Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:34 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,757,846 times

Advertisements

If you're basing fact upon discussions you're reading on a site like POF then best you upgrade your reading material. If you feed from the trough you'll never know what a filet mignon tastes like.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:39 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,782,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthelpreturns View Post
I've read alot of the discussions on the plenty of fish forum and the women there are constantly saying if you are unemployed or even if you just don't make alot of money, as a guy, you shouldn't be dating and are considered undateable and unfit for relationships. But for women, people just say she can go for a guy who can support her. You see there's an elephant in the room right there. That's why I asked what's wrong with that picture. Why is it that one gender is allowed to have more leeway then the other? It's sexism to me. Women get a free pass and men don't. I don't know why. I don't go around preaching all of that natural selection stuff everybody throws around because it gets to the point of being comparable to Nazism and eugenics. I don't know if I can honestly believe that men have the free will to choose between being a provider or not. The main consensus I'm still seeing from women is that if you are a lower status male, you are SOL. Maybe it's all subjective? You can ask women why they won't date certain guys, and they'll just say he's different, he's weird, but the question is what is weird defined by? Like I said, people always go back to the natural selection thing. But I think there's more to it then that. I have no doubt that our society has programmed people to what's attractive and what isn't. One thing someone told me that I agree with is, instead of letting society decide what's attractive to you, it has to come from your heart. Not what the TV says, not what your friends say, not what the world says.

Instead of really judging people from the heart and trying to accept them for who they are and love them for who they are, we instead make a decision on wether we should love them or hate them based on what the media says, based on what our friends say, based on what the world says really. I just think that's really awful.

Once you realize all the double standards, you come to realize things like more men committing suicide then women, men going to war, men having more mental illnesses, more men going to prison, more men being serial killers, etc. As much as some people would like to believe, men and women are in fact not equal at all. The dating world and the relationship world is just one of many examples.
Just read a profile like 10 minutes ago - Chick is divorced, 2 kids, no job, says she could care less about who I am as a person or what I look like as long as I make at least 100K a year Needless to say I won't be contacting her.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:41 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,611,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthelpreturns View Post
I've read alot of the discussions on the plenty of fish forum and the women there are constantly saying if you are unemployed or even if you just don't make alot of money, as a guy, you shouldn't be dating and are considered undateable and unfit for relationships. But for women, people just say she can go for a guy who can support her. You see there's an elephant in the room right there. That's why I asked what's wrong with that picture. Why is it that one gender is allowed to have more leeway then the other? It's sexism to me. Women get a free pass and men don't. I don't know why. I don't go around preaching all of that natural selection stuff everybody throws around because it gets to the point of being comparable to Nazism and eugenics. I don't know if I can honestly believe that men have the free will to choose between being a provider or not. The main consensus I'm still seeing from women is that if you are a lower status male, you are SOL. Maybe it's all subjective? You can ask women why they won't date certain guys, and they'll just say he's different, he's weird, but the question is what is weird defined by? Like I said, people always go back to the natural selection thing. But I think there's more to it then that. I have no doubt that our society has programmed people to what's attractive and what isn't. One thing someone told me that I agree with is, instead of letting society decide what's attractive to you, it has to come from your heart. Not what the TV says, not what your friends say, not what the world says.

Instead of really judging people from the heart and trying to accept them for who they are and love them for who they are, we instead make a decision on wether we should love them or hate them based on what the media says, based on what our friends say, based on what the world says really. I just think that's really awful.

Once you realize all the double standards, you come to realize things like more men committing suicide then women, men going to war, men having more mental illnesses, more men going to prison, more men being serial killers, etc. As much as some people would like to believe, men and women are in fact not equal at all. The dating world and the relationship world is just one of many examples.
Women and men have equal rights but women always have and always will have higher social value than men. It is simply, because they are capable of giving birth. From earliest days of human civilization, when tribes or nations went to war, men went to fight to death, while women and children were hidden away in caves or keeps. It wasnt only because men had more physical strength or better military training, but because a loss of a mans life meant alot less than a loss of womans life, because of her ability to reproduce. This mindset has been socialy accepted and passed on for thousands of years, even if it doesnt exactly apply in todays world. Because women have higher social value, amny men being raised today feel inadequate when dealing with the opposite sex, and many feel that they have to "earn" women. They do so by oushing down their career path, climbing corporate ladders, increasing their earning potential, buying expansive cars and designer clothing - all to impress women. How many guys feel the need to brag to a woman they just met, about the things i have listed? It is simnply because they feel inadequate and have to find ways to level the playing feild.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:54 PM

640 posts, read 1,215,420 times
One gender might NOW even be at a disadvantage, maybe they always were. Wether it's fair or not, I can't say. But I'll let you figure out which one.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:57 PM

344 posts, read 396,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
I got a question for the girls here. Would you date an unemployed guy who was actually working hard to find a job? He's also taking part in an employment service to help him out. I'm 19, so I'm talking about girls around this age range, and I'm also still living under my parents' roof.

Also, would you also even sleep with the unemployed guy your dating? I was wondering if a girl would consider it if he's unemployed (but still actively seeking work) because of the chance of pregnancy and the guy would have no job to support the accidental child...
My personal proverb has always been; Poor guys, okay. Lazy guys, not okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships