Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:28 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times

Advertisements

Folks, I'm at a loss. My husband will NOT stop playing with it. I wake up earlier than he does and when I go back into the bedroom to see if he's up yet, there he is, his eyes barely open but he's reaching for it already. He gets defensive and says it's harmless fun.

I'm almost positive he even plays with it in the bathroom. No guy takes THAT long in the bathroom. And I mean it's not like he just got it yesterday. He's had it for a while, 'k? What's the ongoing fascination????

I told him he's going to overuse it but he laughed at me and said he's sure he's got a few years left on it, anyway. I'm not so sure. He brags that it's just as good as the younger ones out there but I think that's wishful thinking. He needs to go EASY on that thing or it WILL break down eventually and then what will he have left? I tell him it's NOT like the thing came with a warranty!!

And what's *really* worrisome to me is that lately, I'll ask if I can play with it too, just for a little while, and sometimes he'll sort of let me but other times he just says he's busy right now and can't I just ask later or something?

Obviously, I'm speaking of his iPhone. Oh won't somebody please help? The situation is dire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 11:33 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Folks, I'm at a loss. My husband will NOT stop playing with it. I wake up earlier than he does and when I go back into the bedroom to see if he's up yet, there he is, his eyes barely open but he's reaching for it already. He gets defensive and says it's harmless fun.

I'm almost positive he even plays with it in the bathroom. No guy takes THAT long in the bathroom. And I mean it's not like he just got it yesterday. He's had it for a while, 'k? What's the ongoing fascination????

I told him he's going to overuse it but he laughed at me and said he's sure he's got a few years left on it, anyway. I'm not so sure. He brags that it's just as good as the younger ones out there but I think that's wishful thinking. He needs to go EASY on that thing or it WILL break down eventually and then what will he have left? I tell him it's NOT like the thing came with a warranty!!

And what's *really* worrisome to me is that lately, I'll ask if I can play with it too, just for a little while, and sometimes he'll sort of let me but other times he just says he's busy right now and can't I just ask later or something?

Obviously, I'm speaking of his iPhone. Oh won't somebody please help? The situation is dire.
You, rascal! We don't talk about friggin' iPhones on this forum!

Old 12-09-2010, 11:35 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
It's mine, mine, mine...and you can't touch it, you might break it.

5,077 posts, read 14,648,464 times
LMAO... I totally thought you were talking about.... the remote control.. HA! No,just teasing... well the iPhone IS fascinating! I have an iPod touch and I love that thing!!! I don't take mine to bed though.. hmm... LOL... I say tell your hubby to either let you in on the fun or you're going to get your own!

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Cute!!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,274,376 times
And there I was, assuming you were talking about his Wii.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's mine, mine, mine...and you can't touch it, you might break it.
Oh my gosh, this is EXACTLY the feeling I get. I mean he'll be like "Ohhhhhhhhhhh...kay" if I ask and I'll go, "Am I touching the right things?" and he'll go "How about there...well...you know what? Never mind" and he'll look all disappointed. Then for the rest of the time that I'm working away at it he looks like he just wishes it were over and he could handle it himself again.

Marriage is hard sometimes.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
And there I was, assuming you were talking about his Wii.
The Wii isn't so bad because at least we can do that two-player. I feel less lonely that way.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:43 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,642,213 times
I play with it all day!, and I sleep with it at night.

IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

Jonathan

Old 12-09-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I play with it all day!, and I sleep with it at night.

IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

Jonathan
"Up...all...night/Wii all day"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships