Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:11 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
what women like this their own business. such questions stem from insecurity.
So why did you pose the question??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 10:40 AM

3,511 posts, read 5,307,599 times
Quote:
one such example is why women question men's liking of big boobs.

Why is this so? is it because less endowed women feel insecure? How can some innocent men's liking/proclivity affect you so?
No, I never have that problem from MY type! In fact THEY know THEY are my type. It's a weakness I have had for years. If you don't fit it.......... well that's probably why you lash out. Jealousy is a b*tch! LOL
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...iw=945&bih=449

Old 01-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Ahhhhh!!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAZgL...eature=related

Old 01-22-2011, 11:03 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,531 times
Quote:
what defines questionable tastes? Is there any objective yardstick to measure the value of an opinion or liking?
Men tend to be very physical. We place altogether too much emphasis on appearances.

Women are also very physical but not as much as men.

I have not seen stats showing that physical attractiveness makes people better partners.....even sexually. If attractive people had more sex, then the world would be populated by attractive people.

I'm pretty physical myself. I also consider that a character weakness.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:20 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Why do guys come on here and ask if women are attracted to money, height, large penises, etc?

I'd wager that most of the questions that people ask in regards to attractiveness are to try to get a guage one what the "man/woman on the street" is looking for in general.

For instance, if someone knows that most women find it unattractive to try to start a conversation with how you just finally finished watching the DVD set of your favorite anime series, they may feel disinclined to do this the next time they're out. They'll likely want to know what they should use as a conversation starter in place of this.

When someone "questions" another's taste, as in they opine that someone's taste is poor, or is a bad idea, or judgement call, they're probably looking to start a dialogue, either with people who agree, or with people who disagree. Could be because they want to learn more about the opposite viewpoint.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
Men tend to be very physical. We place altogether too much emphasis on appearances.

Women are also very physical but not as much as men.

I have not seen stats showing that physical attractiveness makes people better partners.....even sexually. If attractive people had more sex, then the world would be populated by attractive people.

I'm pretty physical myself. I also consider that a character weakness.
I'm extremely physical as well, and I don't necessarily view it as a weakness or a character flaw, so much as my reality. I tried, time and again, to have relations with women whom I only found mildly attractive, because we got along swimmingly.

It just wasn't fair to either of us. Because I liked them as a person, I couldn't stand seeing them in a situation in which she was in a relationship with someone that couldn't take her for all that she was; the fact that I was that guy made it all the worse!

I have certain preferences in terms of ethnicity and body type that, for whatever reason, I simply cannot put aside. I've tried; doesn't work. Attractiveness may not lead to better sex per se, but if there's no attraction, I don't see how the situation can be pleasant physically.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:51 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Why do guys come on here and ask if women are attracted to money, height, large penises, etc?

I'd wager that most of the questions that people ask in regards to attractiveness are to try to get a guage one what the "man/woman on the street" is looking for in general.

For instance, if someone knows that most women find it unattractive to try to start a conversation with how you just finally finished watching the DVD set of your favorite anime series, they may feel disinclined to do this the next time they're out. They'll likely want to know what they should use as a conversation starter in place of this.

When someone "questions" another's taste, as in they opine that someone's taste is poor, or is a bad idea, or judgement call, they're probably looking to start a dialogue, either with people who agree, or with people who disagree. Could be because they want to learn more about the opposite viewpoint.
OK...I just spent about 10 minutes looking for female commentary on large penises. I didn't find any. I do recall one bold poster recently informing us of her preferences however.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
OK...I just spent about 10 minutes looking for female commentary on large penises. I didn't find any. I do recall one bold poster recently informing us of her preferences however.
More what I meant was that men will periodically ask questions in regards to what women want, and I've seen the big P come up as a conversation here and other places from men. Aaaanyways...

Old 01-22-2011, 12:35 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
It annoys me. Why? Because it's usually the *single* men going on and on about how important a big rack is on a woman and then in the next breath crying about how they can't find anyone of quality. I think if these men weren't' so shallow they'd find a quality partner.
Some of us would like to just be with you and just love you; whenever we have enough money.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Some of us would like to just be with you and just love you; whenever we have enough money.
Nah, just be a brunette with some specialized talent (ie music, cars or SOMETHING COOL or interesting) and you HAVE done it! Musicians like Suzanna always have it made in the shade!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships