Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 12:12 PM

774 posts, read 906,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Since few men are biting...

My husband considers himself above average and confident. He thinks a better looking guy is "attractive" and has "admiration" for their looks, even if they are in competition for the same girl.
"Admiration" for the better looking guy's looks?

Is like admiring someone for winning the lottery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 12:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milarche81 View Post
What I would like to know “honestly” is if less attractive males who consider other males more attractive automatically dislike or don’t attempt to build a friendship with the other more sexually attractive male because they may consider them competition? Even though that other more attractive male may have a partner. If no, how about less attractive males who are not confident at all, how do they perceive the more aesthetically appealing male. When replying, please classify yourself as either being attractive or unattractive, confident or unconfident. Does anyone believe that a person may dislike another of the same sex automatically because of their superior looks? not accounting for personality. Tell me your experience...
I consider myself an average looking male.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:07 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Im a little envious only because my best friend is a real good lookign guy who ive seen women throw themslves at my whole life while an unattractive guy like me has faced nothing but reejction so i do envy him and wonder how much easier it would be for me if i looked like him..

Old 04-09-2014, 05:13 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Like others have already mentioned, and female posters even agreed, we don’t really care much about how other men look while women do care about how other women look compared to them. Maybe there are guys who may feel a bit of competition if they go out with guys who are more financially well-off (better car, more bling, etc.). It makes sense between the sexes since, like it or not, a woman’s looks is what a man initially finds attractive while women may find a man in a good financial status more attractive than one who is broke. Sure sure sure, there are exceptions on both cases.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:49 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Guys are more jealous of another mans power(socially or economically)then looks

Old 04-11-2014, 07:38 PM

132 posts, read 117,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Guys are more jealous of another mans power(socially or economically)then looks
Who's the most popular or has the most money isn't always it. Who's the best looking isn't it either. "That" guy always knows who he is and where he stands with ordinary or common men at all times. He can smell their jealousy, fear and resentment. The other guys always say..."oh ship there he is again!" Whether they admit that or not remains to be seen.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:13 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milarche81 View Post
What I would like to know “honestly” is if less attractive males who consider other males more attractive automatically dislike or don’t attempt to build a friendship with the other more sexually attractive male because they may consider them competition? Even though that other more attractive male may have a partner. If no, how about less attractive males who are not confident at all, how do they perceive the more aesthetically appealing male. When replying, please classify yourself as either being attractive or unattractive, confident or unconfident. Does anyone believe that a person may dislike another of the same sex automatically because of their superior looks? not accounting for personality. Tell me your experience...
It depends on the male... An insecure man is likely to find any other man a threat due to what he perceives about the man.

I consider myself average, but I have had quite a few women tell me that I am good looking. Most of my male friends are okay about it, we don't get hung up on anything. However, there is one "friend" who always seems to be trying to pick a fight with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships