Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2011, 09:11 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
Doing so make me extremlly uncomfortable.... in the case of this particular guy.
Before I was married to my wife I brought her to a wedding for the first time. Many of my family never met her.

Well, her and I sat at a table with my cousin. He is a couple years older than me. He fell all over my wife. He got all drunk and was slurring his words and hitting on her all night. We both laughed it off.

My words to you is don't bring it up again to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 09:31 AM

6 posts, read 7,340 times
Your first move in this issue is to make the relationship public to both families, this will give you a whole a new and better approach to get rid of any intruder.

Last edited by mycanaan; 02-14-2011 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 02-14-2011, 10:01 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Have they always been close as siblings? It may simply be that you are competition for her time and attention that he used to enjoy exclusively. It's not that he's "hitting" on her - more likely he's just trying (subconsciously) to hang on to a best friend.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:35 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
This is how stuff like that happens! It just does! The gals in this thread would take a totally different tone and stance provided some other gal was groping us in front of them! My how they tables have turned. I guess it would be ok to have them get our cell and give us calls at random too, eh?

It is amazing how on some topics women specially in the comfort of just discussion online think a guy should be one way but you just know that it would be reversed if the situation was reversed.

I have been in the situation specially at night clubs where I brought a date who was super hot, she dressed super hot, and as soon as I went to get a drink or something from the bar I saw guys swoon on her and sit in my chair trying to hit on her. And when I came back either they were "oh sorry dude" (even though they saw me with her) or some would not get up from mt chair and look at me with a "what's up dude?" look and then I had to say something.

Being easy going is one thing but it can tax you after a while.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:41 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
It is amazing how on some topics women specially in the comfort of just discussion online think a guy should be one way but you just know that it would be reversed if the situation was reversed.

I have been in the situation specially at night clubs where I brought a date who was super hot, she dressed super hot, and as soon as I went to get a drink or something from the bar I saw guys swoon on her and sit in my chair trying to hit on her. And when I came back either they were "oh sorry dude" (even though they saw me with her) or some would not get up from mt chair and look at me with a "what's up dude?" look and then I had to say something.

Being easy going is one thing but it can tax you after a while.
That's a different situation. She's got him tagging along to her relatives house but unable to say "hey dude, we're like together" She's got him in this situation where he's supposed to just put up with it. And it reeally smacks of her being a cat, and he's her cat toy. Since SHE put him in this situation, it's up to her to relieve the tension, and instead she's letting him fry.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:44 PM

243 posts, read 395,621 times
Just relax and enjoy the attention she gets...

Old 02-14-2011, 01:47 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
That's a different situation. She's got him tagging along to her relatives house but unable to say "hey dude, we're like together" She's got him in this situation where he's supposed to just put up with it. And it reeally smacks of her being a cat, and he's her cat toy. Since SHE put him in this situation, it's up to her to relieve the tension, and instead she's letting him fry.

Yes agreed. What's up with the secret?

Old 02-14-2011, 03:51 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
Maybe he's a Montegue and She's a Capulet?

Old 02-14-2011, 04:35 PM

164 posts, read 211,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Maybe he's a Montegue and She's a Capulet?
) ha ha ... no that's not it
Her parents are really wierd... I know this because I know them personally (as I said I've known her for a long time - 6 years). Her father is okay... but he likes making fun of this kinda o things(so I think she wants to avoid the awkward fun her dad is going to make). Her mum... she doesn't like me very much... and my GF knows this... so I guess she doesn't wanna have to go talking with her mother about it.
She known at some point she's gonna have to tell them... I know this because she's been asking me for some time now... how to aprouch the matter. Up to now I didn't really cared... so I had no opinion. After what happened I will try to help make the matter known to her partents also. So from now on... I can act in any given situation.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:46 PM

164 posts, read 211,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Before I was married to my wife I brought her to a wedding for the first time. Many of my family never met her.

Well, her and I sat at a table with my cousin. He is a couple years older than me. He fell all over my wife. He got all drunk and was slurring his words and hitting on her all night. We both laughed it off.

My words to you is don't bring it up again to her.
I usually do whatever I feel like doing... so if I will feel like bringing it up again... I will .... If not ... I won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships