Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:14 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,610,392 times

Advertisements

Back when I was 40 I had a bad cold and took a bunch of cold medicine. I had not seen my girl friend for two weeks as I had been working out of town. The moment came and I was not responding. She asked me what was up and if I had taken anything. We figured out it was the cold medicine, she then jumped on my face and said get to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 09:17 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Back when I was 40 I had a bad cold and took a bunch of cold medicine. I had not seen my girl friend for two weeks as I had been working out of town. The moment came and I was not responding. She asked me what was up and if I had taken anything. We figured out it was the cold medicine, she then jumped on my face and said get to work.
"she jumped on my face" damn didn't that hurt?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Medical issues, alcohol/drugs, exhaustion, lack of desire, stress, aging...

How about just saying "What about them (insert local team name)?" and watching a movie together?

As was mentioned here, there are other ways to have fun without having Junior directly involved, but if it's an on-going thing then sit down and talk it out.

Sometimes even a thoroughbred has a bad day.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Every woman, at some point, finds herself in a situation where her man can't get it up. What should a woman do or say in the moment? As women, we always hear what we should never do (like criticize him) but no one advises us on what we should do or say to make him feel better about the event. Advice gents?
I think the hardest part about being in that situation, especially if it's never happened before, is not letting your personal feelings (and possible insecurity) take over and inadvertently making this about you.

I think the best thing to do if it happens is turn it into a hot & heavy make-out session or alternatively lighten it up and inject some silliness along with lots of hugs and cuddling.

if it's happening more than once, a conversation is definitely warranted, but outside the bedroom and never while it's happening.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
I've dated a younger guy with a problem. Briefly dated. Told me, it has happened in the past. We laid there and talked. I said, oh that's okay. I just thought it was the first time nerves.

I gave him another try. The soldier, well a partial show. I went home. I tried to turn him into a girlfriend. It lasted for awhile, but he wanted to have sex, so I ended it.

It doesn't matter how good you are at snake charming. If the snake is tired or a sleep, he won't proform.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 AM

3,511 posts, read 5,306,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Every woman, at some point, finds herself in a situation where her man can't get it up. What should a woman do or say in the moment? As women, we always hear what we should never do (like criticize him) but no one advises us on what we should do or say to make him feel better about the event. Advice gents?
Dead fish and fugly should look in the mirror IMO. The it's a "chore" attitude doesn't help either. It's always common to blame the dude. Sometimes things don't open up or get slippery enough either!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:48 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Dead fish and fugly should look in the mirror IMO. The it's a "chore" attitude doesn't help either. It's always common to blame the dude. Sometimes things don't open up or get slippery enough either!
Why would he be with her in the first place if she's fugly?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:52 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Could be a lot of things depending on the male.

Here are some of the possibilities (and remedies):

advanced age (over 50) = meds
alcohol consumption = sober up
enlarged prostate = meds
he isn't attracted to you anymore = regain your sexy (lose pounds, etc.)
he's cheating = dump the bas-turd/asswipe
he's tired = R&R
he's mad at you = forgive & forget
and the list goes on and on!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Why would he be with her in the first place if she's fugly?
I'm just throwing somethings out there that I have heard over the years. You know, guy to guy talk that ladies WILL NEVER HEAR ABOUT! Guys complaining about wives who doubled in weight, smell like dead fish, butched their hair all off, stuff like that! LMAO If you ladies only know what gets spoken behind closed doors, you would KILL HIM! LMAO

Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Again, I think it has more to do with the woman than ladies care to admit. How is it a heavier set gal with charisma and spunk can rev a motor, but the drop dead gorgeous one gets old softy on a regular basis? It's not always the guys fault. Don't always blame him. There, I said what all you guys wanted to say. No worries, it's what Ax does!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships