Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 03:31 AM

896 posts, read 1,854,161 times

Advertisements

My mother actually left him. She can't remember his birthday but she thinks it's in August and we suspect he might be a Leo. I don't know how to look it up. I've looked at all the people search type websites and most want money. I'm feeling like I might as well cough it up for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 02:22 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Tob, that is a tricky position to put yourself into.
It is hard with family around who may say something. However, it is that very family that can probably give your the information you want. I would not be so quick to brush them off. Perhaps they want to help and have come into your life at this time to do so. From what you say, they have approached you and thus making (late as it may be) an effort to connect with you. If you give them some of your time, maybe then you will find out more about them and be more comfortable with them and that could lead to accomplishing your goal. They could be the very thing you need.
Maybe the brother can give you a birthdate? Asking him may poke at his curiosity and you can use that as the open door to say 'well- I want to know where he is - without him knowing - so I can decide on my own if I want to meet him' ....and that information will help in your locating efforts.
You never know- get in good with that side of the family and maybe they would be the ones to give you a discreet call saying 'hey, he just came by for a visit...says he's been in blah-blah, and has no idea you are here and no one has told him either'

Much luck with that....I hope you get it figured out.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:58 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
There's you ticket, being nosey and not being nosey: tell his relatives you've never so much have sent your Dad a birthday card, and you'd like to send him one on his next birthday.

Even if they don't know his whereabouts, they might just release info unwittingly, like: His birthday is August 15, he'll be 49, but we don't have an address for him.

By gleaning that info, putting it side-by-side with your mother's placements, you might get a clue or two as to why this marriage was dissolved, what prompted your mother to leave him. I believe your mother is a Leo, right? and the Fixed signs generally hang in there with their partners, thru thick-or-thin, generally noted for their loyalty, and there must have been a solid good reason she left him.

Last edited by tijlover; 05-12-2011 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: add line

Old 08-30-2011, 07:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
I found a very interesting site I wanted to share. It intertwines Jung's psychology, philosophy, and astrology explaining the different psychological types.

As Jung has shown in Psychological Types, (1) the apparently extraordinary fact that people do tend to fall into certain groupings by temperament has long been a preoccupation of medicine, philosophy, and the arts. Before that, it was the preoccupation of astrology, which offers what is perhaps our earliest description of typology. It Is consequently not surprising - except to certain schools of psychology which insist that we are wholly creatures of heredity and environment - that Jung's four function types fit hand-in-glove with astrology's ancient division of the four elements. It is not a case of one being explained away by, or derived from, the other; rather, each is a distinct way of describing the empiric observation of the same phenomenon.

Relating - Air, Water, Earth, Fire - The Psychological Types

I've found the above to be true in the explanation of many phenomena. It's almost hilarious that people may basically believe in the same thing, but frown upon each other because of the way this same knowledge has been obtained.

I'll post this on one of the astrological threads, too, because some of the audience is different, just as I mentioned.

P.S. I posted it originally on the Myers Briggs thread.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:50 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Psychics and tarot readers, they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Psychics and tarot readers, they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.
Well, I would expect from them to be able to predict the future. That's not what astrology is about...

Old 08-30-2011, 08:02 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, I would expect from them to be able to predict the future. That's not what astrology is about...
They can read past, present and future. You would expect a nugget of information, something about the future. I don't go anymore.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
They can read past, present and future. You would expect a nugget of information, something about the future. I don't go anymore.
Perhaps there are some good ones I neither know nor can afford, but I've been disappointed in the few I've tried. First of all, they know people turn to them when they're in major distress... that's not hard to tell... The only time I saw a tarot reader, I did get the Burning Tower, though... Not that I didn't know what was going on... Of course, she offered to "help," but I didn't trust her. Besides, I wasn't even sure I was really that interested in the potential reversal of the situation...

There was a prophet back home I never saw who was getting visitors like heads of governments from abroad and all kinds of celebrities, though. Maybe some are not full of it...

Old 08-31-2011, 05:08 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,719 times
I put astrology and all that crap in the same category as religion and faith in supernatural things...non sensical and not worth my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships