Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 10:54 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,328 times

Advertisements

In your experience, what kinds of things or qualities do you think can cause a man to feel romantically and emotionally attached to a woman? Also the other way around, as well -- what do you think it is that causes a woman to feel attached to a man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 11:12 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,471 times
It may be different for everyone. Some people make a connection through communication. I feel closer to a man if I feel he heard me. I would guess for a man he would feel closer to me too if he spoke and I listened. Talk is cheap , listening is expensive. So is respecting what is being said to you. I think consistent behaviors from either side, words matching actions showing that the other person can count on you would make a person feel close. And also doing something physical together, a walk in the park with a dog, walking around an amusement park and riding rides together, sex . . .
Less physical shared mutual experiences could bond people together too, a concert, a movie - in the theater , a show or a trip taken together. Just spending time and having fun with a person you can trust causes attachment in most people I'd guess.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:16 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,437,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
In your experience, what kinds of things or qualities do you think can cause a man to feel romantically and emotionally attached to a woman? Also the other way around, as well -- what do you think it is that causes a woman to feel attached to a man?
Pheromone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Discovery Health "What do women find attractive about a man's smell?"

Discovery Health "What do men find attractive about a woman's smell?"

Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,739 times
If he proved his love in the real life.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:25 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Spend a lot of time together (in person, preferably) and actually pay attention to each other, and this will inevitably happen. Your interactions have to be mostly good, like not being in conflict. I'm also a believer that clear and distinct roles reinforce emotional connection, but you both must value them in each other.

For me, I also need to feel safe and secure with a guy and be able to express my many emotional/feelings freely to him without him using it against me to do me harm.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
Whatever the external or physical causes, it's likely to occur if I feel happier in her presence, and want to be in her presence when I'm not. It will solidify if we do things together that help us bond.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:11 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Spend a lot of time together (in person, preferably) and actually pay attention to each other, and this will inevitably happen. Your interactions have to be mostly good, like not being in conflict. I'm also a believer that clear and distinct roles reinforce emotional connection, but you both must value them in each other.

For me, I also need to feel safe and secure with a guy and be able to express my many emotional/feelings freely to him without him using it against me to do me harm.
Not sure about the "clear and distinct roles" part because I am always striving to change and grow, and one natural consequence of that is that my role will change, so the right guy for me is one who won't try to pigeonhole me, and who will change and grow throughout his life, too.

However, I can relate to the rest of your post. Time together, positive interactions, and feeling that it's safe to express thoughts to him are very important. If I feel that someone is going to minimize my feelings on the rare occasion that I get upset enough to express them, then I'm just not going to bother. If I'm not worth your time, you're not worth mine. Same goes for men who can't admit that they might have been wrong about something or that their actions might have hurt or angered someone (not necessarily me, although yes, me, too) and can't bring themselves to say "I'm sorry."

As for men getting attached, if I wrote out what I really thought on that, I'd be proclaimed Cynic of the Year. Suffice it to say that the less ya need 'em, the more they want you to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships