Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,146 times

Advertisements

i'm 22 (almost 23) he is 44. He is very very wealthy but I also come from wealthy family ( but not rich as he is). I'm not some bimbo type of girl actually i am a 3rd year law student. I didn't know he was so rich when we met. For me he is very attractive- but people have different tastes so some won't find him attractive. Now my problem is that nobody believes me that i really like him (not for $).
Would you believe that 22 year younger girl likes some man- even if he is not attractive to brad pittish standards.
I don't care but sometimes it goes on my nervs some rude comments.
ps. sorry for english- it is not my firts language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 04:17 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
There's alot of envy inside some people's hearts. Tell them to mind their own business.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:52 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,171,437 times
I had an uncle that was 20 yrs older then my aunt.
They were married for over 35 yrs until my uncles death.
The downside was that my aunt lived for many years as a widow.
But they had a good life while they were together.
She never remarried.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:01 AM

563 posts, read 1,499,078 times
I just turned 25 and my husband just turned 42. Sometimes love just happens.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:16 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Live your life for you, and don't worry about what people think. If you love him, isn't that really all that matters?

Old 12-23-2010, 05:28 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotta22 View Post
i'm 22 (almost 23) he is 44. He is very very wealthy but I also come from wealthy family ( but not rich as he is). I'm not some bimbo type of girl actually i am a 3rd year law student. I didn't know he was so rich when we met. For me he is very attractive- but people have different tastes so some won't find him attractive. Now my problem is that nobody believes me that i really like him (not for $).
Would you believe that 22 year younger girl likes some man- even if he is not attractive to brad pittish standards.
i'm 49 and my wife is 48 1/2 but we're not rich. don't worry about what others say.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:28 AM

904 posts, read 2,874,043 times
While there are always examples where it works out, I would say more often than not, it doesn't. My first husband was 10 years older than I was. It worked for 10 years until I grew up and he didn't. You are 22. You don't know what you want in life. (trust me) You will change over the years. I think if you were 34 I would feel differently. But at 22 you still have a lot of growing up to do. If the two of you have a lot in common now it is because he is not a grown up. Age does not equal maturity.

Enjoy the time with him and live and learn. Just don't get married or waste your youth away with a man old enough to be your dad.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:32 AM

262 posts, read 550,389 times
Shouldnt be a problem in my opinion eventhough there might be some rude comments or youll notice some small problems. But who cares, if you love eachother thats the point.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:40 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
While there are always examples where it works out, I would say more often than not, it doesn't. My first husband was 10 years older than I was. It worked for 10 years until I grew up and he didn't. You are 22. You don't know what you want in life. (trust me) You will change over the years. I think if you were 34 I would feel differently. But at 22 you still have a lot of growing up to do. If the two of you have a lot in common now it is because he is not a grown up. Age does not equal maturity.

Enjoy the time with him and live and learn. Just don't get married or waste your youth away with a man old enough to be your dad.

And here we have the rude/intolerant comments the OP mentioned. And "don't waste your youth away with a man old enough to be your dad"... so if she were to date a guy her age, her youth wouldn't be wasted? I guess, to you, childrearing is the only point of a relationship?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:23 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotta22 View Post
First, the last thing you should be thinking about is what other people think. Life's tough enough when you're the one that's callin' the shots. Only YOU know whether this is a good fit for you. Take it from a law school dropout, (the best thing I ever did), often times the least likely matches have the best chance of staying power. And whether it's race, religion (can't believe people actually still think about these things), cultural or educational background, etc. Because, even given all of those differences, these are two people that have decided they are right for each other. In this petty, hypocritical world, unfortunately it's true, they will have to want it and work for it a little bit more. Trust your gut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships