Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:05 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times

Advertisements

Traditional housewives don't have needs, can't be frisky, and aren't sexually curious? Pretty close-minded world view you've got there, OP.

ETA: Oh, you are 16. You aren't fully cooked yet, that explains it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 11:23 AM

610 posts, read 1,295,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring_NewYorkers View Post
Just because I am a girl doesn't mean I don't have needs too? Know what I mean? And girls are not always faithful fairys either. I am happy with a good guy, but, I can still have feelings for another man. That doesn't make me a **** or *****. Honestly, I am tired of feeling like I have to live by these gender rules. I totally think women should speak out on this thread! Right now. What do you have to say ladies?!!!!!!!

Women can be frisky, and not be whores.
Women can be curious, and not sleazy!

Anyone else?!

[And im not talking about being a player]
Lol, it's mostly women putting these labels on eachother, guys mostly don't care.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:31 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
Quote:
what does it matter!!?
It matter alot. For one thing, you're not a full grown woman with experience so your views and a mature women's views are going to be totally different.

Are you talking boys here and not man and girls instead of women here?

Old 02-15-2011, 11:31 AM

201 posts, read 648,635 times
The members of this forum are responding to your age so much because with age usually comes with experience and gained intelligence. Being that you are only 16 years old and are even yet to be legally an adult, your experiences are probably limited at best and you have the typical teenage attitude towards relationships/sex. Believe it or not, your age does matter in the grand scheme of things because you are way to young to even consider that you might know anything having to do with sex and relationships. Trust me, you do not want to start concering yourself with love and sex at such a fragile age. You might make some serious, not easily written off mistakes. The whole, "A woman's gotta get her's too" attitude has always struck me as odd and in my opinion and does make you sound somewhat sleazy, like your out on the prowl for a sex experiment and that anything with a pulse will do the job for the night. This does not work.

In regards to expereinces and people, the person who I was at 16 is completely a different person than who I am now at 27. Do not think you understand sex or men or love or relationships, you dont and neither do I. All I can say is that the fact that you're even posting a thread about this is somewhat alarming to me personally. Enjoy your youth. Do not waste it on sex and men. You are just a baby, which I know that no teenager likes to hear, but it is reality. Do not waste the best years of your life trying to figure out what sexual position is the best, it is a waste of time. And don't fall into the endless halls of sexual pressure. If you plant these assertive and responsible seeds early you will come out an amazing person. People often blame parents for a poor upbringing, which I agree with. And I am not at all saying you have a poor upbringing. But, at 16 the decisions and good and bad situations are going to be up to you very shortly. You seem to be in a rush to grow up. Understand that growing up is allowing things to happen when they happen, understanding your priorities, and not forcing sex at every impulsive opportunity. You are a woman who is in school. You will be offered many impulsive sexual opportunities. Be very careful. Good luck.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:45 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Lightbulb Let's See...

Quote:
what does it matter!!?
It matters because, in plain English, people are trying to tell you to unfold your arms, ditch the attitude and (gasp!) listen when people are trying to give you helpful advice...

The major point here is this, as others have mentioned: you are 16 years old...SIX-TEEN, 2x8, 15+1...maybe I'm not an authority, in fact I KNOW I'm not, but to me that seems to me just a tad young to be starting a thread on a chat forum, and then 'busting a 'tude' on people when they try to give you sincere advice...

I don't think anyone here, myself included, doesn't have your best interests at heart in this matter...and basically, all we're trying to say is, you may want to get a little bit more life-experience under your belt...and by the way, 'traditional housewives'? That's a good way to get a whole group of folks just a little 'hot'...you really shouldn't generalize like that, simply because you have yet to walk a mile in the shoes of a traditional housewife...

Finally, you may want to take it down about a 1000, next time you start a thread...there is absolutely nothing wrongwith being outspoken, but after reading some of your replies in this thread alone, you just set the wrong initial tone...food for thought

Old 02-15-2011, 12:19 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
I couldn't resist....

You are 16 going on 17
Baby its time to think
Better beware
Be canny and careful
Baby you're on the brink

You are 16 going on 17
Fellows will fall in line
Eager young lads
And grueways and cads
Will offer you fruit and wine

Totally unprepared are you
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you
Of things beyond your ken

Old 02-15-2011, 12:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I couldn't resist....

You are 16 going on 17
Baby its time to think
Better beware
Be canny and careful
Baby you're on the brink

You are 16 going on 17
Fellows will fall in line
Eager young lads
And grueways and cads
Will offer you fruit and wine

Totally unprepared are you
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you
Of things beyond your ken
Gosh, I LOVE the Sound of Music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL27-...eature=related

Old 02-15-2011, 01:33 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,676,402 times
i think i gave everybody but op rep on here.... sighhh

kiddo, you have a long ways to go. i know at your age, things seem so... soo.... important but they really aren't.

you will grow, and mature, and become (hopefully) a fantastic woman who is secure in her life, relationships and needs. but at this age, just have fun. date, hang with friends, go to the mall, go to prom... all that jazz

Old 02-15-2011, 01:51 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,032 times
Isn't this the time of the year when girls become more rebellious and start a revolution group (something like that)?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:08 AM

104 posts, read 99,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
It matter alot. For one thing, you're not a full grown woman with experience so your views and a mature women's views are going to be totally different.

Are you talking boys here and not man and girls instead of women here?

Well, kindof. I see it the same as any other. You guys don't know me personally and I am being judged so harshly. It's funny how immature grown men and women can be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships