Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:04 AM

469 posts, read 1,256,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
In short, you were used.
It takes two to tango. Saying she was "used" is only looking at half the equation. Relationship dramas are rarely one-sided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 11:17 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Are you freaking insane? Do you have any judgment whatsoever?

I mean, assuming that you're not making this incident up whole cloth, what on earth have you been thinking to get you into this predicament? It sounds as if you make one God awful decision after another in your life. So, for a change, consider doing the exact opposite of what you're inclined to do.

Just tell the police (The U.S., not the Mexicans) that your car was stolen. In any event, even if you find an honest Mexican cop, he'll be too busy with drug kingpins to deal with your car. There's nothing you have that is worth going back over the border for. If you do, then you're an idiot.
It almost seems that way. (Made up story that is)

A lot of Mexico is not like the border area, it's safe enough but still not worth it. You can go to the police to try to get the car back but they may or may not be able to do so.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:28 AM

Isn't it about time we heard from the OP 'recuerdeme'? It's been three weeks since her last reply here on December 1, 2010.

Yet on December 22, 2010, despite claims of abuse, etc., she initiated a new post elsewhere: Following your illegal to Mexico

Are we being played???

Old 12-24-2010, 11:36 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
I've been dealing with relationships as a professional psychic for over twenty years. I've heard this story more times than I can count. You've given him total control as the money giver always gives control to the receiver. You would think the opposite; but this is how it works. Also, rejection is the strongest aphrodisiac. You'll go back and let hin know you're sorry. He'll take you back...for now.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:53 PM

124 posts, read 529,665 times
This is without a doubt pure BS. The op never says where her "BF" is from, or how does she got her car legally into Mexican soil. Reading her posts she suffers some kind of personality disorder or is just plainly playing with the forum.

What kind of "Mexican macho" does her man is that she refuses to leave him even the relationship is so one-sided? Is he too handsome, or too well endowed or a magical lover or what the heck that you cannot find someone better near your home?

For all of the people who thinks that every Mexican is as hollywood portraits them let me tell you.

A guy who hits a woman is not well looked upon by Mexican society.
Is almost a lower class cultural thing. Believe it or not, there are some states where a woman rights are better recognized than others and law is applied to the offenders quickly. Some women are affraid to ask for help but most are raised thinking that they are stuck with their partners and is their obligation to bear with it. There are ONGs fighthing for women rights in several major cities and they are growing.

Every story has two sides. and the op´s side is soo ridiculous that I cannot help but feel sorry for her. Not because what she says happened to her, but for her lack of dignity, self respect or mental sanity.

PS: I´m a 45 y/o Mexican male who never EVER even tried to hurt a woman not physically nor verbally, so not all Mexican men are like that. There are also Mexican guys hurt by their women A lot more than you can imagine. If I dare touch my wife, she without any doubt would touch me back... and hard!

Old 12-30-2010, 01:47 AM

The OP is not a woman. The OP is a male, in a same-sex relationship. This is a 15+ month relationship marathon, well-documented in this forum by the 'hurt' OP. I believe that the OP has distorted much info and has exaggerated what actually may have happened, or written in a way that would omit or greatly skew the account. I believe the OP probably incited or fueled most of the drama that he reports, while feeling rejected and powerless. Reading the many posts, there were strong signs from the SO (significant other) a year ago that the SO had lost interest in this relationship, against the strong wishes and attempts by the OP to control the situation. The OP was unwilling to accept rejection. The SO seems to have been sincere in repeatedly expressing his disinterest directly to the OP; the SO finally became frustrated by the OP's persistent, dramatic, and indiscreet confrontations that would not be perceived well within Hispanic cultures. I can imagine why the SO returned to Mexico voluntarily, and has tried to avoid the OP. The OP seems to have delusions that he can coerce the SO to continue the relationship, and followed the SO to Mexico. The OP mercilessly lashes out at the SO and blames the SO for "beating" him (really???), etc., yet in a new post this month, he is asking forum participants for 'success stories' about following your 'illegal' to Mexico. The more one reads the details provided by the OP, the more bizarre this love-hate saga appears to be. It's hard to separate any shred of truth from fiction in this story. Can we expect a reply here from the OP? I wish him well, naturally, but don't like being 'played' for unwarranted sympathy in a forum. It bugs me that many, including myself, have responded mindfully to the OP, without having gotten a real, unembellished story. In the course of 15 months, I've seen no progress or commitment to change by the OP – just more escalating drama and victim racket. Ho hum.

Last edited by stevenvillatoro; 12-30-2010 at 02:04 AM..

Old 12-30-2010, 01:57 AM

124 posts, read 529,665 times
Thanks for the clarification Steven. Now, the only thing that I can say is:

To each its own then. Or like we use to say here in Mexico: "Cada quien su cola"

Old 12-30-2010, 02:28 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
I had my suspicions that the OP was male when he started saying he was sending money to his boyfriend. Usually, it's the men who are most likely to do that.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:23 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I had my suspicions that the OP was male when he started saying he was sending money to his boyfriend. Usually, it's the men who are most likely to do that.
At the risk of starting an all out gender war------------here in west Tennessee I see ALOT, and I Do mean ALOT of Mexican men being financially taken care of by women. Fat,white women! I dont know if these women feel its the best they can do or what. Go to the filling station. She pays for the gas. Go to the liquor store. She pays for the booze. Go to a fast food joint. She pays for the grub. It doesnt bother me a hoot about the fact he is Mexican and she isnt. But it bothers me greatly if she believes the only way she can have a man is to be his sugar mama.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:39 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
At the risk of starting an all out gender war------------here in west Tennessee I see ALOT, and I Do mean ALOT of Mexican men being financially taken care of by women. Fat,white women! I dont know if these women feel its the best they can do or what. Go to the filling station. She pays for the gas. Go to the liquor store. She pays for the booze. Go to a fast food joint. She pays for the grub. It doesnt bother me a hoot about the fact he is Mexican and she isnt. But it bothers me greatly if she believes the only way she can have a man is to be his sugar mama.
I have no reason to disbelieve you. I didn't know anything about it. However, I noticed also that the OP was going to put in new tiles and was sending money and doing other things that amount to more money than just a meal or a full tank of gas. I don't know if the women spend more money on these men that you speak of, but the men that I've usually been told of usually spend amounts in the thousands when going into Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships