Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:44 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
My preference for not having a relationship with a man in a wheelchair has nothing at all to do with worrying about him not being about to satisfy me sexually. It's more to do with all the other activities of life. My lifestyle activities are not wheelchair friendly. I can't take a man in a wheelchair out clubbing and dancing. He can't go play in racecars with me. He can't go with me when I take my dogs out for country walks. My house is not wheelchair friendly and I'm not planning on moving or remodeling it. My car isn't wheelchair friendly and when I go on roadtrips, I will not compromise my driving pleasure by driving or riding in his wheelchair van.

And just as you men whine about needing to find a woman attractive and sexy before dating her, how can you expect us to find a man in a wheelchair (or chronically unemployed) sexy or appealing as a mate? Because that's your excuse for not dating women that are fat or not perfect tens.

Seeking a platonic friendship and hiding ones physical disabilities is fine for not being upfront about it, however this wheelchair bound man was on a romantic dating site, not being fully upfront about his handicap and sending romantic "kisses" to women.

AND... if the O.P. felt misled, then she was. Now she's in the position of telling this man that she isn't interested in dating a man in a wheelchair, and being made to feel guilty about it. Again, she found his face attractive enough, but didn't care for the rest of his body... whether it was in a wheelchair of him being overweight or too short. She just doesn't find his total body package attractive enough to want to pursue a romantic relationship with. That magic just isn't there for her.

Plus he lives farther away than she stated in her profile that she wanted to date. So even if he wasn't in a wheelchair, he'd have to be extra appealing to her in some way in order for her to want to enter into a relationship with and drive the extra distance.
This is just not true. You're basing your opinions off misconceptions. Wheelchairs users can go clubbing and dancing. Look up "wheelchair dancing" on YouTube. Most paraplegics can drive, so I imagine they can race cars too. You can get a wheelchair friendly car. It's called hand controls. I suggest you educate yourself more on disability before writing off all disabled people.

If you don't want to date a wheelie, just say so. Don't come up with excuses. Don't make up things that aren't even true. If you're not attracted to wheelies, that's fine. Just be honest with yourself and others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 03:27 AM

2 posts, read 809 times
Oh, come on now! What makes backing out because the other party is in a wheelchair any different than backing out of that first date because the person picks their nose, or talks with a lisp, or has an obnoxious laugh or two kids, or has been divorced 2 x or is bisexual...no difference. All people go thru the selection process, one by one, trying to find that compatible mate. How is being handicapped any different from any of the other conditions? Cause you are thoroughly prejudiced????!!!!!! Get real...this is REAL life!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships