Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 07:58 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Like, why is it that when a woman wants her man to beat up on somebody that has said somethin negative to her, instead of her just ignoring it and walkin away with her mate than just buck-up their husbands or boyfriends to physically assault that person.
Because they are controlling, manipulative, and have low self esteem and need to feel protected and validated that they were right in the given situation. I had this happen to me about 5 years ago when i was in a subdivision and this woman was in her car sitting in the middle of the road in her car doing something like catching up on her journaling or texting on her phone. I sat there and waited perhaps 30 seconds then tapped the horn twice so she would see she was blocking traffic. She didnt move. Finally, i shouted out the window fairly calmly for her to pull over so i could get past. Still she sat there. I said it again only louder and she finally moved over . I drove slightly ahead and pulled into a parking spot. She goes inside her condo and out comes the husband stomping over to my car and we have a civil exchange of words in which i described what took place . After a minute or so, he accuses me of being in a hurry and acting beligerant with his wife. I said 'Look, ive told you the way it went down and im done talking with you' . He turned and went back inside. It was sort of like the guy was caught between a rock and a hard place having to just passify his wife who was in the wrong (and obviously insecure) .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 09:40 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Because they are controlling, manipulative, and have low self esteem and need to feel protected and validated that they were right in the given situation. I had this happen to me about 5 years ago when i was in a subdivision and this woman was in her car sitting in the middle of the road in her car doing something like catching up on her journaling or texting on her phone. I sat there and waited perhaps 30 seconds then tapped the horn twice so she would see she was blocking traffic. She didnt move. Finally, i shouted out the window fairly calmly for her to pull over so i could get past. Still she sat there. I said it again only louder and she finally moved over . I drove slightly ahead and pulled into a parking spot. She goes inside her condo and out comes the husband stomping over to my car and we have a civil exchange of words in which i described what took place . After a minute or so, he accuses me of being in a hurry and acting beligerant with his wife. I said 'Look, ive told you the way it went down and im done talking with you' . He turned and went back inside. It was sort of like the guy was caught between a rock and a hard place having to just passify his wife who was in the wrong (and obviously insecure) .
Huh! What a trip

Old 11-22-2010, 10:05 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Like, why is it that when a woman wants her man to beat up on somebody that has said somethin negative to her, instead of her just ignoring it and walkin away with her mate than just buck-up their husbands or boyfriends to physically assault that person.

And not just the person that calls her names but, also when she can't get what she wants from this person who can't get it like; If she's at a store and she's trying to find something but, can't get it then she asks a sales clerk for it but, the clerk tells her that they do not have it, but she refuses to listen and just calls her boyfriend or husband to make the clerk get something what she wants even though they do not have it. Instead, of her just leavin' and finding it next time at another store.

An as of me, i wouldn't do that for my girlfriend if i had or have a girlfriend by just using physical assault to solve problems for her especially if their pity, by just walkin away and forgettin' about it.
Women want a macho... not all the time but when they want the macho to come out they want it to come out...

Other times they want someone they can boss around.... or maybe that's all the time.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
I have absolutely no desire for Hubby to beat up anyone who insults me. I am perfectly capable of telling the boorish person who does so to go and take a running leap off a very high cliff myself. I am quite happy if Hubby also gave them a lashing of the tongue but I do not believe violence is a sexy attribute in a man.

I personally find it repellent how some people are so eager to get their fists out everytime a perceived insult is hurled at them. Generally speaking morons like those are just as bad as those who find it fun to provoke anger in others.

I don't want Hubby to beat anyone unless I am being physically abused , in which case if it means saving my bacon yes it does become acceptable in my eyes. In any other circumstances I find it more than adequate for him to defend my honour with words , after I have defended my own if possible.

But I prefer a man who walks away from trouble when he can then one who jumps into it feet first at the first provocation.

Men with brains and able to fight back insults with sarcasm and wit are far more sexy than those with big fists. To me anyway.

Any woman who likes a man who fights over her is not a woman but an immature, irresponsible idiot.

Maybe the OP needs to meet more women and less petulant little princesses.

I have not lost a "fight" ( verbal that is) once yet , that I am aware of. Humiliation is the best revenge and beating up someone who is churlish enough to insult you with a great come-back is incredibly satisfying. Make him/her look like an idiot ( espcially in front of friends) without having to draw blood. That to me has merit.

I never curse so I have to be a lot more creative and controlled than my opponent . Hubby has often told me that often he will wait to see me "explode" over someone who has been rude, disrespectful and obnoxious. It takes a lot to provoke me but when I am done usually the other person realises it was a big mistake.

He always tells me he can see the "signals" ( apparently I start smiling in a special way) and simply stands aside and enjoys the show... I tend to be far more irate when disrespect has been shown to someone else actually. I tend to regard people who insult you on a whim as irrelevent, pathetic worms and find it often beneath me to even take the bait. It depends on the circumstances but more often than not what will bug someone the most is if you simply walk away and ignore them. Bullies cannot stand to be ignored, the worst thing in the world to them is to show them you could not give a monkey's bare behind about their ill conveived idiotic behaviour.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:28 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
I'd like to see a man tell his woman to go beat up another woman because she said something negative to him.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:39 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I have absolutely no desire for Hubby to beat up anyone who insults me. I am perfectly capable of telling the boorish person who does so to go and take a running leap off a very high cliff myself. I am quite happy if Hubby also gave them a lashing of the tongue but I do not believe violence is a sexy attribute in a man.

I personally find it repellent how some people are so eager to get their fists out everytime a perceived insult is hurled at them. Generally speaking morons like those are just as bad as those who find it fun to provoke anger in others.

I don't want Hubby to beat anyone unless I am being physically abused , in which case if it means saving my bacon yes it does become acceptable in my eyes. In any other circumstances I find it more than adequate for him to defend my honour with words , after I have defended my own if possible.

But I prefer a man who walks away from trouble when he can then one who jumps into it feet first at the first provocation.

Men with brains and able to fight back insults with sarcasm and wit are far more sexy than those with big fists. To me anyway.

Any woman who likes a man who fights over her is not a woman but an immature, irresponsible idiot.

Maybe the OP needs to meet more women and less petulant little princesses.

I have not lost a "fight" ( verbal that is) once yet , that I am aware of. Humiliation is the best revenge and beating up someone who is churlish enough to insult you with a great come-back is incredibly satisfying. Make him/her look like an idiot ( espcially in front of friends) without having to draw blood. That to me has merit.

I never curse so I have to be a lot more creative and controlled than my opponent . Hubby has often told me that often he will wait to see me "explode" over someone who has been rude, disrespectful and obnoxious. It takes a lot to provoke me but when I am done usually the other person realises it was a big mistake.

He always tells me he can see the "signals" ( apparently I start smiling in a special way) and simply stands aside and enjoys the show... I tend to be far more irate when disrespect has been shown to someone else actually. I tend to regard people who insult you on a whim as irrelevent, pathetic worms and find it often beneath me to even take the bait. It depends on the circumstances but more often than not what will bug someone the most is if you simply walk away and ignore them. Bullies cannot stand to be ignored, the worst thing in the world to them is to show them you could not give a monkey's bare behind about their ill conveived idiotic behaviour.
Kudos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships