Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 05:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Ladies, how many of you like to date Saudi Arabian guys who look like Osama Bin Laden?

I don't date them because I am not attracted to them... does that make me racist?
I don't go for the Osama look either I don't really care for a lot of facial hair on men, but I'm not going to say I won't date ANY Saudi Arabian guys, because that would be racist.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:23 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'm not going to say I won't date ANY Saudi Arabian guys, because that would be racist.
But they don’t attract me physically.

I don’t want to date Asian men either because they do nothing for me.

Do these things make me racist???

I think there is a difference between personal preference and racism.

Last edited by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa*; 02-03-2011 at 05:31 PM..

Old 02-03-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSB13 View Post
Do you really believe this? It may be one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. Race, gender, religion and ethnicity are all identifiers that people use everyday. Some people only date in their own religion, some people only date from their own culture, and some people only date their own color. This isn't racist it is just who you are attracted to, unless you believe gay people choice to be gay.

And how is race man made. Race is in our DNA, please explain the man made part.
Race has ZERO to do with dna. The arrangement of alleles (genetics, dna, snp's) in each human being is what creates the superficial (skin deep) differences between the way humans look. The concept of race has ZERO basis in science. Anthropologists do not deal in terms of race when describing human variation. Linnaeus created racial classifications which formed the basis for scientific racism. There is ethnicity, and culture but not race.

I'll refer you to the following links.

https://genographic.nationalgeograph...hic/index.html

Race: Is It a Valid Issue?

Scientific racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-03-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knax View Post
Ok, let me help you out here.

Racism:

Racist | Define Racist at Dictionary.com

Please avoid using word that you don't know. What you are describing is something called "preference".

Preference:

Preference | Define Preference at Dictionary.com
If you discriminate against a group of people with a shared ethnicity by not dating them because you're not attracted to the way they look as a whole because they're "Saudi Arabian" that's racism.

I never discriminated against people according to a "so called race" or superficial preference I had. Because your sight is only one part of attraction, you take away your eyesight and you have really no idea what "so called race" someone is. Then you're using other ways to discriminate and make a decision.

Just proves that there are a lot of superficial people around here who base their attraction on looks for what attracts them to another person. That may be only one component of attraction, you get beyond the superficial and you deal with someone from the inside instead of the outside. Then you never know, that the guy you were least attracted to because of HOW THEY LOOK became the one person you can't imagine yourself living without.

People who sum up an entire group of humans based ONLY on their ethnicity, national origin or "so called race" are racists.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
If you discriminate against a group of people with a shared ethnicity by not dating them because you're not attracted to the way they look as a whole because they're "Saudi Arabian" that's racism.
What???

Because you’re not attracted to a certain look or type you’re racist??? You’ve gotta be kidding.

I don’t like that whole middle eastern look – dark, thick hair, dark eyes, dark skin. I am not going to be labelled racist because of that, that’s just ludicrous.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:38 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Dang, right on the money. How and where did he met those ghetto hoodrats anyway? Then says that he don't date black women cause they're all the same.

On the side note: I hate when certain men think that getting a black woman is getting a trophy
I understood you the first time.

Because, she's black doesn't mean she's ghetto.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knax View Post
Wrong again. Race can be determined by DNA. Also, it's not just "skin deep". Skulls can be used to deterimine race, as can bones.

This is preference. I just told you, please do not words whose meaning you don't understand. You're making a foold out of yourself.
Honestly I'm not making a fool out of myself because I have a background in anthropology which you are proving that you do not have every time you make a comment about "race" and DNA.

I suggest you enlighten yourself by reading the links I posted for your benefit and learn something for a change.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:40 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
I don't go for the Osama look either I don't really care for a lot of facial hair on men, but I'm not going to say I won't date ANY Saudi Arabian guys, because that would be racist.
Personally I think it's ok to be "racist" when it comes to dating. Why should I care if some white guy won't date me? My only concern about racism is if my rights are violated. The only opportunity I'm being denied in this case is a date.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
What???

Because you’re not attracted to a certain look or type you’re racist??? You’ve gotta be kidding.

I don’t like that whole middle eastern look – dark, thick hair, dark eyes, dark skin. I am not going to be labelled racist because of that, that’s just ludicrous.
If you lost your eyesight and had to select a mate how would you do it?

Old 02-03-2011, 05:44 PM

My final comment on this thread is this:

When people make generalizations as the OP did in his opening post about BLACK WOMEN he is talking about ALL BLACK WOMEN. He's making a racist statement. I don't care if he's attracted to BLACK WOMEN he's still a racist. He uses race as a criteria when he is selecting a mate. Race is a superficial outmoded cultural concept not based in science. Racism is socio-cultural.

If you decide that you only like red heads that's a preference. If you say I am only attracted to White redheads from Ireland and there are no other women on the planet I find physically attractive or worth my time to date, that's racist.

Make no mistake, that's a racist statement.

The end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships