps the ratio of women to men of the City I'm currently in is nearly 4 :1 in my age bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
If not, I totally agree with the following and most likely are more approachable. It's no different the other way around. Think about it - who would you find more approachable if it was woman you were looking at?
Yeah fair enough for some people I guess, but not for me. I'm usually more likely to approach a woman if she takes a deal of effort in her presentation, without being over the top.....which I don't believe I am (over the top).

Old 12-14-2010, 04:03 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,262,613 times
Quote:
Yeah fair enough for some people I guess, but not for me. I'm usually more likely to approach a woman if she takes a deal of effort in her presentation, without being over the top.....which I don't believe I am (over the top).
The way we see ourselves is often quite different than the way other people view our appearance.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,201,212 times
Quote:

were the women that were giving you attention slobs too?

Old 12-14-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
were the women that were giving you attention slobs too?
Nope, most certaintly weren't, but thanks for your concern

Old 12-14-2010, 03:52 PM

4,539 posts, read 8,365,287 times
Quote:

Forget it. Don't even try to think of figuring them out. You never will

Old 12-14-2010, 06:28 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,726,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Forget it. Don't even try to think of figuring them out. You never will
People will crack AES-256 encryption before we come to understand what goes in women's minds

Have a devil-may-care attitude (and if you have a devil-may-care life that's all the better. Boast about how you "knocked up some broad" and don't send child support checks) and you'll be good to go.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:35 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,328,232 times
women like men who are extremely well dressed or very frumpy. not he who is tidy but does not stand out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships