Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 AM

3 posts, read 3,972 times

Advertisements

3 months ago I was out in a club with my mates and I've met a guy which I liked but we just had a little chat and he dissapeared in the crowd.
Next morning, I had a friend request from him on Facebook.My best mate said he has asked her about me and said he will add me cause I am adorabe and cute.
I accepted him, but we didn't start talking right on.We were silent for a month untill he posted a song and "I liked it", and he said 'hello' next time I signed in.
We started talking and we decided to meet and have a coffee.But, he called me and he said he is going to another country for 2 months cause thats part of his job.He travells all the time.
While he was away, we talked on Facebook and Skype.I noticed we are very different.I am calm and I like to think , and he is polite , but he likes showing off and most of his exes were blondes, you know lol.
Anyway,he was making plans what will we do when he comes back.It seemed that I am pretty important to him, cause at some level he was acting like I'm his girlfriend, although we didnt even met again after that night in the club.
When he came back, he called me same day when he landed, but he seemed sad cause his boss told him in a week he is going to another country in other continent and he will stay there 8 months.
We meet for a coffee , and it was pretty tensed cause he seemed a bit shy and I was cold and confused, cause he didn't act like he acted on Skype, although I know it is different.
He mentioned that he likes his job a lot, but one big disadvantage is that he cant have a normal relationship, cause no one will wait for him while he travels.I told him that I don't know how those kind of relationship work, but they do and I smiled.
After an hour ,We hugged said :bye and he said he will call.I like him, but I had a bad feeling in my stomach like it didnt went too well, from both sides.And especially not well, cause he will travel all the time.
Next day , he was online on Facebook and I said hi but again the convo was weird.I felt its weird.
Its been 4 days after the date and he is not calling yet.And, in the meantime he acted like he likes me a lot.
I don't know if I should call or what to do.I dont wanna call,and I dont like the waiting, cause it seemed things will be okay when he will come back.
I like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 08:47 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
I honestly don't think it sounds very promising given what you've described. Not only is there the difficulty with his job which involves being gone for months, there also seems to be a lack of clear communication which leaves you unsure of what his motivations are or if there is even any future in pursuing any sort of relationship.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:26 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.

Stop making excuses for a man and his behaviour.
Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.

Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to
be.
Slower is better.

Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly
happy.

If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you
deserve
then heck no, you can't "be friends". A friend wouldn't mistreat a
friend.

Don't settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he
probably
is.

Don't stay because you think "it will get better." You'll be mad at
yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.

~~~
Generic advice but sometimes a quick review is like splashing cold water on your face. Work seems to be his priority at present?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:52 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
If you like him, you should call him.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
If you like him, you should call him.
It's a toss up.

'After an hour ,We hugged said :bye and he said he will call.I like him, but I had a bad feeling in my stomach like it didnt went too well, from both sides.And especially not well, cause he will travel all the time.
Next day , he was online on Facebook and I said hi but again the convo was weird.I felt its weird.
Its been 4 days after the date and he is not calling yet.And, in the meantime he acted like he likes me a lot.
I don't know if I should call or what to do.I dont wanna call,and I dont like the waiting, cause it seemed things will be okay when he will come back.
I like him. '

I would vote for allowing him to make the next contact. If she calls him will he feel she is 'pushing'?

That never seems to work out too well. I just don't know.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
It's a toss up.

'After an hour ,We hugged said :bye and he said he will call.I like him, but I had a bad feeling in my stomach like it didnt went too well, from both sides.And especially not well, cause he will travel all the time.
I like him. '

I would vote for allowing him to make the next contact. If she calls him will he feel she is 'pushing'?

That never seems to work out too well. I just don't know.
There's no definite answer for that. I would never think I girl I like is being pushy for calling me in a situation like this, but that's just me. I also have no idea what most guys would think.

Like I said, If she likes him, she should call.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
There's no definite answer for that. I would never think I girl I like is being pushy for calling me in a situation like this, but that's just me. I also have no idea what most guys would think.

Like I said, If she likes him, she should call.
I agree but, if you 'like a girl' why wouldn't you call her?

Sadly, from other information in the OP it sounds like she's not much of a priority to him--I'd rather be the callee than the caller--that's just me.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 12-04-2010 at 01:46 PM..

Old 12-04-2010, 02:00 PM

3 posts, read 3,972 times
Well, from (online) conversations we had on Skype before he came back he was changing his mood from sweetest to cold, not coldest.But, he was in Africa, where things aren't even similar like here and life was pretty hard for him.And,some days he was really sad and lost cause it is his first trip in a poor country where nothing is a rule.And, I was being supportive and I started liking him although I didnt like him too much in the start.
And, it felt that I am always there for him cause my job is easy and I have a lot of spare time, but he was the one making the plans,what will happen and I was just smiling knowing not everything goes like it is planned.But, I just liked it, him and things cause havent a normal relationship last year and he seemed like a good guy for me, for every girl.
I don't mind making the next move or being the one who will call first, but as I said I said hi on Facebook, we talked but I felt him being a bit cold.But, I said k, maybe he is busy again or having a bad day.I also texted him the night when the date happened telling him he has a sweet voice still, and he texted back saying :You too .Good night
But, being online the first time and again he isnt saying hi, somehow I am afraid to call.Call it a girly thing, but I am really scared of the possible failure.
My best friend who is a male said that cause he travells all the time, he could meet me couple of times while he is here, make things unserious, eveen have sex with me then go telling me not to expect anything, but the thing he is not calling might mean something else, that he is scared or confused or something very different.
I don't know

Old 12-04-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I agree but, if you 'like a girl' why wouldn't you call her?
I really don't know. May be I wouldn't call her if I get the impression that she doesn't like me as much as I like her, Maybe not. Maybe she has given him the impression that she's not quite comfortable with the fact he travels a lot, and she could easily ditch me for that reason if they do start something. Maybe he feels his interest isn't being reciprocated. There are so many possible legit reasons. None of my assumptions might even be remotely close to the reason, lol.

At the end of day, what does she have to lose by calling him and clearing things up?

Last edited by Raging-Hetero; 12-04-2010 at 02:54 PM..

Old 12-04-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ania_loves View Post
Well, from (online) conversations we had on Skype before he came back he was changing his mood from sweetest to cold, not coldest.But, he was in Africa, where things aren't even similar like here and life was pretty hard for him.And,some days he was really sad and lost cause it is his first trip in a poor country where nothing is a rule.And, I was being supportive and I started liking him although I didnt like him too much in the start.
And, it felt that I am always there for him cause my job is easy and I have a lot of spare time, but he was the one making the plans,what will happen and I was just smiling knowing not everything goes like it is planned.But, I just liked it, him and things cause havent a normal relationship last year and he seemed like a good guy for me, for every girl.
I don't mind making the next move or being the one who will call first, but as I said I said hi on Facebook, we talked but I felt him being a bit cold.But, I said k, maybe he is busy again or having a bad day.I also texted him the night when the date happened telling him he has a sweet voice still, and he texted back saying :You too .Good night
But, being online the first time and again he isnt saying hi, somehow I am afraid to call.Call it a girly thing, but I am really scared of the possible failure.
My best friend who is a male said that cause he travells all the time, he could meet me couple of times while he is here, make things unserious, eveen have sex with me then go telling me not to expect anything, but the thing he is not calling might mean something else, that he is scared or confused or something very different.
I don't know
I think it's best to wait.

I'm certainly no expert on men but since you know he has had other girlfriends then that indicates he is able to find support of some sort if he needs/wants it.

To me, sending an email --short--'Haven't heard from you--how are things going', etc would be less of a risk than a phone call. Then if he wants to get in touch--fine and if he doesn't --then that's that.

I certainly don't know much--inclined to be a supportive person and had that backfire a few times, fwiw.

?Let it go and if it was meant to be it will come back to you.?

I just don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships