Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 09:10 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,093,380 times

Advertisements

Do you cater to your man when he is at your house?, and does he cater to you when your at his house?
Whenever my boyfriend comes over I will serve him and pick up his plate after him, but he does the same thing for me when Im at his house.
If I spend the nite at his house, I will iron his clothes, he hates to iron and Im big on ironing.
He will make me coffee and bring the coffee to me. He hates coffee.
He will wash my clothes for me, I have several outfits at his house
My sister asked me is there anything I wont compromise on?
Friends I had before I met him, and friends he had before he met me, I will still talk to my guy friends, and he still talks to his girl friends.
I told her religion and financial, because his beliefs are his and mine are mine, and his money is his and mine is mine. I wont ask him to pay my bills and he wont ask me to pay his.
Is there things you will and will not do for your love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 09:13 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,374,152 times
Right now, I do not compromise. I am going thru a non-compromising phase. Meaning I dont cater to any man, I just dont.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:21 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Do you cater to your man when he is at your house?, and does he cater to you when your at his house?
Whenever my boyfriend comes over I will serve him and pick up his plate after him, but he does the same thing for me when Im at his house.
If I spend the nite at his house, I will iron his clothes, he hates to iron and Im big on ironing.
Friends I had before I met him, and friends he had before he met me, I will still talk to my guy friends, and he still talks to his girl friends.
I told her religion and financial, because his beliefs are his and mine are mine, and his money is his and mine is mine. I wont ask him to pay my bills and he wont ask me to pay his.

Well, since his house IS my house, yes we do cater to one another at home

There is not much I wouldn't do for him, though there are some things I might rather not do. However, if something is important to him (and vice versa) it gets done.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:36 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,272,092 times
Cater? No. We are not each other's slaves. If one makes dinner, the other helps clear the dishes. That's about it. Unless one of us is injured or recovering from surgery or something big like that, I don't do his housework and he doesn't do mine. If one of us needs help with something, that person will ask. Sometimes if one has a big project, the other will offer to help. For instance, he may be remodeling his bathroom soon. I offered to help him paint it, like I would for friends and family.

But waiting on each other hand and foot, no. I hate coffee, so I don't make it. (I don't even know how. Never drank it, never will.) If he hates something, he doesn't make it for me. We don't keep outfits at each other's places, either. Toothbrushes, that's all.

And we're both okay with that.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:42 AM

104 posts, read 99,627 times
Quote:

At first, I was willing to do anything and I tried to make sure we were equal in what we gave. I never want to do more, and be taken advantage of, but that's not a problem with him and I know that now. He is willing to do ANYTHING, almost too much. I wish he would speak up for himself and what he wants more actually. But, I am willing to cook, clean, devote time to help him get through school, let him spend time with his friends whenever, and he is willing to do the same. We recently resolved this issue. I am NOT willing to sacrifice my personal character. I don't want to feel like I can't be myself around someone. Sometimes I get that oppressed feeling, but I talk to him about it and we work it through. But basically, I won't fake my happiness for the benefit of others, or I won't hold back when I am with friends and we are having fun, I don't want to feel like I have to "behave" when he is around. Do you knw what I mean?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:47 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
We do lots of things for each other, because we want to. We have a reasonable division of labor for household tasks based on available time and aptitude and schedules (or sometimes because one hates a certain chore and the other does not), though there are many things we'll do together when two people are needed or more fun. There is little to compromise on because we are on the same page about almost everything, from beliefs to money, etc.

And she'll make me coffee, and I'll make her tea. lol

Old 02-15-2011, 09:50 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,286,787 times
Quote:
...Is there things you will and will not do for your love?
Apart from murder someone for him, I'm pretty much a "yes" girl.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring_NewYorkers View Post
At first, I was willing to do anything and I tried to make sure we were equal in what we gave. I never want to do more, and be taken advantage of, but that's not a problem with him and I know that now. He is willing to do ANYTHING, almost too much. I wish he would speak up for himself and what he wants more actually. But, I am willing to cook, clean, devote time to help him get through school, let him spend time with his friends whenever, and he is willing to do the same. We recently resolved this issue. I am NOT willing to sacrifice my personal character. I don't want to feel like I can't be myself around someone. Sometimes I get that oppressed feeling, but I talk to him about it and we work it through. But basically, I won't fake my happiness for the benefit of others, or I won't hold back when I am with friends and we are having fun, I don't want to feel like I have to "behave" when he is around. Do you knw what I mean?

Yes I do. Its seems you have respect in your relationship
Nice post.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
We do lots of things for each other, because we want to. We have a reasonable division of labor for household tasks based on available time and aptitude and schedules (or sometimes because one hates a certain chore and the other does not), though there are many things we'll do together when two people are needed or more fun. There is little to compromise on because we are on the same page about almost everything, from beliefs to money, etc.

And she'll make me coffee, and I'll make her tea. lol

If we were living together the financial would change
But the religious beliefs no

Old 02-15-2011, 10:15 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, since his house IS my house, yes we do cater to one another at home

There is not much I wouldn't do for him, though there are some things I might rather not do. However, if something is important to him (and vice versa) it gets done.
What's yours is yours and what's his is yours.

J/K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships