Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:18 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times

Advertisements

I won't go into details...but I went on a date with this girl, and after the date I asked if she wanted to do it again and she said yes.

After that her mobile phone was unreachable, and she wouldn't respond to the one or two messages I sent via the dating site.

I assumed she just ditched me...do you think she should've had the guts to just say it, or would anyone even think this was the tactful approach?

Tbh the date didn't go PERFECTLY (it wasn't a disaster) and I wasn't too upset, but kind of annoyed that people can be so casually dishonest.

Have you had this happen to you or done this to anybody?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 PM

300 posts, read 659,290 times
I've never done that exactly, but once I met up with a guy for a language exchange and afterward he sent me an email saying I was cute and so on. I agreed to meet up for another language session, but then I didn't answer when he called later. I wasn't attracted to him, so it would have been awkward. If I were in the situation again, I'd reply and say no thanks. I passed him in the street once, and he looked embarrassed. I still feed bad about it.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I won't go into details...but I went on a date with this girl, and after the date I asked if she wanted to do it again and she said yes.

After that her mobile phone was unreachable, and she wouldn't respond to the one or two messages I sent via the dating site.

I assumed she just ditched me...do you think she should've had the guts to just say it, or would anyone even think this was the tactful approach?

Tbh the date didn't go PERFECTLY (it wasn't a disaster) and I wasn't too upset, but kind of annoyed that people can be so casually dishonest.

She probably said yes to your face because she didn't want to say no and insult you/embarrass both of you....so she probably should've said yes -- then answered your messages and told you no thanks properly. I don't see anything wrong with that approach but as usual, what do I know.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Of course I have, quite a few actually. I've done the same thing to girls. It happens, it was never anything that kept me up. Although one night I did get wasted and text a few lol

No you should absolutely not contact this girl again. It's over

Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 PM

300 posts, read 659,290 times
Just curious, if a girl didn't want a second date with you, would you want her to say "no" to your face?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:48 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:

I've never done it, and never had it done to me, but I know plenty of people that have done it. She didn't want to deal with the discomfort of saying no to your face. Chicken way out, but plenty of people take that path.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:48 PM

^ Both good points, I suppose. But it was a definite 'yes', not a maybe...I COULD tell by her body language she wasn't enthusiastic. Actually i wasn't too hopeful about a second meeting myself. Either way, it might not have made much difference.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM

633 posts, read 723,777 times
Quote:

dude if you will get hurt coz of douchebag people better stay away from online dating for good. unfortunately that's a major part of online dating. yes i've had those done to me bajillion times but i dont fret over it. i mean are u the type that clings/attach to someone u just met for a span of,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it....................... 2 whooping hrs?!!. i mean come on. just shake it off and prowl on the next future ex gf. loooooooooool.

such is online dating life... deal with it or quit it.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
dude if you will get hurt coz of douchebag people better stay away from online dating for good. unfortunately that's a major part of online dating. yes i've had those done to me bajillion times but i dont fret over it. i mean are u the type that clings/attach to someone u just met for a span of,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it....................... 2 whooping hrs?!!. i mean come on. just shake it off and prowl on the next future ex gf. loooooooooool.

such is online dating life... deal with it or quit it.
Yeah I wasn't upset. There wasn't much chemistry. Just a little cynical about people's casual dishonesty, but hey, I can't talk too much it's not like I've NEVER done something similar. I'd probably have said something like 'maybe I'll think about it' but that's just as weak when you think about it.

Just wondering how commonplace this is. I guess the answer is very.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:06 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
That's happened to me on basically every online date I've ever had. Very few times it's made it to date 2, but after that they just disappear or make excuses. I don't think I've ever made it to date 3 With a few of the guys I thought we had great chemistry and one of the dates ended up lasting nearly 6 hours and he kept making up more things for us to do...started with drinks, then dinner, then a movie, then walking around downtown etc. and then after that, one or two text messages and then nothing.

It happens, I try not to take it personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships